From Hero To Legend

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
New Chapter 10! Enjoy!

Chapter 10: Bullying the Bully

Sandy woke up early, grateful and fortunate that she did not have a nightmare that night. She sat up and spotted SpongeBob lying next to her, sleeping peacefully. She gently caressed his face, careful not to wake him up and disturb him from his beauty sleep. For some reason, she wondered if he was dreaming about her. Sandy sighed and smiled subconsciously. Never in any of her years underwater would she expect to fall in love with a sea creature. If she were asked that she would fall in love with a sea creature back before she moved underwater, she would have laughed and mocked the thought, but after meeting SpongeBob, she knew. Even when they first met, she knew that SpongeBob was something else. His attitude was unlike any other guy she ever met. It was so.. positive. So happy. So friendly. Despite her tough attitude and strength, she obviously showed a soft spot for SpongeBob. Whenever he got hurt or scared, she would do whatever she could to help and comfort him. They had been friends for fifteen years. Sandy thought, Was.. Was this inevitable? Were we.. meant to be? She shivered at the thought. She was both scared and excited. The problem for Sandy was if SpongeBob also had feelings for her. He was so childish and so immature at times. If he didn’t reciprocate his feelings to her, she wouldn’t be able to stay underwater out of sheer shame and embarrassment, and she wouldn’t be able to show her face in front of SpongeBob ever again. That was the main reason why Sandy had yet to tell SpongeBob her new found feelings.

Sandy sighed again. All she could do was hope that SpongeBob liked her back. She stepped out of the tent and checked the time on her watch. It was eight in the morning. The light caused by Sandy opening the tent woke SpongeBob up. He yawned and looked around the tent, noticing that Sandy wasn’t inside. He crawled out of the tent and looked around. He shielded his eyes at the light and saw Sandy, sitting on a random convenient log, staring off in the distance at the split in moss and sand. He heard her sigh. Thinking that she had an issue of some kind to him, SpongeBob called, “Um, Sandy?” Sandy gasped and turned around, “Uh.. Hey, SpongeBob.” SpongeBob asked, “What’s wrong? Is it something I did yesterday?” Sandy shook her head, “Ya’ll did nothing wrong, SpongeBob. I’m just…. reminiscin’ the good days when we first became friends.” SpongeBob sighed and smiled, “Yeah. Those were the days.” SpongeBob then joined Sandy in staring off in the distance.

After about half an hour of silence, staring in the distance, and reminiscing their early years of friendship, SpongeBob got up and asked, “So Sandy, where are we headed next?” Sandy answered, “Well, the next town is Moss Angeles. We can stay there to rest and eat for tonight. Problem is we don’t know who we’ll be facing. Could be robots or strong men or Plankton’s commanders. I’m honestly scared… and tired.” SpongeBob placed a hand on Sandy’s right shoulder, “Me too, Sandy.”

Another half hour passed, and SpongeBob and Sandy continued on their journey. While SpongeBob was looking down, still reminiscing his early years, Sandy spotted tall buildings in the distance. Thinking it was a mirage, Sandy wiped her helmet clean and rubbed her eyes, but the figures remained visible and appeared slightly closer to the point where the silhouettes were more pronounced. Sandy gasped, “SpongeBob, look! Moss Angeles!” SpongeBob looked up and gasped. He subconsciously grabbed his stomach in sheer hunger. He and Sandy both started to run for the town. Moments later, they noticed that almost every part of the town was green with moss, staying true to the name of the town. When they entered downtown, SpongeBob and Sandy stopped to rest by a bench. They panted and sat down. Sweat dripped from both of their heads.

They looked around the town. It was also heavily damaged, but it wasn’t enough for the townspeople to flee. Burn marks and cracks filled the streets. The once mossy buildings were singed and some of the walls chipped off. People still walked the streets as if nothing happened. Both SpongeBob and Sandy sighed with relief that the city was still active. They looked at each other. Sandy said, “C’mon, SpongeBob. Let’s grab a bite first. We haven’t eaten much since we left.” She grabbed her stomach and groaned hungrily. SpongeBob nodded in agreement, holding his own stomach. They spotted a small restaurant and entered. A few threatening-looking people stared at the two upon entrance. Sandy grabbed SpongeBob’s hand without really realizing it. They both took a deep breath and headed in line. They each ordered a double cheeseburger and kelp fries and sat outside next to a café.

They started chowing down on their food. They moaned happily as they ate actual food for the first time since they left Bikini Bottom. Little did they know that someone was spying on them. A couple tables behind the duo, a flat fish with a suit and hat on stared at the two, lifting a newspaper up and down to avoid looking suspicious of being a spy. It was Flats. He squinted angrily at SpongeBob in particular, as if he was his prime target. Suddenly his radio went off, “Flats! Flats, status report!” Flats panicked and tried to conceal the radio. SpongeBob and Sandy stopped eating and turned around. SpongeBob gasped. Sandy looked at him concerned, “What’s wrong SpongeBob?” SpongeBob answered, “They forgot the pickles!” Sandy sighed, “Fast food.. It’s the same down here as it was in Texas. They forget your order and it ain’t worth it in the end.” Flats whispered harshly, “Shut up, sir! Targets are right in front of me. Now they’re suspecting!” Plankton shouted through the radio, “That’s good! Confront them and take care of them!” Flats smirked, “Yes, Sir!” He stormed up to the eating duo and cracked his fists.

While SpongeBob and Sandy were ranting about the pickles, Flats stood behind them, holding a smirk and crunching his fists. Sandy then noticed a tall shadow covering them. She stopped and patted SpongeBob if he noticed. They both turned around and gasped. Flats growled, “We meet again, Squarepants!” SpongeBob screamed. Sandy asked, “Wait, ya’ll know this guy?” SpongeBob, shaking, stuttered, “S-Sandy, this is Flats. He tried to ki-kick my butt during boating school.” Flats said, “That’s right, and you got the easy way out. Today will be different. I promised revenge, Squarepants! Now you’ll get the butt kicking of a lifetime!” Sandy stepped up and growled, “Not while I’m here, varmint! Nobody touches SpongeBob! I’ll be the one doin’ the butt kicking!” Flats laughed, “Please! You’re just a little rodent. How can YOU kick my butt? And why are you defending this scrawny geek of a sponge? You’re as pathetic as him.” Sandy clenched her fists and started turning red. How dare he insult both her and her secret love. He will pay.

Sandy shouted, “Oh, you’re in for it now!” She crunched her fists and punched Flats square in the jaw. Flats backed off in pain. He recovered and growled. He lunged towards Sandy and tackled her to the ground. Sandy tried to push Flats off, but surprisingly, Flats was just as strong as she was. Flats smirked and started punching Sandy’s helmet repeatedly with aggression. Sandy grunted after each hit. SpongeBob gasped at the sight. He had half a mind to help her, but he was even more afraid of Flats because he actually had the capability to beat Sandy. SpongeBob took a deep breath. He decided to help Sandy. Friends never abandon friends, and this situation was no exception.

SpongeBob backed up, then sprinted at Flats. Flats successfully broke Sandy’s helmet, and was currently ruthlessly punching Sandy in the face. SpongeBob managed to nudge Flats away. He then checked Sandy, who was knocked out cold. She had a black eye and bruises on her cheeks. SpongeBob quickly pushed a button on Sandy’s suit, causing a new helmet to come out of the suit. He then quickly removed the water from the suit using her flusher. As he finished, Flats punched him away from her. SpongeBob landed a few feet away. Flats said, “Well, SpongeBob, since your little girlfriend is taken care of, now it’s time for me to finish what I started all those years ago.” SpongeBob shook with fear. He asked, “W-Why are you doing this?” Flats slowly stepped closer to SpongeBob, “One word, kid. Revenge. You humiliated me. You sent me off. Now I’m not going to make the same mistake of just using useless threats and words. Now it’s time for the real action!” He grabbed SpongeBob and flung him at a wall of a building. Flats laughed and held him into the air so he couldn’t get away. He started repeatedly smashing him against the wall. SpongeBob screamed, “SANDY! SANDY! HELP ME!” Sandy regained consciousness just in time. She heard SpongeBob’s screaming and gasped. She slowly got up and limped as fast as she could to Flats. She tapped his shoulder. Flats, surprised, turned around. Right when he faced her, Sandy threw a fierce punch at his face. Flats slammed into the wall and fell forward to Sandy’s feet, dropping SpongeBob in the process. SpongeBob groaned in pain as he hit the ground, crawling slowly away from the fight. He got up slowly to see Sandy kicking Flats in the face continuously. She grunted as she made one final blow at Flats’ face, knocking him out.

Sandy turned to where SpongeBob was. He was panting and groaning in pain holding his side as he laid on the ground. Sandy limped slightly as she made her way to the fallen sponge. She fell to her knees and tapped SpongeBob, “SpongeBob, ya’ll alright?” SpongeBob groaned and turned to Sandy, “Y-Yeah. My side hurts, though.” Sandy looked at his side, “Wee doggy! That must’ve hurt! What happened there?” SpongeBob answered, “Flats grabbed me there when he smashed my into the wall. I can still feel his grip.” Sandy flinched when she looked again. His side was indeed indented as if someone grabbed him there. She stood up and helped SpongeBob up, “C’mon. I’ll book a room at a hotel. We can stay here for the night. We need some food and rest anyways.” SpongeBob nodded in agreement and limped off.

It was dusk. Sandy couldn’t find a hotel, but a rundown motel in the slums. Sandy was in the lobby trying to get a room. She was holding back a glare at the obnoxious teenage fish behind the front desk. Sandy sighed, “I’m gonna say this again. All I want is a room!” The fish glanced at Sandy, then at SpongeBob who stood next to her holding his side. The fish rolled her eyes, “So you want a room. Why here? Is it your honeymoon or something?” Sandy and SpongeBob both blushed at the word “honeymoon,” but Sandy recovered quickly and shouted, “NO! We just want a place to sleep!” The fish sighed. She then gave Sandy the key to a room. Sandy sighed, “Finally!” She grabbed the key and took SpongeBob up the stairs to their designated room.
The room was in the second floor of the three-story motel. It had only one twin-sized bed, a bathroom, an armoire and cabinets on both sides of the bed. Sandy sighed, “Well, it’s better than nothin’, I guess.” She kneeled on the bed and motioned SpongeBob to sit. Sandy started massaging his side. She stopped every time SpongeBob shouted in pain, and added pressure when SpongeBob moaned in comfort. When SpongeBob felt much better, he laid down. Sandy exited their room and looked at the view. There was a large body of goo in the distance, and night lights of the rest of Moss Angeles, an excellent view from such a rundown portion of the city. Sandy sighed. They were more than halfway to Planktopolis 2, and she had a roller coaster of emotions throughout her journey so far. All Sandy could think of was SpongeBob. She was officially in love with him. She didn’t care if he was a weak, naive fry cook. She loved his personality the most. His dedication as a friend, his kindness, his sense of humor, his loyalty, and his care. All of those qualities caught her attention from the start. It made them friends. Sandy yawned. Maybe it’s best if they rest now so they can gain more ground the next day. She walked back into their room and laid next to SpongeBob, who was already asleep. Sandy fell asleep quickly. She was fortunate not to have a nightmare that night. She smiled as she slept, and subconsciously wrapped an arm around SpongeBob, who subconsciously hugged her back. They saved each other’s lives, and their friendship strengthened, but they didn’t know that they were both asking the same question to themselves: Can we be more than friends, and is it even possible?

This is the new Chapter 10. Chapters 1-9 are still the same. The new Chapter 11: Battle on the Beach will be up soon! Stay tuned! Remember also, I extended the journey from three days to five days, because I left out some stuff and I also had an awesome daydream on my way to Vegas last weekend.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
I will be posting this story chapter by chapter to Fanfiction.Net for the sole purpose to gain more feedback. Just wanted to get that out there.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Okay, so I did quite a few changes. I split Chapters 9 and 14 into different chapters, so Bullying The Bully is chapter 11. I also split what originally was going to be the new chapter 11 into two chapters, which are now chapters 12 and 13. I've actually had chapter 12 done for about a week and totally forgot to post it here once I finished, so I apologize. As an apology, here's the new chapter 12. It's mostly filler. :P

Chapter 12: Mind Off the Mission

Sandy woke up and stretched. She smiled and looked at SpongeBob, who was still sleeping peacefully. She remembered that she took off her air suit in the middle of the night to sleep more comfortably. She picked up her suit and put it on. She then stood up and stepped outside to see the view. The body of goo was gleaming clearly and brightly, the city was already buzzing with activity and fighting robots, and the sun was rising brightly from under the sea. Sandy sighed. It reminded her of the time she went to the Houston Bay Area back in Texas. She heard a noise behind her and noticed SpongeBob was awake. He stood next to her and joined her in staring at the view. Sandy sighed again, “Ain’t this pretty?” SpongeBob nodded. He placed an arm around Sandy’s shoulder. Sandy blushed but welcomed this action.

After a few minutes of staring at the view, SpongeBob nudged Sandy, “Sandy, wanna go get some food before we continue? I wanna visit the legendary Pink Pearl Pier, where many fish come to experience Lake Pearl from up close to see the famous pink surface. I wanna go to the Pier because neither of us have seen it from so close before. It’ll be fun, Sandy, trust me!” Sandy nodded and smiled, “Sure, SpongeBob. This is the first time that we’ve been completely alone together in years. No Patrick, no Squidward, no Mr. Krabs, just the two of us.” SpongeBob nodded and walked down the rusty staircase. Sandy followed after a moment more of staring at the view.

About five minutes passed as SpongeBob and Sandy made their way to Pink Pearl Pier to find food. They sauntered into Pink Pearl Pier’s Pizza Parlor, where the pizza was served with pink lemonade and a special view of Lake Pearl. SpongeBob waited at a table next to a window with a great view of the lake while Sandy ordered pizza for both of them. SpongeBob started to stare at Sandy again. Despite all the chaos and conflict that ensued since their journey began, she still looked pretty. Should he tell her about these feelings he had been having since they started their journey? SpongeBob suddenly became nervous, and he wasn’t too sure why. He put the thought aside and focused on the main task at hand. They were on day four of their journey, and they were getting close to Planktopolis 2.

SpongeBob was so deep in thought that he didn’t notice Sandy arriving with six slices of pizza split evenly in half. Sandy looked at him concerned, “SpongeBob?” She proceeded to tap his shoulder, causing SpongeBob to break his train of thought. The first thing he saw after recovering was Sandy, who looked slightly worried and tired. She said, “Um, the pizza’s here. Eat up, Sponge.” SpongeBob nodded, “Okay. Thanks, Sandy.”

While eating slowly, SpongeBob and Sandy shared glances between each other and their food. They also shared the same thought, Should I reveal these odd feelings I’ve been having since this journey started? Neither of them wanted to reveal their feelings, but they really did at the same time. Nervousness and fear of rejection kept both of their mouths shut. Sandy changed her focus from her feelings to simply catching up. Because they had not seen each other for months prior to this journey, this moment seemed the most appropriate to catch up and talk casually to each other. Sandy spoke, “SpongeBob, what have ya’ll been up to while I was… busy?” SpongeBob looked at her, showing a somewhat sad face to her because his answer was quite emotional. He answered, “Most of the time, I was just jellyfishing with Patrick and working at the Krusty Krab 2. Other than that, all I’ve been thinking about was our friendship and how I could get us back together.” Sandy winced at the word ‘friendship.’ She did not want to remind herself of all those times she kicked him out of her house while she worked, especially after her apology three nights ago. Sandy sighed, “Y’know, SpongeBob, every day I was working, I missed the sweet, sweet sound of your voice and the welcoming mood ya’ll always visit with when you enter my treedome. I promise never to kick you out of my house again, no matter how mad or busy I get.” SpongeBob smiled as he took another bite out of his pizza. Sandy placed another pizza inside her suit and took a bite as well.

It was SpongeBob’s turn to ask a question, “Sandy, what did you invent during those months?” Sandy sighed and answered, “Well, the improvements on my air suit I’m wearing is one. Another is a time machine that makes one invisible to the inhabitants of the time you’re visiting. Other inventions include a stealth cloak, a love potion, a virtual reality vine-swinging simulator for my bosses, holographic niches, and a personified robot that has thoughts, emotions, feelings and other lifelike qualities. One experiment I keep trying yet failing is the most important project for me. The dual-breathing project. Breathing water and air without having to give up the other. It’s the one I’ve always looked forward to, and my bosses expect one of their employees to pull through. I failed at least five times. The project I was working on the day we started our journey was the personified robot.” SpongeBob nodded and continued eating. Sandy did the same, and the two stayed silent, deep in thought again.

After eating, SpongeBob and Sandy both just stared outside of the restaurant’s window, and the breathtaking view of Lake Pearl and its beautiful pink goo. Sandy sighed. SpongeBob got up and tapped her shoulder, “Wanna walk along the beach?” Sandy nodded and stood up. They both left as they walked slowly to Pink Pearl Beach to walk alongside the waves. SpongeBob smiled at the sight of kids playing with the sand and people surfing the waves. It reminded him of Goo Lagoon. Because the robots didn’t like goo or other wet objects ironically other than water, the beach was almost unscathed except for a few robot parts washing up along the shoreline. SpongeBob and Sandy made it along the shores and started walking even slower as goo touched their feet. Sandy subconsciously grabbed hold of SpongeBob’s hand. SpongeBob blushed. Maybe she’s in the moment, SpongeBob thought.

Meanwhile, Manray was patrolling the small town of Pink Pearl. Plankton’s voice was heard from his radio, “Manray! Status report!” Manray reported, “No sign of the sponge or rodent, sir!” Plankton said, “Keep looking! Flats got beaten at Moss Angeles, and Moss Angeles is very close to Pink Pearl. Remember! I entrusted the Krabby Patty Secret Formula to you to hide at Town Hall. Do NOT fail me!” Manray nodded, “Consider the job done, boss. Just one question though. Why is the formula here if your palace is more heavily protected?” Plankton answered, “It’s part of my plan. SpongeBob would assume that it’s here at the palace. Hiding it in a random town will keep him or anyone else in Bikini Bottom from ever finding out anytime soon. Now find and kill the sponge and bring the squirrel to me. Got it?” Manray nodded again, “Understood, sir.” He put the radio in his pocket and flew into the air to continue his patrolling.

SpongeBob and Sandy stopped walking along the shore to sit on the sand and stare at Lake Pearl. It surely was a beautiful view. It almost seemed romantic. They both sighed at the same time. SpongeBob glanced at Sandy and smiled. Sandy sensed his staring and smiled back, looking down as she thought about her feelings again, but only for a moment. She got up and asked, “SpongeBob, let’s have some real fun for once. Wanna play some volleyball with me?” SpongeBob beamed and stood up, “Sure thing, Sandy!” Sandy motioned, “Well, c’mon!” She started sprinting to a nearby volleyball court, and SpongeBob followed close behind. Sandy stopped feet away from the net, spotting a duo that looked arrogant and competitive. One was a muscle-bound shark holding a volleyball and the other was a pretty female fish with a curvy body who smirked at her audience. SpongeBob stopped and glanced at Sandy, who was studying the duo with the volleyball. She whispered, “The shark looks tough, but he ain’t Texas tough. He’s seems all talk. The lady’s different. She seems skilled by the look of her figure.” She turned to SpongeBob and smirked, “We can take ‘em.” SpongeBob was nervous. He was never good at sports, and their opponents looked tough, but he trusted Sandy to the point where he would try his best.

Sandy walked onto the court and called out the duo, “Howdy, ya’ll! Me and my spongy friend her are itchin’ to challenge ya’ll to a volleyball match. Best two out of three!” The shark looked at the squirrel that called him out. He glanced at his partner, who called Sandy out, “Hey everyone! Get a load of this chick! Well, lady, I’ll have you and your freaky little friend here know that my boyfriend Mark and I are undefeated in volleyball. What makes you two foreigners think you can beat us?” Mark joined in the conversation, “And I’d like to add that these two look so poor and weak compared to us. C’mon, people! Do you all think that this freaky little couple can beat Rosie and me, the reigning champs in volleyball at Pink Pearl Beach?” Some people cheered while others nervously laughed along with the duo. Sandy just stared smugly, her arms folded, “Ya’ll don’t look so tough. I think we can take you.” SpongeBob laughed nervously. Rosie glared, “Okay, you’re on, lady!”

Mark picked up the volleyball and made a serving stance. Sandy glared in focus. Without looking, she said, “Get ready, SpongeBob.” SpongeBob made a similar stance, but he was shaking in fear. What did he get himself into? Had he not learned what situations Sandy sometimes got him into? It was too late. For Sandy’s sake, SpongeBob decided to shake his fear away. Mark started the game. He served the volleyball with a lot of might. SpongeBob gasped and flinched, causing Mark and Rosie to laugh. Sandy shouted, “SpongeBob! Quick, do this!” Sandy made a stance, cupping her hands together under her waist. SpongeBob made the stance as quickly as he could. The ball landed on his hands and bounced back up. Sandy jumped and spiked the ball. Rosie dove to the ground and hit the ball over the net, but Sandy spiked again on the other side and Mark could not make it in time before the ball landed in the sand.

The games continued, and both teams each won a game. It was the final game, and, most importantly, the deciding match. It was a tie, and the next two points decided the winners. A large crowd gathered around the court. Sandy and SpongeBob panted, sweat beading on their heads as they focused on the game. Mark and Rosie were nervous. Never had a two-man team cut a match so close before. They really underestimated the squirrel’s agility and the sponge’s luck. Sandy served. Rosie fish hit it and Mark spiked straight into the ground, causing a crater to form in the sand and causing SpongeBob to get blown back a few feet. The two opponents laughed as they cheered that they were one point away from victory. Sandy helped SpongeBob up. She whispered, “SpongeBob, set the ball. I’ll finish.” SpongeBob nodded as he got up and made another stance. Rosie served as hard as she could. It flew over SpongeBob’s head. Sandy gasped and dove for the ball. She barely hit it and SpongeBob hit it over the net. Mark spiked the ball, but this time SpongeBob dove in time to bounce it back up into the air. Sandy set the ball as SpongeBob quickly got up and hit it at a vulnerable spot between Mark and Rosie. Rosie gasped in shock that her opponents were able to tie the game once again. SpongeBob served the ball this time. Mark hit it it hard over the net, but Sandy spiked it quickly in response. Rosie tried to hit the ball, but the ball hit her shoulder instead, causing it to careen into the crowd. SpongeBob and Sandy high-fived as they gained a one-point lead. SpongeBob served again. Mark answered back with a set. Rosie spiked it just over Sandy, but SpongeBob dove, hitting the ball just high enough to be a perfect set. Sandy hit it slightly at another weak spot and the ball hit the sand. The crowd went silent. All of a sudden, they all cheered. Mark and Rosie stared at each other in shock. They were finally beaten. SpongeBob and Sandy jumped up and cheered. They then hugged tightly, caught in the moment of victory.

While everyone was cheering, a loud explosion was heard from behind. Everyone on the beach turned around and gasped. One of the skyscrapers was blown from the top. Sirens started wailing as police officers, firefighters, and paramedics rushed to the scene. SpongeBob and Sandy glanced at each other in fear. Pink Pearl was under attack.

Hope you enjoyed this filler! Chapter 13 will return to action, don't worry and stay tuned, for I was already almost done with that chapter. :P

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
So here's the Chapter 13! The last chapter of the story that I will be writing! Enjoy!

Chapter 13: Retrieving the Formula
SpongeBob and Sandy sprinted as fast as they could to Downtown Pink Pearl while everyone else on the beach as well as the city ran for their lives. They stopped when they saw the city itself. Robots filled the streets and the authorities could not contain them since their only weapons were batons. SpongeBob shook his head, “How could this happen?” Sandy shook her head, “Looks like break’s over, SpongeBob.” The two headed further downtown to fight the invading robots. Manray spied on the duo from on top of an apartment building close-by. He smirked. He pulled the radio and reported, “Targets spotted, sir.” Plankton’s voice was heard from the other side, “Excellent! Remember, eliminate the sponge, capture the squirrel and bring her to me. Pull this off, and you’ll be promoted to the leader of my new army.” Manray nodded, “I won’t disappoint you, your Majesty.” He jumped down from the top of the building.
SpongeBob and Sandy defeated a dozen robots on the main street. They were back-to-back in karate stance. They panted and turned around to face each other. SpongeBob smiled, causing Sandy to sheepishly smile back. Suddenly, they heard something land behind them. SpongeBob and Sandy turned around and gasped. Manray smirked as he walked towards them, “I knew you two would be here.” SpongeBob gulped. Sandy made a karate stance, “What’s your business here, Manray?!” Manray glared, “I’m here to finish you two, especially since Plankton’s other nincompoop elites couldn’t. You’ll never beat me nor will you ever find the secret formula at City Hall!” He laughed for a moment before stopping, shocked that he gave away that essential piece of information. Under his breath, “Uh.. oh.. I shouldn’t have said that..”
SpongeBob gasped when Manray mentioned the formula and where it was. Sandy leaned to him and whispered, “I’ll distract Manray. You run to City Hall and find the formula. I’ll meet you in front of City Hall. Go at my signal.” Manray sighed and turned around back at the duo. He made a fighting stance as Sandy did hers. Sandy quickly made the first move and performed a sweeping kick on Manray and tripping him. She then shouted, “GO! SPONGEBOB! RUN NOW!” SpongeBob jumped and started sprinting around the town. After about a minute of running, SpongeBob spotted a sign on a street corner that pointed the direction to Town Hall. SpongeBob hastily made his way to retrieve the Krabby Patty formula.
Meanwhile, Manray sent a barrage of lasers down to Sandy, who dodged them with ease. She panted and looked up at Manray, who was in the air aiming down at her with his laser. He threatened, “Foolish rodent! Can’t you see that you’re too late in saving the world? I have already laid waste of more than half of the sea! You’re recalcitrance is futile.” Sandy shouted back, “We ain’t too late yet! As long as SpongeBob and I are on this mission, none of ya’ll will ever see victory!” Manray growled and fired another barrage of lasers at the squirrel, who dodged them all and took shelter in an apartment building. She panted for a moment before making her way to the roof.
Manray fired at the apartment, causing scared civilians to run for another building for cover. Sandy stopped on the roof, panting again. Moments later, she glared at Manray, who aimed at her head again, “You just don’t know when to quit, squirrel.” Sandy sprinted off the roof and landed on Manray’s leg. Manray tried kicking her off, but Sandy started climbing up to his laser. She started to wrestle with Manray over the laser, causing beams to fly in random directions. People on the ground screamed and ran for cover.
SpongeBob was stealthily searching for the formula in Town Hall. Every room was conveniently dark. Robot guards surrounded him with infrared vision. SpongeBob looked around a corner, seeing nothing but robots and a round table. He ran as silently as he could from dark corner to dark corner, searching every room for the Krabby Patty formula, but to no avail, until he made his way to the door at the end of a long hallway. He gasped as he saw the formula inside a glass bottle in a glass box surrounded by lasers.
SpongeBob was so relieved to have found the formula that he cheered and started running to it without realizing that the robots detected him and his cheering. They quickly loaded their weapons and quickly ran or flew toward the sponge. SpongeBob heard the robots spring into action. He gasped as he heard a robot stop behind him and aim its weapon straight at him. SpongeBob quickly pulled out his spatula. The robot fired. SpongeBob dodged the laser and lunged at the robot, spatula in hand. The robot started to make a siren call, alerting the other robots. SpongeBob slashed its head off. The robot collapsed slowly, blocking the door just enough so the other robots couldn’t barge in nor get a clear shot. One robot tried busting in, but it gave up and fired its laser, missing SpongeBob, but breaking the glass that protected the bottle containing the formula. SpongeBob gasped and sprinted to the pedestal the formula was standing on. He quickly grabbed it and used the destroyed robot’s body as a shield from the other robots. He then burst through the door and sprinted for the exit.
Manray landed on the ground. Sandy landed on him as the two started wrestling in the middle of a street. Sandy curb stomped his mask repeatedly and ran off to City Hall. Manray groaned and activated a wrist radio, “Robots, emergency! Head to City Hall! Eliminate the resistors!” Every robot in town stopped what they were doing. Their eyes glowed red and made their way quickly to City Hall.
Sandy entered the City Hall building. She looked around for signs of SpongeBob. Red flashes from sirens were rotating on the walls, and the halls were gleaming white. She called, “SpongeBob?” She heard yelling in the distance. All of a sudden, SpongeBob turned the corner in the same hall, sprinting as if he was being chased. Sandy exclaimed, “SpongeBob!” She opened her arms for a hug, but SpongeBob ran by and yelled, “Run Sandy!” Sandy opened her eyes and saw giant robots with lasers shooting. She gasped and sprinted the other direction after SpongeBob. She caught up to him and asked, “SpongeBob, you got the formula?” SpongeBob took it out and smiled, “Sure do!”
SpongeBob and Sandy saw the exit, prompting them to run faster. Right as they reached the front doors, they abruptly stopped. Robots surrounded them, their weapons pointed straight at them and their eyes glowing red. Dozens were on the street, many on the roofs of the buildings across the street, a few on the sides of the stairs toward the sidewalk, and many on the sidewalk itself. SpongeBob and Sandy gasped at the sight before them. One small flying robot entered with Manray on its back. Manray jumped down and glared at the duo, “Fools! You two think you can get away with this! You have two options! Either give me the formula and surrender now, or DIE!” Sandy held SpongeBob’s hand and whispered, “We can’t take all of ‘em. Let’s just clear the way and get out of here.” SpongeBob nodded and glared at Manray, “We’ll never surrender!” Manray aimed his laser, “Then parish! Robots, fire at will!”
Every robot started firing at SpongeBob and Sandy, who both sprung into action. They ran together to the right hand side, pushing or destroying the robots in their path. Manray commanded, “After them! Don’t let them get away!” The entire robot group started chasing the sponge and squirrel, who both started sprinting faster. Sandy spotted a parked boatmobile. She motioned SpongeBob to follow her. They hopped into the boatmobile. Sandy crawled under the wheel, trying to hot wire the boatmobile as fast as she could. SpongeBob started shaking, “Sandy, you better hurry!” Sandy started breathing quickly, “Almost done!” They both ducked under the interior of the boatmobile in order to dodge the bullets and lasers fired at them. Sandy suddenly exclaimed, “Got it! Hang on, SpongeBob!” SpongeBob put his seatbelt on and held on tightly to his seat. Sandy revved the boatmobile and floored it. The boatmobile sped quickly through the city and out of downtown. The robots could not keep up. Manray shouted, “NO! Impossible! How could they get away?!”
Sandy was still driving on dirt while SpongeBob just sat there. A sudden thought entered his head like an earworm. He asked Sandy, “Sandy? How come you can floor it and not get in trouble like I do?” Sandy held back a giggle, “Ah, SpongeBob! It’s because I have a license and I can control where I’m going. After this is over, I can give you some driving lessons. I bet I’m better at teachin’ better than Mrs. Puff.” SpongeBob smiled, “Sure, Sandy.”
About two hours passed. It was dusk and the boatmobile made a bad sound. When it came to a complete stop, Sandy said quietly, “Uh oh. I think we’re out of gas.” She sighed and hopped off the boatmobile. SpongeBob hopped down and stared at Sandy, who was setting up the tent. He was now questioning whether this was love he was feeling for the squirrel. He thought about telling her the next day. He pushed the thought aside once Sandy finished setting up the sleeping bags. SpongeBob laid down next to Sandy, who faced him smiling, “You enjoying the journey so far, SpongeBob?” SpongeBob smiled, “Well, if we can ignore the robots, the people trying to kill us, and Plankton being a tyrant, then yes, you can say I’m having fun.” They both started laughing at the statement. Sandy stopped first and smiled again, “Same here. Well, we gotta have some shut-eye. Tomorrow might be hectic because we’ll be going through the last two towns before Planktopolis 2. Good night!” Sandy turned around. SpongeBob yawned, “Goodnight. Sandy.”
SpongeBob fell asleep rather quickly, but Sandy started thinking about her feelings again. She turned to face him again and thought aloud, “Oh, SpongeBob. I love you, but I don’t know if you love me back. Love is such a scary thought, but at the same time, it’s the most pleasant thought to dream and think about.” She sighed, “Tomorrow might be the craziest and most dangerous day of our journey, too. If you die, I don’t know how I could live with myself, especially if I never reveal these feelings to you.” After a minute of thinking, Sandy sighed again, “SpongeBob, I’m gonna tell you my feelings tomorrow, right before we enter Plankton’s palace. I’m not letting you die without knowing about my love for you. All I can do now is hope and pray that you like me back.” She turned back around and fell asleep quickly.

Yep. NOW From Hero To Legend is COMPLETELY done! Now to work on my list, and my new story What I Once Was. Stay tuned for those!

Back