74a. Bummer Vacation

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Bummer Vacation

This episode was very good. The plot was pretty good. I felt kinda bad for Spongebob. There were some funny jokes. 8.5/10

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Awesome episode. Loved its' moments, story, and better yet, everything SpongeBob did to get back to work. One of the best of Season 4, for sure.

9/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like it ! I don't think its bad like someone here thinks! I find this episode quite nice with good jokes! And I also like the fact they chose Patrick :P that made the episode even funnier :P :P For me , 7.5/10

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
A nice way to do a "can't be at work episode". I like the krusty krab & pineapple play sets. They remind me of the SpongeBob imaginext play sets.
View attachment 6287
bummer  KK 1.png
bummer PA 1.png
bummer PA.png
bummer KK 2.png

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Like "Once Bitten" this episode definitely grew on me. Yes SpongeBob has other hobbies but the reason I think he's so obsessive is that for the first time ever he's had to leave work, knowing that it makes him want to go to work more. It's like my dog in a way. There's this one toy he has that he never plays with but whenever I grab it that's all he can focus on. The plot is funny and seeing SpongeBob's madness was great stuff.

8.5/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
I like this episode, not great, bit weird at times, but there are solid jokes, and a solid plot.

7.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Why does this episode look weird on the DVD? It's sickly bright and kind-of low quality looking for some reason.

It's a good ep though. The creepy part actually might be the best bit for me :p.

Another underrated episode. The plot is a little dumb, but they executed it quite well. It's also quite funny I also like the "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU PATRICK!" scene. A great episode, and deserves more recognition.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (A+)
3. Krusty Towers (A+)
4. The Lost Mattress (A)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
6. Bummer Vacation (A)
7. Skill Crane (A)
8. Wishing You Well (A)
9. Patrick SmartPants (A)
10. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
12. Ghost Host (B)
13. Once Bitten (B)
14. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
15. Chimps Ahoy (B)
16. Selling Out (B)
17. New Leaf (B)
18. Enemy In-Law (C)
19. Shell of a Man (C)
20. Whale of a Birthday (C)
21. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
22. Funny Pants (D)
23. Karate Island (D)
24. Good Neighbors (E)
25. All That Glitters (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I like it. It's not the most hilarious or tightly written episode ever, but it's pretty solid and has its nice share of jokes. It does feel a little boring at times, and it does feel a little too mean towards Spongebob, but other than that there's not much negative to say about this one. Also, "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU PATRICK" is one of my favorite moments in the show, so that's a plus.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Dunces and Dragons (10)
2. Krusty Towers (10)
3. Have You Seen This Snail? (9)
4. Wishing You Well (9)
5. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (8)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
7. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
8. Patrick Smartpants (8)
9. Selling Out (8)
10. Shell of a Man (7)
11. The Lost Mattress (7)
12. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (7)
13. Karate Island (7)
14. Bummer Vacation (7)
15. Enemy-In-Law (7)
16. Skill Crane (7)
17. Chimps Ahoy (6)
18. Funny Pants (6)
19. Once Bitten (6)
20. Whale of a Birthday (6)
21. Squidbob Tentaclepants (5)
22. New Leaf (5)
23. Ghost Host (5)
24. Good Neighbors (4)
25. All That Glitters (3)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Practically almost the best its a really funny and fun episode to watch. It spawned the most creepiest but funniest quote ever "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU PATRICK!"!

Rating: Amazing Episode

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'm honestly a little shocked at the fact that they took this long to come up with an episode of Patrick replacing Spongebob's job at the Krusty Krab, and although it could've had a little more going on in its plot, I would still consider it a solid episode with good jokes. I enjoyed the gags of SpongeBob trespassing on Krusty krab property. I also really enjoyed his mental breakdown and disguise as Patrick at the end of the episode.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Practically almost the best its a really funny and fun episode to watch. It spawned the most creepiest (but creepyness done right) but funniest quote ever "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU PATRICK!"!

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Patrick SmartPants (Perfect)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI The Motion Picture (Perfect)
Bummer Vacation (Amazing!)
Wishing You Well (Amazing!)
Krusty Towers (Amazing!)
Dunces and Dragons (Amazing!)
Once Bitten (Great)
Enemy In-Law (Great)
Krabs Vs. Plankton (Great)
Have you Seen this Snail? (Great)
Shell of a Man (Great)
Selling Out (Great)
Chimps Ahoy (Great)
Karate Island (Great)
SquidBob TentaclePants (Great)
Whale of a Birthday (Great)
The Lost Mattress (Okay)
Funny Pants (Meh)
Skill Crane (Meh)
Mrs. Puff Your'e Fired (Bad)
Fear of a Krabby Patty (bad)
New Leaf (Bad)
Ghost Host (Bad)
Good Neighbors (Terrible)
All That Glitters (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "Bummer Vacation"! As you may or may not know, I use my old episode ratings to help me gauge opinions on episodes as I review them. They don't guide my current ratings, they're more informative. Actually, this season has shown a significant departure from those old ratings, more than any other season so far. Anyway, I bring this all up to say that my rating for this episode from 5 years ago was quite...low. And because it was so low, combined with my only somewhat decent memory for this episode (I remember the plot vaguely and that one key moment), I decided to go ahead and rewatch this episode in full. And I'm glad I did!

This is another one of those episodes that uses Mr. Krabs' business practices as the basis for the plot. And honestly, it's pretty cool that Bikini Bottom has a fry cook union. It's completely in-character for Mr. Krabs to not have given SpongeBob time off for a vacation all the years that he worked there, so this plot makes sense to me. And I love the diverting of expectations with SpongeBob immediately agreeing to take a vacation. Love a good "I'm ready" moment. And then SpongeBob going straight to bed for his vacation is super relatable. Now, SpongeBob goes to bed for a different reason than I would, because his life and passion is working at the Krusty Krab and so he has nothing else to do (in this episode at least, obviously we've seen him have plenty of hobbies before), whereas I would love to sleep more. Also for some reason the music choices in this first minute or two really stuck out to me. I like the use of "Sunny Samoa" for the title card, and then we got some good usage of "Marlin March" and "You're Nice" in there too. Anyway, I really like the little snippets we see of SpongeBob's everyday life, with the glorious return of the stuffed animal weights and of Kelpo. That flossing face was the stuff of nightmares though...sheesh.

But anyway, I love how shocked SpongeBob is when he learns what a vacation actually is. SpongeBob's concern is fun to watch, and I love Squidward's line about how he ain't gonna do all the stuff SpongeBob is saying. And then Patrick being an unpaid intern is just hilarious to me, as is SpongeBob's utter disbelief. That joke with Patrick using the spatula as a belly scratcher kind of drags though (not to mention is disgusting). But that dullness ends nice and quick once we get to SpongeBob's house and cut to SpongeBob looking utterly wrecked (and my boy Gary is there). I don't know what was in the air but these animators and storyboarders were really just making nightmare fuel faces in this episode haha. SpongeBob being so desperate to get back to the Krusty Krab is fun to watch, even though I would never, ever do that. I rarely, rarely ever shop or eat at the places I've worked...going there on my day off is bad enough but when I"m on vacation? Absolutely not. Anyway, I love how done Mr. Krabs is. And poor SpongeBob really cannot stop working. Now to be fair, those were legitimate issues he needed to fix lol. Also SpongeBob just kind of floating back to his house is hilarious for no reason. SpongeBob playing with the play set is funny probably because of how sad it is lol. But I love how SpongeBob is literally so obsessed with work that he plays working. Somebody get this little guy a hobby! And then Gary calling him out is hilarious.

This episode really just has the weird, absurd, uncomfortably funny type humor down. Like there's the faces I mentioned earlier, and then the whole part where SpongeBob just stands on Krusty Krab property saying absolutely nothing actually got a pretty hearty laugh out of me. I think it was the combination of both SpongeBob's absolutely blank eyes and how Mr. Krabs and Squidward are literally treating him like he's some kind of vermin or something lmao. SpongeBob at Jellyfish Fields isn't particularly funny but it is enjoyable, though I thought the low salt ketchup thing was funny, as was SpongeBob sneaking back into the Krusty Krab with a disguise. From there, the episode just gets increasingly absurd as SpongeBob's mental state deteriorates, and I love to see it. Him literally coming through the phone is great especially because it instantly fails. The toilet attempt is great as well especially because of Patrick's reaction. Then Mr. Krabs literally drops him in a forest and I just have to laugh.

Then the episode takes a wonderfully weird turn as SpongeBob starts thinking the entire thing was a conspiracy. His muttering is just funny, and then the abrupt cut to Patrick makes us wonder just what's about to go down. And then Patrick opening up his rock and seeing an absolutely demented SpongeBob is just amazing. Tom Kenny acted out SpongeBob's insanity perfectly here. I love the whole "I've given the best years of my life to this place" part lmao. And then, of course, we have the ever iconic "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU PATRICK" along with the fantastic evil laugh. SpongeBob is just so unashamedly insane in this episode, wearing a whole Patrick suit and cackling.

And then the episode ends with some great reveals, like Mr. Krabs only saving a nickel (or dime?), and that being more than SpongeBob makes in a whole year...perhaps that union needs to come back around.

"Bummer Vacation" is a really fun episode. Its humor doesn't lie in clever wordy gags, or visuals (though there are some great visuals), but in the bizarreness and absurdity of the plot, and I can appreciate that. This is an episode where the enjoyment comes through particularly after watching the whole thing, at least that's how it is for me. I honestly need to start rewatching it again, because I used to dislike this episode for whatever reason, so I avoided rewatching it, but turns out it's really good! A worthy addition to my "Great" tier.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.4/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got "Bummer Vacation"! As you may or may not know, I use my old episode ratings to help me gauge opinions on episodes as I review them. They don't guide my current ratings, they're more informative. Actually, this season has shown a significant departure from those old ratings, more than any other season so far. Anyway, I bring this all up to say that my rating for this episode from 5 years ago was quite...low. And because it was so low, combined with my only somewhat decent memory for this episode (I remember the plot vaguely and that one key moment), I decided to go ahead and rewatch this episode in full. And I'm glad I did!

This is another one of those episodes that uses Mr. Krabs' business practices as the basis for the plot. And honestly, it's pretty cool that Bikini Bottom has a fry cook union. It's completely in-character for Mr. Krabs to not have given SpongeBob time off for a vacation all the years that he worked there, so this plot makes sense to me. And I love the diverting of expectations with SpongeBob immediately agreeing to take a vacation. Love a good "I'm ready" moment. And then SpongeBob going straight to bed for his vacation is super relatable. Now, SpongeBob goes to bed for a different reason than I would, because his life and passion is working at the Krusty Krab and so he has nothing else to do (in this episode at least, obviously we've seen him have plenty of hobbies before), whereas I would love to sleep more. Also for some reason the music choices in this first minute or two really stuck out to me. I like the use of "Sunny Samoa" for the title card, and then we got some good usage of "Marlin March" and "You're Nice" in there too. Anyway, I really like the little snippets we see of SpongeBob's everyday life, with the glorious return of the stuffed animal weights and of Kelpo. That flossing face was the stuff of nightmares though...sheesh.

But anyway, I love how shocked SpongeBob is when he learns what a vacation actually is. SpongeBob's concern is fun to watch, and I love Squidward's line about how he ain't gonna do all the stuff SpongeBob is saying. And then Patrick being an unpaid intern is just hilarious to me, as is SpongeBob's utter disbelief. That joke with Patrick using the spatula as a belly scratcher kind of drags though (not to mention is disgusting). But that dullness ends nice and quick once we get to SpongeBob's house and cut to SpongeBob looking utterly wrecked (and my boy Gary is there). I don't know what was in the air but these animators and storyboarders were really just making nightmare fuel faces in this episode haha. SpongeBob being so desperate to get back to the Krusty Krab is fun to watch, even though I would never, ever do that. I rarely, rarely ever shop or eat at the places I've worked...going there on my day off is bad enough but when I"m on vacation? Absolutely not. Anyway, I love how done Mr. Krabs is. And poor SpongeBob really cannot stop working. Now to be fair, those were legitimate issues he needed to fix lol. Also SpongeBob just kind of floating back to his house is hilarious for no reason. SpongeBob playing with the play set is funny probably because of how sad it is lol. But I love how SpongeBob is literally so obsessed with work that he plays working. Somebody get this little guy a hobby! And then Gary calling him out is hilarious.

This episode really just has the weird, absurd, uncomfortably funny type humor down. Like there's the faces I mentioned earlier, and then the whole part where SpongeBob just stands on Krusty Krab property saying absolutely nothing actually got a pretty hearty laugh out of me. I think it was the combination of both SpongeBob's absolutely blank eyes and how Mr. Krabs and Squidward are literally treating him like he's some kind of vermin or something lmao. SpongeBob at Jellyfish Fields isn't particularly funny but it is enjoyable, though I thought the low salt ketchup thing was funny, as was SpongeBob sneaking back into the Krusty Krab with a disguise. From there, the episode just gets increasingly absurd as SpongeBob's mental state deteriorates, and I love to see it. Him literally coming through the phone is great especially because it instantly fails. The toilet attempt is great as well especially because of Patrick's reaction. Then Mr. Krabs literally drops him in a forest and I just have to laugh.

Then the episode takes a wonderfully weird turn as SpongeBob starts thinking the entire thing was a conspiracy. His muttering is just funny, and then the abrupt cut to Patrick makes us wonder just what's about to go down. And then Patrick opening up his rock and seeing an absolutely demented SpongeBob is just amazing. Tom Kenny acted out SpongeBob's insanity perfectly here. I love the whole "I've given the best years of my life to this place" part lmao. And then, of course, we have the ever iconic "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU PATRICK" along with the fantastic evil laugh. SpongeBob is just so unashamedly insane in this episode, wearing a whole Patrick suit and cackling.

And then the episode ends with some great reveals, like Mr. Krabs only saving a nickel (or dime?), and that being more than SpongeBob makes in a whole year...perhaps that union needs to come back around.

"Bummer Vacation" is a really fun episode. Its humor doesn't lie in clever wordy gags, or visuals (though there are some great visuals), but in the bizarreness and absurdity of the plot, and I can appreciate that. This is an episode where the enjoyment comes through particularly after watching the whole thing, at least that's how it is for me. I honestly need to start rewatching it again, because I used to dislike this episode for whatever reason, so I avoided rewatching it, but turns out it's really good! A worthy addition to my "Great" tier.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.4/10
i loved the vibe of this episode

GetWelded

Welcome to the Chum Bucket #1 fan
3/10 guys. I'm gonna get flamed here. This episode was a miss for me

SpongeBob going insane made me very uncomfortable. I saw Mr. Krabs as a jerk

It does have some funny moments tho.

Overall, 2nd worst of Season 4. Behind All That Glitters

Back