• If you're of age and a U.S. citizen, remember to vote by November 3. Whether you're casting your ballot by mail, drop-off, or in-person, visit Vote.org to find information specific to your state and county of residence.

71b. Karate Island

Bl4zeTMG

420 Bl4ze it
This one was just meh. I didn't think it was amazing yet I didn't find it terrible like most other people. There's jokes here that don't really work and it's kind of just... Meh. There's amusing parts here at least so it's not the worst. 5/10

MasiHosseini

Moby Dollar
Season: 4

Episode: Karate Island

This episode was kinda bad. The plot was kinda lame. They didn't even use karate in this episode. I like the fact that Pat Morita (my favorite actor, he was the best in The Karate Kid movies) was a voice actor for the villain here. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

I'm not even going to address the fact that this episode was voted the best of the series, because I generally don't think those polls matter much anyway. Maybe this episode is popular with very young viewers and they went online to vote for this a million times? I think it might be the fight scenes that impressed some people. Then again, the theme of the episode is pretty unique, something that hadn't been done in the series before. Either way, it certainly isn't the worst episode or even close to the best episode, but it's pretty decent overall. Looking back at it, their really isn't a particularly funny moment at any point, but the whole thing is pleasant enough. Spongebob's constant arrogance towards Sandy and his own 'skill' is annoying, and unforunately it continues for about half the episode, but he realizes the error of his ways soon enough. The way Sandy has to progress through several levels of bad guys is amusing enough, and the fight scenes are surprisingly well done, considering the series isn't known for them. I liked how in one scene the character's mouths weren't synched with the dialogue, giving the impression we were watching a dubbed martial arts movie. And I take back what I said earlier: the ending, when it is revealed that the main baddie is just trying to sell condos, is pretty funny. Oddly, that joke probably went over the heads of all the little kids watching, and they are, as I mentioned, probably the ones who actally like Karate Island. At the very end, we find out who the next victim of the scam is going to be, and I couldn't help but wonder if we could've had a better episode if we had followed that character's story instead. Like I said, not a bad episode, but a mediocre one for the most part.

6/10

SquiddyFace

Happy Halloween
This episode gets way to much hate just for a very stupid reason but i find it really good I liked the fight scenes like Sandy and Udon and well spongebob was very jerky but I don't really care because he apologize to Sandy

Grade:8.5

Best Character:Sandy

Best Line:You're In The Soup Now Udon

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I don't know why people are still so salty over that Best Day Ever Poll. Anyways this is a pretty good episode with quite a few good jokes, a well told story, and has its fair share of entertaining fight scenes 8/10.

Pretty underrated episode for Season 4, the plot of this episode is intriguing: there's brilliant writing and SpongeBob's ego here, he learns his own lesson from it. What makes this even more entertaining is the intense fight scenes and a funny, climatic ending. 9.5/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Very good, Not the best but it's interesting, it has good humor, great plot, and it's just a nice episode.

7.5/10

Karate Island is not an episode I'm that fond of. SpongeBob is very unlikable here, and the "fighting" scenes felt like filler. The only good part was the fight scene at the end.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (A+)
3. Krusty Towers (A+)
4. The Lost Mattress (A)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
6. Skill Crane (A)
7. Patrick SmartPants (A)
8. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
9. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
10. Ghost Host (B)
11. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
12. Chimps Ahoy (B)
13. Selling Out (B)
14. Enemy In-Law (C)
15. Shell of a Man (C)
16. Whale of a Birthday (C)
17. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
18. Funny Pants (D)
19. Karate Island (D)
20. Good Neighbors (E)