49b. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast

This is one of the more infamous episodes as some people thought it depicted Patrick and SpongeBob as being in a gay relationship, especially with Patrick saying "Let's have another" at the end, and SpongeBob's expression :p

OVERTIME?!?

cwn

Porous Freak
It was OK. Used to not like it, but I understand it more now. 7.8/10

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This episode is underrated. It's a little gay, yeah, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that it has a great plot and humor! Yay! :D 6/10

Tbh, I didn't like this episode that much. But if I have to support, how is it gay for two men to take care of something. I frequently remember when i was 5 pretending to take care of stuffed animals with a boy that was 4, it doesn't mean I'm gay!?!?! jeez, people need to stop thinking male interaction=gay -_-

hfjs

This episode was OK. This episode doesn't need as much controversy as it has, but the ending was certainly sickening. There were some great jokes, though.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
E.V.I.L said:
Tbh, I didn't like this episode that much. But if I have to support, how is it gay for two men to take care of something. I frequently remember when i was 5 pretending to take care of stuffed animals with a boy that was 4, it doesn't mean I'm gay!?!?! jeez, people need to stop thinking male interaction=gay -_-
Agreed! People need to stop saying "gay" to every interaction between male characters, or to every male character who isn't stereotypically masculine. Better yet, people need to stop saying "gay" like it's something negative.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this episode. It's a little funny sometimes ("OVERTIME?!"), but mostly it's pretty bland.

HarryPotterLives said:
Agreed! People need to stop saying "gay" to every interaction between male characters, or to every male character who isn't stereotypically masculine. Better yet, people need to stop saying "gay" like it's something negative.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this episode. It's a little funny sometimes ("OVERTIME?!"), but mostly it's pretty bland.
I swear to god just the slightest non-masculine thing or male interaction, someone is like "Are you gay?". It's so immature and annoying. In a way, I guess that's one of the best things about being gay, you don't have to worry about being labeled gay. xD

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
E.V.I.L said:
I swear to god just the slightest non-masculine thing or male interaction, someone is like "Are you gay?". It's so immature and annoying. In a way, I guess that's one of the best things about being gay, you don't have to worry about being labeled gay. xD
Yeah, I hate that someone who's male can't be the slightest bit feminine without people thinking they're gay, or they can't interact with another male character in certain ways. It's like when people freak out over SpongeBob kissing Squidward on the head in Dear Vikings. It's not like they were making out, SpongeBob just gave him a quick little kiss on top of his head as a sign of affection. Friendly affection, it didn't seem like romantic affection to me (though even if it was I really wouldn't give a crap).

One thing I really like about SpongeBob is that the male characters aren't very masculine in a traditional sense (SpongeBob's very flamboyant and girly, Squidward's very prissy and also rather girly), yet their sexuality is never questioned or is a problem, but apparently this goes over a lot of people's heads. @_@

Yeah, I hate that someone who's male can't be the slightest bit feminine without people thinking they're gay, or they can't interact with another male character in certain ways. It's like when people freak out over SpongeBob kissing Squidward on the head in Dear Vikings. It's not like they were making out, SpongeBob just gave him a quick little kiss on top of his head as a sign of affection. Friendly affection, it didn't seem like romantic affection to me (though even if it was I really wouldn't give a crap).

One thing I really like about SpongeBob is that the male characters aren't very masculine in a traditional sense (SpongeBob's very flamboyant and girly, Squidward's very prissy and also rather girly), yet their sexuality is never questioned or is a problem, but apparently this goes over a lot of people's heads. @_@

I mean why I airplay for a female I act male

Jesus double standarda

hfjs

Milkmaidman said:
This episode was OK. This episode doesn't need as much controversy as it has, but the ending was certainly sickening. There were some great jokes, though.
Forget this I love this episode. It's honestly in my top 60, especially since my eyes see nothing wrong with "gay".

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Is it strange that I loved this one as a 5 year old?
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo underrated.10/10, 'nuff said.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
I hate how Patrick was a ::dolphin noise:: father in this one it just makes me so angry but it had so many good jokes too!
4/10 because Patrick ruined this episode

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I honestly don't like this one very much. It was cute and alright, but I can't help but to feel distaste for it. No, it's not because of the whole "SB and Pat are gay" controversy. It's because of Patrick himself. I swear he made me really angry in this one. Acting like a lazy jerk, saying that he's "working", when he's just hiding under his rock, having poor Spongebob suffer through all of the work, while Patrick watches THE MAN GET HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A COCONUT OH HEE HEE HA HA NO! I swear, his attitude and act here is infuriating. And him saying "Oh, so this is the thanks I get for working overtime?" Oh my god, that's not funny. That just makes me want to punch you, Patrick! Other than a few good moments, this episode is just infuriating. It's watchable, though.

7/10 (near decent)

Great but not perfect as Krab Borg. I agree with Gordok, Patick was a jerk in this episode and he really made me angry in this episode but It's still a funny episode and Patrick made me laugh in this episode. I laughed at many parts like Gary doing a rimshot, Patrick watching someone getting hit by a coconut, "Uhhh" time card appearing, the baby scallop dropping a coconut on Patrick's head and Patrick's "Yeah, Let's have another!" line. 9/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
A good episode, but Patrick was a jerk. Also, the ending was completely awkward. I don't know what should I say anything else for this. 8/10.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
This episode is really funny!!! I just hate how people say that Patrick and SpongeBob are gay. Other than that, its a great episode!

Back