243a. The Nitwitting

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
This is the weirdest episode ever in a bad way. 2/10

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
First half felt as gross-out as Season 6 but I feel it much improved by the second half

And what? This is the first episode since Hilenburg's death and there was no "in memory of" at the end or something?

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
SBRoxMan said:
First half felt as gross-out as Season 6 but I feel it much improved by the second half

And what? This is the first episode since Hilenburg's death and there was no "in memory of" at the end or something?
This episode was recorded months before he passed away. The next 20 or so episodes will be made before he died

RomNick said:
The episode was made when Hillenburg was still around, remember?
I'm aware. But these string of recent episodes have season 6 esque vibes. Hillenburg or no Hillenburg, still a bad episode

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Original Raw and Uncut said:
This episode was recorded months before he passed away. The next 20 or so episodes will be made before he died
True but it wouldn't have been hard to quickly add something to the end. The Simpsons managed to add something in memory of the voice of Mrs. Krabappel on the episode after she died (which was only one week prior), and the episode Karate Island included a memorial to Pat Morita who voiced Master Udon in the episode

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
True but it wouldn't have been hard to quickly add something to the end. The Simpsons managed to add something in memory of the voice of Mrs. Krabappel on the episode after she died (which was only one week prior), and the episode Karate Island included a memorial to Pat Morita who voiced Master Udon in the episode
Karate Island was edited months after Morita's passing. The Simpsons is an entirely different format of animated show that airs on a different channel.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Can't really say I care for this episode, but the only saving grace IMO is the instrumental track for the song the club members sing that played over the title track. Sounds like it's from the same mold as the "Spot Returns" title track, and I hope they use it again in future episodes.

Miru

Banished
Not as bad as "Ink Lemonade", but definitely the worst episode since. I did like the return of the Ice Cream King, but the whole thing is a huge Patrick's a jerk episode, like how Mr. Enter would say. Removing his brain, and then going around doing inconveniences? Wait, why? The concept is alright, though, but the execution is rather... grotesque. Honestly kinda feels like the anti-Cephalopod Lodge, and the latter would have actually been cool antagonists here. 4.5/10

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
even though I'm not the biggest fan of this episode a least I enjoy this episode more than the season segment of the 2nd episode of season 12 of spongebob.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Can't stand anyone in this episode, mindless stupidity throughout the whole thing. However, spongebob trying to be as stupid as everyone else got a chuckle out of me. 4.5/10

Back