231b. Ink Lemonade

Growlie

Best Boy
So I looked up the images on the SpongeBob Wikia just so I could get the main gist of the episode...

2hs6rzn.png

Oh lord... THAT'S how it ends!?
That image honestly looks like Squidward stuffed a bomb pie up his nose and it exploded.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
While the episode can be considered disturbing, I found the disturbingness to be the funniest part. Now I may be a ::dolphin noise:: normie but I actually really liked the crazy af expressions. The concept is so insane. But that's why its funny. My sense of humor can be pretty twisted. While I understand how all of you hated this episode, I like how daring this episode is. Kaz may have changed a lot in writing ability since like Wet Painters but this episode was good on its own. I didn't mind some of the out of character traits because I simply don't care about that ::dolphin noise::. To me if I enjoy the episode on its own, it's a good episode. This will be a fun one to post in the unpopular opinions topic in a few months.

Pink Gold Peach

Imitation Krab
I wasn't expecting to hate this episode but yeah, it is as bad as everyone says, with Patrick being really annoying and with some pretty bad gross out jokes as well as some Squidward torture, however, i do like the animation in some places.

Score: 1,5/10 (Terrible)

Edit: Upgraded the score

Edit 2: Downgraded the score

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Wow....I have to say that this episode was just awful, I felt very disgusted when I rewatched it. Here are my pros and mostly cons.

Pros:
- A few of the face expressions are actually funny
- The animation looks very good
- The "thank you, daddy!" scene is funny BUT ONLY out of context

Cons:
- Patrick is just a big jerk here
- The spider part was so stupid (I seriously prefer Urchins now)
- Also how the heck did Patrick get a spider if he's afraid of them in some of the previous episodes like Home Sweet Pineapple or Life Insurance? (I know the show has no continuity but come on)
- The bandage part....OH MY GOSH
- Squidward inking was just so gross
- Near the ending where he inks on every background fish is just stupid
- The ending O_O

Aside from the face expressions, this was not funny and was mostly disgusting and annoying. Definitely the worst episode of the post-sequel era and one of the worst episode I've seen in a long time.

3/10 (First episode I hated since Little Yellow Book)

Edit: I rewatched it a 3rd time and it's just as bad as before: 2/10 (It's definitely one of the worst episodes of the show)

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Wintermelon43 said:
>Amphitrite, TheGreatServer, Klu, and probably SquiddyFace all hating a post-sequel episode

This episode is so bad that we have changed the way time and the universe goes.
Make that mythix, TheGreatServer, Amphitrite, SquiddyFace, and Klu who all hate it.

We are literally destroying the rules of time and the universe at this point

OWM

XD
Observations
What I first noticed about this episode is how "le goofey" the animation is. I don't know, it felt like they were trying too hard with these weird visual gags. They add nothing and they get especially obnoxious after a while. There's also another type of goofy, in that the closeups are back! Woohoo! I have little to no experience with these new episodes, but I'm surprised to see those odd, disturbing shots of bodily parts make their return. They're not gagworthy or anything but they're not something I enjoy seeing. This episode would fit marvelously in Season 6 or 7 with its Robertryan Cory brethren. I also can't help but see blood in place of ink every time it gushes out of Squidward's nose. It's not exactly comforting coming from someone who used to get nosebleeds all the time.

What I Liked
There are a few visuals that I like, such as that shot of Patrick's body from the inside and a little Patrick is running up some spiral stairs in his brain. Some of that shots inside the tent aren't that bad either. The title card music is nice too! Twelfth Street Rag is timeless.

What I Didn't Like
The entire episode is annoying and rushed. There are so many instances where the characters are doing nothing but making some silly face/noise/using megaphones for no reason (probably to fill time). The majority of the jokes here are slapstick, which seems to be the norm for Season 11. But as it turns out, it's the just the same ones repeated over and over again. SpongeBob and Patrick scream at people with megaphones, and Squidward leaks ink out of his nose. Those are the only two jokes. And of course, Patrick. Based on what I've seen from these new episodes, he's mainly just written like a small, disabled child nowadays. Half of the episode is him screaming and doing stupid things until he suddenly decides to emotionally torture Squidward with a surreal, Squid's Visit inspired horror tent for the rest of the episode. There's absolutely no consistent tone to this episode either. There's a scene where Squidward's being rolled over inside the fake Krusty Krab on a conveyor belt. He's visibly and audibly crying and mentally disturbed, which is really off-putting for what's supposed to be a silly, off-the-wall episode. And then like five seconds later it goes right back to the silly faces and screencaps. And then later at the very end, Squidward is grabbing a cookie from his neighbors to feel better. At first viewing I was predicting there would be some sort of weird, twisted, Enchanted Tiki Dreams-esque ending to cap off an already twisted episode. But no, it's just the exact same joke we've been subjected to for the past eleven minutes.

Conclusion
As someone who has only seen two other episodes of this season beforehand, a season that isn't even finished, I think I can say with utmost confidence that this is the worst episode of the season. It's lazy, disorganized, inconsistent, crude, cruel, and tries too hard to use shock and "random" humor for a laugh. Clearly this was a waste of time I should have spent studying for the AP exams as well as a huge regression in quality back to the dark ages of Seasons 6 and 7. Screw this episode.

0.5/10

Tais

Banished
To be honest, I do like A Pal For Gary, One Coarse Meal, and Dumped, episodes I thought of when hearing about the hate of this episode. Hearing about what the episode was about made me interested in the episode in a positive way, though I did think it could possibly be boring, which most of the some post sequel episodes I've seen are. In my opinion, there are already some pretty awful post sequel episodes, Sold!, Lame and Fortune, Larry the Floor Manager, and Stuck on the Roof (my personal third least favorite episode of the whole show, for being the only episode of the show which was extremely insulting).

So I watched it, its a solid good episode and gets a 7.5/10.

But why?

I found it to be funny, and while some of the humor got boring as it was overdone, I the whole Patrick trying to get ink from Squidward, while it was obviously cruel and Patrick was a being mean, I didn't care much, for some reason I just found it funny and enjoyable, I can't really explain why.

yeah probably crap reasoning since this episode is something I have no words for why I liked it.

While its nowhere near being the best episode, its still a good episode and one of the better episodes I've seen of season 11.

also my leg was good.

Tais

Banished
Honest Slug said:
All of these episodes are pretty much objectively better than Ink Lemonade.
Sold! and Lame and Fortune are boring as hell, lack any substance, and barely have plots.

Stuck on the Roof somehow was insulting by making SpongeBob afraid of heights, specific, but its the only case of a character being out of character that I mind, SpongeBob is immature, but not hes not someone who would be afraid of heights, and also suffers what the previous two suffered from.

Larry the floor manager is actually closer to being just bad, but I really don't know how to explain why I dislike it, besides it being pretty boring

hippythehippo

Banished
Tais said:
Sold! and Lame and Fortune are boring as hell, lack any substance, and barely have plots.

Stuck on the Roof somehow was insulting by making SpongeBob afraid of heights, specific, but its the only case of a character being out of character that I mind, SpongeBob is immature, but not hes not someone who would be afraid of heights, and also suffers what the previous two suffered from.

Larry the floor manager is actually closer to being just bad, but I really don't know how to explain why I dislike it, besides it being pretty boring
Sold was hilarious enough said.

I can kinda see your stance on Lame and Fortune

I agree with Stuck on the Roof

Larry the Floor Manager was a really good episode. Larry's healing pecs are hilarious. Not much to dislike here.

Ink Lemonade, while I don't hate it as much as some people, is infuriating with the extent they portray Pat as a stalker, and Squidward like a victim. Scavenger Pants had a similar problem, but the atmosphere was light hearded, so I could let it slide. This had nothing. Give me 1 redeeming quality please.

Back