231b. Ink Lemonade

Coffee_lover

Banished
Ink Lemonade is one of my favorite episodes of not only Season 11, but the whole series. I adore how creative and exaggerated each moment of the episode is. I understand how disturbing the episode is, but I think the disturbing moments of the episodes work due to how creative they are. Some scenes that were hilarious in my opinion was when Squidward shoved a lemonade into Patrick's eye, the numerous times Patrick attempts to scare Squidward (the most noteworthy funny one, in my opinion, is when Patrick shows up at Squidward's house with his innards popping out, especially when his intestines are talking that I thought was smartly done), Patrick screaming "LEMONADE!" in the beginning and plenty of creative visual gags like Patrick squeezing a firetruck. Sure, it's another one of those "Squidward torture ::dolphin noise::s" (which I can see why due to the ending. Personally, I think is actually funny due to the citizens barfing into Squidward's house), but it's a more creative and funny one at that. It also pays off some great animation like the scenery of the haunted area and the giant spider. It may seem like I'm joking, but I'm honest about my thoughts on this episode. It's one of my favorite episodes that have a cruel tone.

10/10
That fact that you rate this garbage higher than Rock Bottom,Sailor Mouth or Chocolate With Nuts is much more funnier and creative than everything from Ink Lemonade

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Eh, even if I don't understand other people's opinions, it's still just that. I know people who absolutely love my personal least favorite episode (The Thing), and I don't blame them. Some people just see different things out of different media, no matter how bad the reception is. I respect people who will give their opinion no matter how unpopular it is, doesn't matter what circumstance. I don't know if opinions can be refuted or not, that's still foggy for me, but I do know that no one should ever take away your thoughts (not saying anyone is doing that now), convincing you is a different story however. Where I draw the line is when people have an unpopular opinion, just for the sake of having an unpopular opinion. When people do that with no reasoning, they ignore their true feelings and discussion can't happen, because they don't have anything to discuss. Bottom line, think what you want on an opinion based matter, but be open to other people's thoughts, and also open to change your mind. That's why I don't really care if you like Ink Lemonade if you have some reasoning, and you're not joking, hey I won't put it passed you.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
great episode. it's very abrasive, unsettling, ambitious, visually odd, aggressive, and unconcerned with conforming to what makes people comfortable. in fact, it seems to want to make people uncomfortable. i love it.

Coffee_lover

Banished
Did I really give this episode a 2/10?It deserve a 0.5/10 at best.While I don’t think this is 1# worst,I’m will not coplein to anyone who think so

LadyElvis8

SpongeBob's wife
I watched every SB episode until the return of DoodleBob aired. After that, I could not keep watching the show any longer due to poor quality episodes. This Ink Lemonade episode sounds mighty strange, though.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Prime Jedi

Imitation Krab
Imo it's a pretty bad episode, but nowhere near the worst. At least this episode brought forth discussion, there are some episodes in Season 8 where I feel literally nothing about them;they're that boring. For example, while Choir Boys is absolute garbage and I would have trouble to find redeeming qualities about it, at least I felt something. I've watched Move It or Lose It probably 10-15 times since it aired and I still don't remember what happens, and some Season 6-8 (mainly 8) episodes are like that. Also, in regards to Season 11 in general, im not sure if I would say its bad from what I've watched, but imo Season 9B is miles better than it and Season 10.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
This is easily Kaz's worst SpongeBob episode. Thankfully, his episodes after this are much better. It's really a shame because there are a few scenes that are very well animated, no doubt thanks to Bob Jaques' work on this one. But I'm a little worried for Kelly Armstrong, storyboarder on this episode and Bob's wife. An episode like this, is not going to help her reputation with viewers.

ededdneddyfan2002

Imitation Krab
I know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this but i do enjoy this episode. The episodes absurdity really makes me not take it too seriously. The begining part was slow but once spongebob showed up the episode got good. Patrick's plan had to be the most elaborate i have seen on the show. The yelling didn't annoy me too much. The animation is really good especially spongebob and that lady's reaction to drinking the ink. The episode has details people are skipping over like the music that play's during spongebob's freak out scene sounds like the end sting that play's after the credit's in Ed,Edd n Eddy. I also love when Squidward starts squrting the entire line at the end the way he floats looks just like a actual squid swimming. I love details like that. I understand this might be too weird but i certainly did enjoy the episode for what it was.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
This episode is still absolutely atrocious and it manages to make my Bottom 5 but....my god that bandage scene is the most disgusting thing i've ever seen in SB (Yes, even more than any gross scene from S6).

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
I am surprised that only a few people liked this episode, I think it's terribly underrated and my favourite episode in all post-sequel era, there isn't any moment in this episode that I didn't laugh, everything is hilarious and creative, unlike in other episodes that I didn't laugh that much, I wanted to skip this episode after reading a lot of bad opinions of this episode but t finally decided to watch it for curiosity and it surprised me a lot!, it would be great for me to see more episodes like this in the future!

jack_of_all_traids said:
Honestly I have an interesting opinion with this episode. I think it's the worst of Season 11, but I don't think it's as bad as people say it is.
Please ignore this. This episode is atrocious. It's just as bad as everyone says it is. I'm not going to talk about this episode because everything everybody else has said about this episode applies to my opinion, but let it be known, it sucks. Hard.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Man Ray Returns (A)
8. Doodle Dimension (A)
9. Spin The Bottle (A)
10. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
11. Drive Happy (A)
12. Sanitation Insanity (B)
13. Stuck On The Roof (B)
14. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
15. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
16. Pat the Horse (B)
17. High Sea Diving (B)
18. My Leg! (B)
19. Spot Returns (B)
20. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
21. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
22. The Clam Whisperer (C)
23. No Pictures, Please (C)
24. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
25. Old Man Patrick (C)
26. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
27. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
28. The Check-Up (D)
29. Grandmum's the Word (D)
30. Bunny Hunt (D)
31. Ink Lemonade (F)

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
You know, not to burn the fire again, but the ONLY line that proves SpongeBob was aware of Patrick's scheme all along was the final line of the episode: "Mildred, you've met Squidward."
Well, we Russians got lucky with the translation. Here, SpongeBob simply says, "Mildred, meet Squidward."

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
3/10 not going to watch episode again i was like that when i watch it on TV-

Squidward's Ink :sbomg:
Mildred and her babies :soiled:
everything else :sbo_o:

if this episode will be on Spongebob Season 11 DVD, i will skip it

Back