210a. Life Insurance

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Joined
May 4, 2016
Messages
2,792
Likes
2,051
Location
New York
JalecoChicaTaitoSpongebob said:
I bet it's going to be about someone getting injured, and can't afford their insurance.
I thought it had a godly description of SpongeBob and Patrick using their life insurance thinking it will shield them from any harm.
 

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
4,255
Likes
5,016
Location
Washington
This felt a little lackluster, so apparently in this universe life insurance protects you from damage yet it also doesn't? The jokes start off good but they just kinda repeat them a ton to the point where it was predictable, and that whole ending with Squidward put me off the wrong way, I like how the structured the episode to where he's apprehensive at first but warms up to the idea over time, that's the type of plot Idiot Box and Snowball Effect used and it works well here, but that whole ending with him getting hurt by the Sushi Maker felt like a forced ending, IDK maybe I have to see this again but it just felt dull over all.

5/10
 

Smaher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
493
Likes
287
Location
I'm Right Behind You
Honest Slug said:
This felt a little lackluster, so apparently in this universe life insurance protects you from damage yet it also doesn't?
The episode, itself, said that it was a coincidence. But even then, I hope you're not seriously banking on logic in Spongebob, when it's meant to entertain. The joke was that a piece of paper actually protects your life.

And I don't see the ending as forced. If anything, it was foreshadowed, when the Sushi Maker was shown. Most people would think it's blatantly obvious that Squidward would end up in it.
 

Season 4-11

Balloon
Joined
Nov 20, 2015
Messages
1,226
Likes
453
Location
Utah
I liked this episode. The sushi maker was a good name. The ending was solid. But there's nothing else I can really say. It's a good episode. 8.6/10
 

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Messages
5,877
Likes
4,712
Location
In a vat full of eggplants
I thought that this episode was fairly good, but it does have its share of flaws. The jokes were good at first but the kinda fell flat as the episode went on, due to a lot of repeating gags. The ending was pretty funny with the Sushi Maker, and I liked the foreshadowing, so it's not too forced in my opinion. Overall, a good episode, but its flaws with the gags keep it from being one of the better season 10 episodes. I actually do not have a whole lot to say here. 7.5/10
 

pgh214

Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2016
Messages
96
Likes
30
Location
USA
Huge fan of this episode! We got an original idea finally! I genuinely laughed too, man. 9/10
 

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
4,995
Likes
5,454
Location
Hyrule
This episode was very funny! This is the ultimate definition of slapstick humor! XD I laughed pretty much everything from start to finish. It was nice seeing Squidward having "too much fun", which we haven't seen for quite some time now, and his run through the "Sushi Maker" (creative name) was the highlight! I also loved the sea spider running gag. :lol: I really love all this visual humor going on with the show and hope it continues along with the funny dialogue. :lol: 8.5/10
 

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
4,255
Likes
5,016
Location
Washington
Smaher said:
The episode, itself, said that it was a coincidence. But even then, I hope you're not seriously banking on logic in Spongebob, when it's meant to entertain. The joke was that a piece of paper actually protects your life.

And I don't see the ending as forced. If anything, it was foreshadowed, when the Sushi Maker was shown. Most people would think it's blatantly obvious that Squidward would end up in it.
Upon rewatch I feel I was a bit too harsh with this episode but the point remains that I thought they should've varied up the gags a bit.
 

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Joined
Aug 16, 2015
Messages
4,140
Likes
3,062
Location
Itchy and Scratchy Land
"SEA SPIDER!"
This episode, for me, felt like a "take that!" to all those "Squid Abuse" moments with Squidward getting unharmed by everything. The scenario was very original, and I liked the jokes. Especially the running gag with SpongeBob and Patrick whacking Squid's hairpiece. The obstacle course was also a good addition to the episode. Nice foreshadowing they did there.
9/10
 

RomNick

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
1,063
Likes
599
The Appetizer said:
"SEA SPIDER!"
This episode, for me, felt like a "take that!" to all those "Squid Abuse" moments with Squidward getting unharmed by everything. The scenario was very original, and I liked the jokes. Especially the running gag with SpongeBob and Patrick whacking Squid's hairpiece. The obstacle course was also a good addition to the episode. Nice foreshadowing they did there.
9/10
By the way, that techno music on Krabs' radio in sister episode might as well be original.
 

Growlie

This monster business isn't my thing.
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
3,287
Likes
1,141
Location
Growlie's Den
This is how I imagined Squidward acting if he were to become some ultra powerful being.

I've recorded this ahead of time so I fast-forward through the Sushi Maker, I couldn't watch it.

I'd like to see Squidward like this again just, leave out that Sushi Maker please. If I watch this again, I'm changing the channel immediately when it gets to that part of the episode.
 
Top