204b. The Whole Tooth

MrTortellini00

lame funny
JingleCup said:
Another great episode in season 10. The gags were hilarious, the animation was on point, and the story felt pretty relatable. 9/10
This wasn't season 10 yet. Last episode of season 9.

I was worried at first but I think they pulled it off well with this one. An ep about Patrick not wanting to lose his baby tooth. Sounds dumb and it is dumb but it didn't look as dumb here. Gags and imagination of the ep was cartoony without forcing it. I liked gags of music sounds, patrick trying to calm down teeth and the best joke of all "ferry/fairy" gag. I was totally expecting them to add actual tooth fairy during Squidward catching SpongeBob taking Pat's baby tooth but holy crap, such a clever twist for the show standarts. Also Squidward's teeth leaving him was funny too. This was a nice way to be such a cartoonish episode. Not my fav of s9b but it was still so good.

Grade: B+

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
CartoonJazzLover said:
It was a good episode. I like how they made an episode about Patrick's tooth problem considering that they like to draw him with one tooth. Some moments that were amusing were Patrick hiding as a toy, Squidward's jaw drop, the ending, and a few more. The animation and drawings are as expressive as ever (Kudos Alan Smart and John Trabbic). This is also Kyle McCulloch's last episode for the show (in production order, anyway, since Factory Fresh had yet to air), so he ended his work at the show on a good note. The ending was nice to see, because Squidward deserves it for taunting Patrick in this episode. 8/10
Alan Smart DOES NOT ANIMATE THE EPISODES, nor does he draw any of the faces! All the animation DIRECTOR does is basically time the animatic, that's all.
also I think I've figured out what's broken about the episode
first off, they randomly switched from talking about Tooth Island to abruptly talking about the Tooth Fairy, just so Squidward could butt into the episode, and they only mention Tooth Island maybe 1 time after they switch
also the chase scene was so unnecessary and it feels like it could be part of any episode, plus the joke with the worms is also really confusing because they were depicted as large when nothing else was exaggerated, so I don't know from what perspective they were going for with that, maybe it was a miscommunication between writer to storyboarder or something
Like, they could have just had the old lady walk up to them in the Krusty Krab and NOTHING WOULD HAVE CHANGED ABOUT THAT WHOLE PART
but yeah it's weird how this is the first ep in a while that I actually felt confused about, and didn't find everything working
maybe I just don't care about "OOC-ness" or "character derailment" as much as it triggers everyone who ever watches this show or any cartoon, I'm mainly there to see if the story, writing, and humor works, and if it works as a GOOFY ANIMATED SERIES. I'll notice when something is apparent in how off it is.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The idea that "There is no old or new SpongeBob" seems like an excuse to have your favorite show not get criticized because you can't handle it.

Anyways I still haven't seen this episode even though it's been recorded on my DVR for a couple of days.

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was really entertaining. I liked the gags and there were lots of funny faces. I give it a 8.5/10.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Honestly I thought it'd be disappointing like Two Thumbs Down, but the gags were done well, the pacing flowed nicely, and Squidward was incorporated in a hilarious, not overly zany way, which hasn't been shown too much of for the latter half of season 9. Even if he knew they meant the other "fairy", he still woulda disagreed regardless. :P
8.5/10, good, but not my favorite by comparison.

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I thought it was a fairly good episode. And Patrick is adorable when he's scared :D I also didn't expect the little "twist" at the end with fairy actually being ferry :p

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
RomNick said:
There is no OLD SpongeBob, nor there is NEW SpongeBob. Try to understand that once and forever.

If they LITERALLY announced the REAL title of the composition playing on the radio, then they would have to pay for this one even more. They don't mention names of the background tracks within the episodes. And you made a typo, the word goes like "ominous".
well of course there is. The show is very different than it was in the past. Therefore, it is often separated into old and new eras.

Cha

I love SBM
Treating the tooth as a baby actually kept my attention later on in the episode even if the whole scared of the dentist cliché has been overused for the most part. I'm glad SpongeBob knew the tooth fairy wasn't real but still told Patrick it was, kind of a level of maturity over Patrick. Oh wait- it's a Tooth Ferry... that's actually a pretty good joke that didn't see it coming. Good ep, I liked the aspect of making the teeth real because it felt really 20's/30's cartoony and I love that ending with Squidward's nasally sounding teeth swimming off to the ferry.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
Noah Spongy said:
Alan Smart DOES NOT ANIMATE THE EPISODES, nor does he draw any of the faces! All the animation DIRECTOR does is basically time the animatic, that's all.

also I think I've figured out what's broken about the episode
first off, they randomly switched from talking about Tooth Island to abruptly talking about the Tooth Fairy, just so Squidward could butt into the episode, and they only mention Tooth Island maybe 1 time after they switch
also the chase scene was so unnecessary and it feels like it could be part of any episode, plus the joke with the worms is also really confusing because they were depicted as large when nothing else was exaggerated, so I don't know from what perspective they were going for with that, maybe it was a miscommunication between writer to storyboarder or something
Like, they could have just had the old lady walk up to them in the Krusty Krab and NOTHING WOULD HAVE CHANGED ABOUT THAT WHOLE PART
but yeah it's weird how this is the first ep in a while that I actually felt confused about, and didn't find everything working
maybe I just don't care about "OOC-ness" or "character derailment" as much as it triggers everyone who ever watches this show or any cartoon, I'm mainly there to see if the story, writing, and humor works, and if it works as a GOOFY ANIMATED SERIES. I'll notice when something is apparent in how off it is.
Animation Director and Timer are two different things, but I guess that Alan Smart is both, and Director usually means they direct all the animation, get the key poses, animation and color keys right with the backgrounds and make sure it's all synced, but I guess you could say 'Animation Timer'

This episode was a 8.5/10, I loved that they used Hawaiian Train twice, and the episodes storyboards and story cuts right tot he chase at the beginning, instead of dragging along until about half way through the episode where the plot goes into action. Squidward was also mean in this episode, but he did get the comeuppance for both things he did, which I liked, like how the old episodes did, and he was a big jerk to SpongeBob in this episode trying to prove the Tooth Fairy wasn't real, boy he was proved wrong when SpongeBob showed them the Tooth Ferry, hope once Season 11 starts airing we get more episodes from Kyle McCulloch!

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Super late here but I really liked this episode. Excellent characterizations for SpongeBob and Patrick, a cute story, and great jokes. This episode also gave Squidward proper comeuppance which is nice since he really deserved it here.

8.5/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
TheJasbre202 said:
hope once Season 11 starts airing we get more episodes from Kyle McCulloch!
I actually think this was his last episode on the show, and he won't return for seasons 10 and 11.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It aired today, January 2, along with ''Mutiny on the Krusty'' here in Greece and it marks the first new SB episode to air here in Greece for 2017 and they did GREAT....Both parings were AMAZING...And they ended the season PERFECTLY...Even though I preferred Mutiny on the Krusty, it's sister episode (this) did great too!!! My favourite scene was the doctor's office scene, with Patrick being scared for nothing..Also, the doctor's name was funny...The twist was something I would never guess, so that's pretty smart too!! Here in Greece, the twist was that ''The ferry named ''Fairy'' because we have a different word for ''ferry'' which doesn't sound like ''fairy'' at all...It was unexpected for us here too because here in Greece boats and ferries are usually named..I also liked the scene with the lady's worms...So funny...The ending was hilarious...poor Squidward.. :P I liked how he opened the lights and he stayed up all night just to laugh with Patrick's struggle :P Overall, a 9/10 :)

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
RomNick said:
I actually think this was his last episode on the show, and he won't return for seasons 10 and 11.
He wrote the third movie, so I know he'll come back either Season 11 or 12.

Back