200. Goodbye, Krabby Patty?

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
President Squidward said:
I watched some of it, saw butt jokes and Squidward getting mad af, turned it off. Ain't nobody got time for that.

true
Nice old meme

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Sure, it was a bit too similar to Selling Out in plot, but the gags that they had were pretty solid, and yes, I liked the butt jokes. There wasn't a whole lot of gags, but I'm fine with that. A good story is all I really need, and they did a fairly good job in making a well-thought out story. Somehow, I liked the hidden message conbeyed in this episode about frozen foods at restaurants, which is one reason why I don't go to fast food restaurants that much anymore, even though I like fast food for the most part. (well, except for Five Guys and a few local FF restaurants). There wasn't anything that was really that special for a 22 minute episode, but I say that it's not too shabby. At least it's better than SpongeBob, You're Fired when it comes to season 9 specials, even though I thought that SB, YF is mediocre in my humble opinion. This gets an 8/10.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
That was a good way to end season 9. It was definitely a rating trap and it even trended on Twitter for that reason. More on my thoughts later as I post the review on DeviantART

KrustyKrab

Part Computer or Something
I feel like I'm going an unpopular opinion here. I agree with anyone who said this felt like a rehash of Selling Out. Krabby Patties being processed like that was done way back in that episode, and maybe slightly better. While I'll admit SpongeBob and Patrick being separated was kinda emotional, that's not really the kind of thing I expect from a show like this. Only a few of the jokes hit home for me. Squidward calling out the animatronic him for being out of character was pretty funny, as well as his rant about being fired. I also liked Plankton's brief scene, and I'm surprised this didn't turn into a Plankton-stealing-the-formula type of episode. Finally, wouldn't the reveal that the frozen Krabby Patties were made with sand have worked better as the ending?

Overall, an okay episode, it just could've been funnier.

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
It was pretty good. I enjoyed Patrick actually understanding what was going on in the episode. Their friendship played in the episode was very well. Yes, I saw the "Selling Out" plot here. Plus, Squidward actually protesting being fired is very surprising to me. I felt the "DuckTales" reference when Mr. Krabs jumped in all of his gold. Jon Hamm's guest performance was wonderdul. My rating would be a 9.1/10.

Anyone notice the fish getting burned in the factory?

Growlie

Best Boy
It was pretty good. I enjoyed Patrick actually understanding what was going on in the episode. Their friendship played in the episode was very well. Yes, I saw the "Selling Out" plot here. Plus, Squidward actually protesting being fired is very surprising to me. I felt the "DuckTales" reference when Mr. Krabs jumped in all of his gold. Jon Hamm's guest performance was wonderdul. My rating would be a 9.1/10.
That rant from Squidward was the best part, for me.

Yes I did notice the fish in the background getting burnt.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
So good, Best of S9 A & B, the best special, probably in my top 5, 10000000/10000000

kingseye423 said:
Yes, I payed more attention to that than what Don was saying.

kingseye423 said:

Yeah, I saw it.

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List

And frozen! ;)

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
I'm gonna start with my SpongeBob reviews with the 10th season airing.
Written by Kyle McCulloch
Storyboard by Fred Osmond
Animated Directors: Alan Smart and Tom Yasumi
Pros:
+I hadn't ate rocky road ice cream in forever. I like this scene.
+Did you get that Pearly-Girl? Yes but stop babying me That's pretty how much my stepdad and his daughter treat me
? Social networking? I bet there's gonna be some complaints over the fact they made a social media reference
? SpongeBob had been rejected in all of this frozen patties situation that they got Patrick instead
+ One of the side effects of frozen patties is that the people's butts grow big
++ I except Squidward to be happy about getting fired but his reaction was hilarious
+ I love that everyone in "Factory Fresh" is calling SpongeBob yellow box
++ Squidward couldn't be successful without having a job at the Krusty Krab. For 17 years?! That's very meta right there
? And then Plankton makes an appearance. I wonder how he didn't knew about this right away
++ Another meta reference but 400th commercial might be referring to the fact that it almost has 400 segments altogether
Neutral:
+/- SpongeBob gets fired for the second time in season 9, this time because the Krusty Krab is a Factory now
+/- Frozen Krabby Patty are made of sand? This is like what happened with Krabby O'Mondays in Selling Out back in season 4
Cons:
-Yep, it's indeed called Goodby Krabby Patty? Still prefer Factory Fresh :/ Title is gonna make people panic over it
- I told you guys that Status quo took effect. You could have saw it coming
So that was an episode. I was having doubt on how it was handling. Despite the predictable resolution, it was better than I excepted. But the most important part is season 9 is FINALLY OVER. Well, I just have some other thoughts. Jon Hamm did a great job voicing the Mad Men parody character and he's a good character. The meta jokes were pretty clever. I should recommend the episode. It is slightly better than It Came from Goo Lagoon and it's definitely better than SpongeBob, You're Fired! Of course, that being a ratings trap, I can see why some people didn't enjoyed the episode. 8/10

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
Because it aired on a network that greenlit Breadwinners and had a butt shaking scene in an episode of The Loud House.

It's really because the show is drawn and written by cartoonist, and most of us still find butts and their associated jokes, occasionally fun, and funny.
I mean look at them. They're pretty silly things, yet they can fill us with appreciation of a form, or in a moment can turn and completely embarrass us.
They're a little like wild unpredictable ponies.
And that ends my silly rant for today.
Thanks for watching everyone.

ExtraAbsorbent

Moby Dollar
Team Azula said:
Wait, did that really happen?
sjx2aXE.jpg

Back