200. Goodbye, Krabby Patty?

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It was A REALLY GOOD episode! My favorite scenes were SpongeBob and Patrick inside of a conjoined pants in the supermarket inside the freezer and Mr.Krabs don't even noticing it, then I liked SpongeBob becoming an assistant on the museum and Squidward insisting to do something because he needs more than 17 years as a cachier in order to become what he wants, I also loved Squidward pretending to be a robot in the ending.. The only part I really didn't want to see is people vomiting, not needed at all but didn't ruin the episode. 8/10 :)

EDIT : Now, that I rethink of it, another really nice fact from that episode was how they showed us friendships should be...Patrick and SpongeBob are the examples of what BEST friends should really be like...I liked how they felt when they were seperated and how Patrick listened to his best friend in the ending and revealed the secret formula of the Krabby Patties.

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
I think it really depends what you look for in a Spongebob episode when it comes to judging this one. In terms of characterization and cohesive story telling, this was pretty great. It used all of its runtime well, set up what was to come later (Hagan Dup ice cream) and built very naturally. In terms of comedy, it certainly lacked in numbers, but I think the jokes peppered throughout were all clever. Squidward saying the robot was out of character was great. The old man being replaced by the baby was a nice touch. I'd definitely say this was a worthwhile episode, as I never felt bored or frustrated watching it, and that's all I can ask for really.

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
Pretty decent episode. Light on comedy, but the story felt strong enough that it makes up for the small number of jokes. Love the music choices in the epiosde, "Fun at the Seaside" returned, last being used in Musclebob Buffpants, and hearing "Unease", "House of Horror", and "Earl's Revenge" is always nice.

8/10

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
Anyone else think of five nights at Freddy's when they saw the animatronics?
Screenshot_2017-02-24-00-08-03-1.png
received_10210214787938823-1.png

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Goodbye, Krabby Patty?

This episode was pretty good. The plot was nice. The ending was neat. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Ok real talk here. This episode is around a 6-7/10 for me.

Pros:
I liked the fast food meta humor
The story while not a masterpiece is good

Cons:
Smartphone joke xd
Deviantart (You know...)

I'll work on more after

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
This episode really demonstrates how close SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship is - it was so cute when they said 'goodbye' to each other, because they just can't stand being seperated!
As for the rest of it (writing, animation & character development), it's all improved by a ton. I hated Don Grouper for a good reason (Krabby Patties made of sand - who'd want to eat those?!) and that meant I was more determined to see what happened to him at the end. I hope he learnt his lesson! Squidward and all the fish that were working with Patrick on all the commercials and stuff really entertained me: the fish mostly because they never bothered to learn SpongeBob's name and so just kept calling him 'yellow box' (y'know, like 'cereal box!!') and Squiddy just completely owned that animatronic model of himself - and it was really funny when he pushed it out of the boat and attempted to impersonate it ('I hate everyone.') He is genius!
Most of the jokes made me laugh, which was a pleasant surprise. But one thing leaves me perplexed - there were certain scenes that I've seen in clips (such as the Frozen Krabby Patty song) that didn't make the final cut because then the episode would be too long. I honestly thought that song was gonna be SOMEWHERE in the episode, though! Nevertheless, it's a lot of fun to watch (particularly because of SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, Squidward and Patrick collaborating with some good humor and story-telling) and I think you should give it a try if you haven't already. It deserves at least 8.5/10, and not higher because we all knew the ending was gonna be predictable. Not disappointed!

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
Some people thought of this episode as kind of disappointing, but I sure didn't. I personally loved this episode, and didn't find it a rip off of Selling Out as besides the fact that Krabby Patty's are manufactured with "filler" as to put it, the plots aren't really the same. This one focuses more on Spongebob & Patrick's friendship along with the growing popularity of the frozen Krabby Patties. The plot was strong and this episode has some good jokes. Not as much as usual, but as I mentioned, the strong plot drove the episode for the most part. I did quite enjoy Don Grouper and his team, as they seemed like generally unique characters that added a lot to the episode. As far as the Krusty Museum goes, I liked it. I thought it was a unique was to continue the episode and found Squidward's firing comedy. Another thing I liked about this episode was Plankton's cameo; it wasn't forced like cameos sometimes are, and it was cool to see Plankton's reaction to the Krusty Museum, along with his thoughts on his appearance in it. My favorite part of the episode was probably the end though. Squidward's not towards the shows 17 year span of the show when he says , "Turns out dreams require more experience than 17 years behind a cash register," was awesome. I think Squidward coming back actually made sensem and it was interesting to see him encouraging Spongebob to bring the Krusty Krab back. I absolutely adored how Spongebob saved his friendship, the fate of the Krusty Krab, and found it in his heart to forgive Mr. Krabs and let him be his boss again.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
It's okay, the jokes were lacking and the plot was way too predictable. But SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship was kinda cute and there were some funny moments.

6/10

TheWolverine

Banished
Doowop said:
That was just Selling Out but with butt jokes and social media references :patboo:
What's wrong with butt jokes and social media? The Loud House used so much social media references I mean like a lot, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Amazing World of Gumball etc., So why don't you boo at those cartoons? SpongeBob hardly gets any social media references anyways so it deserves it :sbdance:

Team Azula said:
K. I'm confused on why, cause, I didn't get to watch it
If you didn't watch it then why are you here?

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
TheWolverine said:
What's wrong with butt jokes and social media? The Loud House used so much social media references I mean like a lot, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Amazing World of Gumball etc., So why don't you boo at those cartoons? SpongeBob hardly gets any social media references anyways so it deserves it :sbdance:
Some people are uncomfortable with how butt jokes are done, you don't see anyone complaining when you see Patrick's butt with a flagpole in it during the movie because it was done in a humorous way and was executed well, and social media can be seen as pandering to a younger audience and looks desperate at times, ie the Fairly Odd Parents duck lip selfie. I do agree that the one in here wasn't really that bad, but oh heavens almighty when nick.com uploaded those "instaclam" videos and whatever else it was. ._.

i wish that with this episode that nickelodeon had did a 200 episode marathon just like fxx did a 600 simpsons episode marathon,nickelodeon could have pulled it off but did it on the weekends only. i'm surprised that nickelodeon did do a 200 spongebob episode marathon i wish that they did though.

More

VIP
Sorry I'm so late to the party in talking about this episode. I wish I could make a more in-depth review, as this episode just has so much to talk about than what I'll bring up here.

Da Good:

-This was one of the best examples of SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship I've seen in a long time. While the episode is familiar in that they begin to separate as one of them becomes famous, and at their worst moments reconcile, it's well-timed into the story through a combination of showing their best experiences in the beginning, how later events harken back to those good times they now miss (such as Patrick now having a freezer full of a Hagen-Däas Ice Cream parody), the mix of both full-length scenes and montages showing how they've separated, and the very satifsying climactic drop where Patrick reveals the big twist of the episode. When so much of SpongeBob and Patrick's relationship has been one-sided in past seasons, it's great that we get to see both of their perspectives and emotions.

-You know what's also great? The deeper, topical themes that the episode regularly parodied. Frozen Foods are just about everywhere nowadays, and this episode checked off all the boxes of the problems with that system. The regular use of toxic ingredients for filler, the large factories to make it, the 400 commercials that are aired so that people will buy it, the side effects of major weight gain and lethargy, the fact that people are allowing corporations to make billions simply because Frozen Patties are more "Convinient". It even got so bad that SpongeBob barely acknowledged Plankton stealing the formula, which shows the situation got really bad.

-As always, the animation is top-notch, but here it went even further than ever. The episode has new designs everywhere for visual humor, from the TV sets, to factories, to Patrick's new mansion, to the animatronic robots the Krusty Krab now uses as a museum--there are so many new locations than ever, and the emotions the characters show from their expressions is appropriately comical.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jon-Hamm-Don-Grouper-Guest-Star-Character-SpongeBob-SquarePants-Special-Goodbye-Krabby-Patty-Factory-Fresh-200th-Episode-Sneak-Peek-Nickelodeon-Nick-Press-Art.jpg

sb-200-16x9.jpg

-Jon Hamm was just about a perfect fit for Don Grouper to fit the role of a charming advertising executive. His character's confident, knows how to deceive to make money, and was overall a joy to watch.

-Squidward making a giant resignation speech to follow his dreams, only to realize he can't qualify when he's worked 17(!) years as a cashier was the funniest joke in the entire episode, no questions asked.

-The pacing is surprisingly good for a SpongeBob special, it follows the standard rise and fall of conflict while still being unpredictable. The combined use of visual humor, montages, and character-driven scenes really help to show how much time has passed and how much has changed in a mere 22 minutes. It's really impressive when so many specials have been filled with sand filler prior to this. With Seasons 8 and 9 having consistently well-paced specials, I think this was a weak spot that the show staff just improved so significantly on.

Da Bad:

-The "Yellow Box" gag was mediocre. No idea why they made it into a running joke.

-It's already been harped upon that this is a rehash of "Selling Out", and while I can't disagree, I do find this went into a different enough direction to stand out--mostly because this is SpongeBob and Patrick's story more than Mr. Krab's looking back at his business. Given it's interwoven into other subplots, with commentary far more potent than "Selling Out" was, it's excusable.

-Despite some chuckles, the humor's really light. Not many jokes stood out in a way to take them out of context, and most of the better gags were used later as foreshadowing for the story (Patrick's commercials, the patties being made of filler, the "Fancy" Ice cream). Not bad, but it could be more memorable.

-The baby being stereotyped as the "lol social networking is stupid" slogan is stupid and didn't need to be here.

Everything Else:

Not related to the show, but seriously, how bad was the scheduling for Season 9? The fact that this episode, even with genuinely good advertising, couldn't manage to get half the total viewership as the last special, "SpongeBob You're Fired", is either a sign that people are losing interest in the show at the wrong time, or that Nickelodeon really needs to step its game up to make us know these episodes exist. It's sad that such good episodes aren't getting the attention they deserve

Overall, it's one of the show's better specials. It does a great job at mixing both a classic, heartwarming look into the strength of SpongeBob and Patrick's relationship, alongside an excellently paced rise and fall of corporate power with the plot of the Frozen Krabby Patties, due to both having the similar themes of making changes that may seem successful and happy with devastating side effects. The themes of food corporations tricking the public by putting filler in food, advertising it like crazy, and causing an obesity epidemic while making obscene amounts of money is, much like "Bulletin Board", extremely topical to society. And... while the episode wasn't that funny, it did a great job at playing with new backgrounds and animation styles, and still has some great gags emphasizing the situation. The flaws are also very minor and excusable, and overall I think that this was a great episode that gets better upon rewatch.

Grade: "A-" (Top 20 for the Season as a whole, and there are definitely better specials than this)

This is one of the better season 9 episodes, in my view. One complaint I have is that there aren't many jokes in the episode. However, the plot is good enough that I like the episode still. The only truly negative part of this episode is the unnecessary and stupid smartphone joke. I still really enjoy the episode, however. 9/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (S9-E200)

I LOVE THIS EPISODE VERY MUCH!!! The Friendship between SpongeBob and Patrick is cute, sweet and adorable. When SpongeBob suggest Mr. Krabs to make Instant, Frozen Krabby Patties, Don Grouper gave the factory to Mr. Krabs called The Krusty Factory, where the Frozen Krabby Patties are manufactured. Patrick was the new endorser of the said product, and because of Mr. Krabs's success, their friendship split into half. I don't like the executives calling SB "yellow box" (What is he, a DHL box?) and splitting away their friendship. :sbbye2:

When SpongeBob tastes and reveals that Frozen Krabby Patties are made of sand, he tells Patrick that Frozen Krabby Patties are sand-made. :patgross: When SpongeBob tells Patrick about sand-made Frozen Krabby Patties, everybody barfs the sand out. Not bad. Unlike Family Guy and American Dad, the barfing looks realistically gross. Looks like everybody's ::dolphin noise:: don't look big as Buhdeuce's (from Breadwinners) anymore due to the sand. Because of that, production of The Krusty Factory was shut down. Looks like Mr. Krabs learned his lesson from being greedy and cheap. The Original Krabby Patties are back and SB and Pat's friendship became normal again. :sbyes: :whoo:
This episode is PERFECT!!! This episode is 5-star. This special is the best in season 9, unlike SpongeBob, you're Fired (I ::dolphin noise:: hate this one.) Well that's the last episode of season 9! YAY!

Final Score = 10/10 :whoo: :1st:

IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
I love how this whole episode was a big reference to the greed of the owners of the most popular fast food industries in the United States such as: McDonald's, Burger King, etc.

And YES! Aside from McDonald's™, Burger King™ is one of my most favorite burger restaurants, along with Wendy's™. The burgers there are grilled in flames. VERY JUICY!!!

Grandpappy

Moby Dollar
I finally watched this special, I was surprised it’s a part of season 9. One of my favorite episodes of the last few years, I loved the plot line.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Well seeing as this is my 400th post, I think this episode would be very fitting. First, I am going to say that this episode's plot is like a combination of Selling Out, The Krusty Sponge, Greasy Bafoons, and to a certain extent, No Hat for Pat. It goes in a different direction with it, though, that I do have to appreciate. It all makes sense for Krabs to want to do this, as it makes him a lot of money, and that's his biggest interest. With that amount of cash, I am willing to bet almost anyone would sell other people out, it was a ton. I also like how they make it not just the Krusty Krab, but also Patrick and SpongeBob's friendship, it's really cool to have these two conflicts going on side by side. I like the exec as well, he's just like a typical optimist for money and manipulation, and it's really funny.

It kind of makes sense for them to go with Patrick, I like how it really ties in with each other. It makes it so this episode's plot can fill out the run-time. It keeps a nice tone to it, though I do think it could have been better. I think the inflatable butts thing is kinda stupid. It happens too much for me to laugh at it, and it doesn't really do THAT much for the plot, there's other reasons to hate these patties. I will say that the episode did feel a little bit like Selling Out and No Hat for Pat, but it wasn't a complete rip-off, and again, I really appreciate how they went with two conflicts.

Patrick is also not a jerk in this. I like it a lot, because he could've been a huge snob, but he actually really wants to be with SpongeBob, when I first heard about this, I thought for sure that's how he would act, but I was decently surprised. His conflict is kind of predictable, as in, we kind of know what's going to happen at the ceremony, of course he's gonna snap at the commercial, duh, but at that point it has a decent feel to it, so I find myself not as mad about it's predictability. Mr. Krabs seems like a decent guy in here, he's not too bad, but he's also not like my favorite greedy Mr. Krabs like in One Krab's Trash, he's neutral for me.

As for comedy, I think this special, was a little bit light. I know specials aren't supposed to be THE funniest, but I would have liked just a couple more. Squidward is pretty funny in this, I kind of wish we could've seen him more, but that could interrupt the flow of the plot, so maybe a just bit more while we're at the Krusty Krab. It was a tee bit all over the place where SpongeBob was at, but I don't think it needed to have a direction that bad. I also like the different places we get to see here. The Krusty Krab gets remodeled kind of, and Patrick's rock is a really cool place. It kind of reminds me of F.U.N. where SpongeBob wants to hang out with Patrick for little fun, while Patrick has way more to do. Ether way, I do like how it works out.

Overall, this special was nice. I liked it quite a bit. In the same season that brought us SpongeBob You're Fired, I am happy that there was a good special from 9b, it's not great, like I said, but it does have enough.

I thought that this episode was GOOD: 7.0/10

Back