193a. Sanctuary!

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
SANCTUARRYYYYY!!!!
SANCTUARRRYYYY!!!
GET INNNNN
This is probably the most messed up episode of SpongeBob, but it's also another amazing episode. I loved the pacing, that sort of "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT" reaction when I saw that realistic head on the snail, and a lot of good jokes throughout. 10/10 from me.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
MrTortellini00 said:
The episode hasn't even come out and yet someone is already rating it :bullshrimp:
That might have been me, sorry. It said I rated it "1" so I must have accidentally rated when I was setting up the thread. I'm not sure how to remove it completely so I've changed it to "5" for now.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
This episode was good, but I expected a bit more
The story was interesting and the jokes they say were pretty funny, but it went pretty fast for me to enjoy it more Also, it was creepy but didn't creep me out. 7.5/10

For now, between the post-sequel episodes this episode is ranked 6th out of the 8 episodes
I'm not going to say I'm disappointed because I thought the beginning of the episode that I saw from the sketch to screen video was great, the word "disappointment" is banned from my opinions vocabulary

Edit: After watching it a second time, it's better than I remembered. 8/10
What's the big deal with the live-action head anyway? <_<
Now I like it better than The Executive Treatment

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
It was good, and only good. Not an amazing episode, but I liked how different everything was and SpongeBob was great in this episode.

7/10

Land Sponge

Moby Dollar
This was a meh episode, it didn't have too many jokes but it's definitely not boring.

By the way, this is a weird episode. It reminded me another weird episode; Ghost Host. :sbscary:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Well, this was an interesting episode. I thought this episode was going to be another one those episodes about SpongeBob trying to say "no", but boy was I wrong! This episode went from adorable to undeniably creepy. It felt a bit like "Sentimental Sponge" in way. Some parts of the seemed a bit out of place, such as the sudden transition to a "Hunchback of Notre Dame"-esque plot, as well as Squidward having an allergic reaction to snails, which made me a bit shaky (I'll let lack of continuity slide, since this is SpongeBob and all). This episode is far from bad though. It had its funny moments, too. I'm rating it a 7.5/10. It was so creepy it was good.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I liked it a lot. Somehow the episode was both really cute and really creepy. There were a lot of funny moments like Patrick as a snail and SpongeBob acting like a creepy cat lady. So yeah, I enjoyed it the whole way through. I can't really say I thought anything was really bad about it.

Giant Clam
I am wondering how this episode only has a 6.3/10 reading these comments. My thoughts pretty much line up with lots of people on this thread. It was good, but nothing overly fantastic, 7/10.

Squidward's allergies joke was a little excessive, but at least he didn't turn into the abomination from Fungus Among Us. Also, there was quite a bit of pre-movie music in this episode which is always a nice touch. There weren't THAT many jokes though, so yeah 7/10.

Kaiju

I love SBM
This was a great episode, the creepiness was real in it.

SANCTUARY
SANCTUARY
EVERYBODY GETS IN

Solid 10/10

(also is this the last episode airing in 2015?)

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
"Don't Forget To Get Your Pet Spayed or Neutered"- Bob Baker 2015: SpongeBob episode 193a S9:E15a

It was a decent episode, but Squidward's allergy was almost cringe worthy when he blew up, plus there was some Squidward torture moments and a slightly cruel Krabs. 7.5/10

MrTortellini00

lame funny
777 said:
I am wondering how this episode only has a 6.3/10 reading these comments. My thoughts pretty much line up with lots of people on this thread. It was good, but nothing overly fantastic, 7/10.

Squidward's allergies joke was a little excessive, but at least he didn't turn into the abomination from Fungus Among Us. Also, there was quite a bit of pre-movie music in this episode which is always a nice touch. There weren't THAT many jokes though, so yeah 7/10.
That's not all. Every single post-sequel episode rating has gone downhill considerably for an unknown reason

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
I really liked this episode. I was actually laughing throughout the whole thing last night, which I don't usually do. I mean, I've been liking all of the new episodes, but it really has to have something I find funny for me to laugh.

Favorite parts:

"He said, "No, thank you, please."? What does that even mean?!"

"Well, do something about it! That's why I pay taxes!"

Eye-popping South Sea hula gal.

The customer who actually liked Squidward sneezing on the food.

All of the names Spongebob gave them, especially "One that keeps barfing on the floor".

Patrick's sheer horror and panic once he got into Spongebob's house and saw what the situation had become, and then trying to escape.

Donny.

Spongebob realizing that Patrick was one of the snails at the end, and then running after the truck yelling that he'll adopt Patrick to get him back. I found that funny and sweet.

The baby snails were cute.

The live-action arm.

poplove

Floating Shopping List
I loved this episode. It was really neat and different. And I loved that it got really strange and weird.There were so many things I really enjoyed about this episode.

The music selection. The running gag with Squidwards allergy and him puffing up I thought was really entertaining. And I liked that we got a small cameo from that real estate lady from "Opposite Day", who was standing in the Krusty Krab. And also seeing Spongebob acting crazy and trying to fit all of those snails in his house was really funny to me.

I think this episode is much better than a 6.6 rating in my opinion. It was a 10/10 for me.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
SpongeyKid said:
It was good, and only good. Not an amazing episode, but I liked how different everything was and SpongeBob was great in this episode.

7/10
I agree in whole to your point. Plus, I can relate because my mom(who is NOT cat-crazy at all) adopted a total of 5 strays (Tori, Mindy, Ethan and Muffin were dark gray and Garfield was light orange-skin colored) at a barn near the local farm grocer - 2 that were the same breed had 2 babies a few months ago (Monty (I named him after Mr. Burns) and Mindy again). We still have them. I think I may have allergies to them, and sometimes the allergies get kind of bad, relating to Squidward's dilema. This may be the most relevant episode to my life.

8.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Sanctuary!

This episode was pretty good. The plot was nice. The ending was heartwarming. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Pretty good. It went from cute to creepy really quickly, but I like that! My favourite part has to be when Mr. Krabs thought SpongeBob was a woman and tried flirting

Back