187a. Don't Look Now

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This one was okay. The beginning is slow and has very little laughs. The plot latter on is interesting though so it's decent. I just wish they went a little bit further, added more jokes, and made the beginning shorter. I love "Now that we're men" returning too. 7/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I remember watching this in June 2013 ? How can it's airdate be October 14? Anyways, in Greece (I am Greek I saw it in June 2013 I remember it because we had exams :P )

Anyways, I love this episode, the end wasn't abusive because Squidward DESERVED it , so from me an 8.5/10

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
Really liked the concept of this episode. Some of the jokes fell flat (though Slasher McGee landed, hard) but I still thought there was enough there to drive an enjoyable eleven minutes

I'll give this episode a pass for having the "Die in mine" joke and a few other funny jokes, but overall, this episode kinda bored me. Wasn't too impressed with it.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Evil Spatula (A)
3. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
4. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
5. Bumper to Bumper (B)
6. Plankton's Pet (B)
7. Jailbreak! (B)
8. Patrick-Man! (B)
9. Extreme Spots (B)
10. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
11. Gary's New Toy (B)
12. Don't Look Now (C)
13. Squirrel Record (C)
14. Squid Defense (D)
15. Squid Baby (E)
16. Little Yellow Book (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
The plot for this one is... interesting, but the bulk of the episode is not interesting. Most of it is just Spongebob and Patrick being scared and yelling. Alot of the scenes feel dragged out and I got bored within the first like 4 minutes. The ending was alright though, because Squidward actually got his punishment for trying to scare Spongebob and Patrick, but that gets completely overshadowed by how boring and semi-frustrating this episode is.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Plankton's Pet (9)
2. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
3. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
4. Jailbreak (7)
5. License to Milkshake (6)
6. Extreme Spots (6)
7. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
8. Squid Defense (6)
9. Gary's New Toy (6)
10. Bumper to Bumper (6)
11. Squirrel Record (5)
12. Patrick-Man! (5)
13. Evil Spatula (5)
14. Don't Look Now (4)
15. Squid Baby (3)
16. Little Yellow Book (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode is super bland and super boring i practically liked nothing about it not even the ending.

Rating: Terrible Episode

Rankings:
Plankton's Pet (Perfect)
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Eek, An Urchin! (Awesome)
Safe Deposit Krabs (Awesome)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Evil Spatula (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Jailbreak! (Okay)
Squid Defense (Mediocre)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
It Came From Goo Lagoon (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)
Don't Look Now (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ooh I’ve been looking forward to this underrated one! This is another one of the episodes that’s a part of my annual Halloween marathon, and it’s an episode I’ve always liked. That’s why I consider it to be underrated, because since it’s part of the season 9A banner, it’s kinda lumped in to all the “bad”. And I don’t think people like it anyway, right? As you can see, I am once again not looking at any discussion page for this episode beforehand.

This entire episode reminds me of “Scaredy Pants”, probably because there’s…kinda…plot similarities. At least with SpongeBob being a scaredy-cat. And yeah, I know that’s about the only similarity. One other thing to note about this episode is that it’s about the Conch Street trio, and it’s been…a while…since we’ve had these 3 in an episode all to themselves, I believe. Well, there was “Squid Baby”, but I’m electing to ignore that episode’s existence. And, this episode features Squidward in an antagonistic role that is far more entertaining than anything “Little Yellow Book” had to offer, so that’s yet another win. Oh, and I just realized the episode that this episode really makes me think of…”Night Light”! I can’t believe I forgot about that one haha.

I really think that this episode is hilarious. SpongeBob and Patrick’s complete failure to watch The Fisherman is really funny to me. I don’t know why, but it gets me laughing for real. Maybe it’s because the movie itself is hilariously bad (but in a good way). And it’s pretty funny to watch the two get spooked at literally everything too.

I enjoy episodes where Squidward “stoops” to the level of SpongeBob and Patrick, I think those can be really entertaining plots (”Little Yellow Book”, again, is bad, but “Fools in April” and “That Sinking Feeling” are good, so there). Squidward’s plan to scare SpongeBob and Patrick is really enjoyable to watch. We’ve got some great visual gags in there (like Patrick’s missing face) as well as great jokes (like the underwear bit). There’s also some really good visual reactions in there too. And then it gets kinda wholesome when SpongeBob and Patrick decide to “save” Squidward. Squidward definitely gets his just desserts through SpongeBob and Patrick “saving” him, and it reminds me a lot of that bit from “The Good Krabby Name” with the patty mascot. I also really like how this episode ends too, with Gary managing to get everyone with a good scare. It’s what he deserves, since SpongeBob technically was going to sacrifice him LMAO.

I really liked "Don't Look Now". It's simply a really funny and enjoyable episode to me, and I think it's because it's full of my favorite kind of shenanigans from this trio. So I can see why it may not work for others. And I'm sure the fact that I watch it relatively frequently compared to other episodes helps it out a lot too. Also...I just like spooky Halloween vibes. That always gives an episode a leg-up.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Pretty good episode
  1. Plankton's Pet (10/10)
  2. Patrick-Man! (9.5/10)
  3. Safe Deposit Krabs (9.5/10)
  4. Evil Spatula (9/10)
  5. Don't Look Now (9/10)
  6. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8.5/10)