182a. Little Yellow Book

Yece

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I think the punishments that came to Squidward were just senseless (knowing the show) yet funny xD I loved this episode!

Near the end, Squidward becomes homeless for reading SpongeBob's diary.

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
I thought it was great! 8.5/10 I especially liked seeing the newspaper fish (from Hall Monitor) and Officer O'Malley (the female cop), who hasn't really been shown as much as the male cops.

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
9/10

Started off very strong, but then weakened a bit. Heres my rank of Season 9.
1- EEK an Urchin
2- Plankton's Pet
3- Patrick Man
4- Little Yellow Book
5- Garys New Toy
6- License to Milkshake
7- Squid Defence
8- Squirrel Record
9- Squid Baby
10- Bumper to Bumper
11- Extreme Spots

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
I feel like the episode is exactly (but The Ending) like Fools in April. It has Squidward hurting SpongeBob's feelings, which leads to the towns people hating him, and almost at the end, Squidward tries to apologise to SpongeBob. It did have a share of comedy, but maybe Squidward losing his house for reading a person's diary was a bit too harsh, it's like getting kicked out of a city for spilling a glass of milk at a party.

Overall, I find it a really great episode, I sort of perfer Plankton's Pet, but it's still acceptable.

7.2/10

Web Surfer

Banished
Patty Sponge said:
I feel like the episode is exactly (but The Ending) like Fools in April. It has Squidward hurting SpongeBob's feelings, which leads to the towns people hating him, and almost at the end, Squidward tries to apologise to SpongeBob. It did have a share of comedy, but maybe Squidward losing his house for reading a person's diary was a bit too harsh, it's like getting kicked out of a city for spilling a glass of milk at a party.

Overall, I find it a really great episode, I sort of perfer Plankton's Pet, but it's still acceptable.

7.2/10
Where'd you watch the episode?

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This episode was, to me, a mix of Fools in April and Pressure. The reason I say Pressure is because when everyone is laughing at SpongeBob, it seemed like when everyone laughed at Sandy. And, it was really identical to Fools in April, with the apologizing after embarrassing SpongeBob. It was a good episode, although it went by quick. 8/10

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
It was OK.

Best parts:
- Squidward yelling into the megaphone.
- Ravenous customers.
- The part where Squidward first reads the diary and it plays like a flashback with SpongeBob narrating his life.
- Chicken SpongeBob.
- "I had a diary once. My brother read it. I had a brother once."

Yece

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Squidward had his house repossessed for violating the terms...reading a person's diary.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Eh. While it was nothing awful, it certainly was not a good episode. Not impressed.

Da Good
-The plot was creative.
-SpongeBob acting like a chicken was funny and looked nice.
-Him dancing around in his underwear was nice too.
-I cracked a smile at Mr. Krabs' afro.
-Patrick's stupid laughing face got me to smile.
-And, all the abuse Squidward got was deserved, I guess, but it really got ridiculous after a while.
-Squidward's nap was funny.
-Officer Nancy and the Original Old Man Jenkins make their glorious returns! I loved that.
-Old Man Jenkins appearing as stuff SB pulled out of the toilet was lulz
-And SpongeBob named his spatula after Jelly.
tongue.png
His spatula being named Fifi seriously threw me for a loop.
tongue.png

Da Bad
-Squidward was a complete sack in this episode. He reads the diary, doesn't apologize, and in the end he's reading the diary and everyone hates him? What the nuggets?
-Just when it looked like Squidward was going to apologize and the episode was going to take a sharp upturn and pull a "Fools In April" on us.......It didn't. Instead Squidward is an absolute jerk and doesn't apologize. I seriously thought that Hello Bikni Bottom would make it so stuff like this wouldn't happen anymore, but I guess not.
-A lot of the jokes fell flat. Many just didn't work. And since the episode decided to skip out on having any emotional impact at all (like Fools In April), there was nothing to back up the mediocre comedy here. Just fell flat.
-This episode also brings up the creepy implications that Good Neighbors implied; that SpongeBob isn't really an optimist, that he's a stupid moron who can't understand what's going on around him and he thinks people like him because he's a deluded fool. I cannot express how much I hate that image, and this episode brought it back again, with SpongeBob's warped view on his world that Squidward reads in the diary. Ugh. There's a fine balance that they tread with this, and it was kinda funny at the start, but then it dragged and started getting uncomfortable.
-The abuse was deserved, but my god, it started getting ridiculous when Squidward's house got repossessed. Then they put him in that headlock thingy, and then he stole the diary, and that all led up to the stupid ending that made no sense. "Ha, it's funny because Squidward is reading the diary and people are throwing stuff at him haha" No it isn't.
-"SpongeBob, you need to go clean out the toilet, someone dropped something in there."
SpongeBob: Duty calls!

That better have been unintentional. I can't bring myself to believe that they would write a joke as lazy as that.

All in all, there were a few good parts, but it was overshadowed by the damaged relations between Sponge and Squid and the stupidity of the second half.

6.5/10, maybe a 7 if I were to feel generous. 3rd worst of the Season. Season 9 has been so inconsistent.
tongue.png
I think my expectations were too high, though.

Kukimao

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Awww, I wanted to know what was in his Secret Personal Diary.
Yeah, pretty ok episode, loved Mr Krabs' hair and the police fish who HAD A BROTHER ONCE.
Not sure why reading someone's diary would get Squid kicked out of his house though, Bikini Bottom is indeed a strange place.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I thought it was a pretty funny episode... plot seemed really random though.
Best part was officer Nancy
I had a brother once.

7.5/10

Cha

I love SBM
Revealing episodes are always cool, like You Don't Know Sponge where they revealed things like SB's favorite color, etc. This episode was like the love child of Fools in April and Grandma's Kisses. As I suspected most of the secrets were made up for the episode. And the day to day things he did, I also suspected would be in SpongeBob's diary. The secrets were fine, seeing that in the end it's not his super close secrets. THAT I WISH FOR NEPTUNE'S SAKE WE COULD HAVE READ THOSE. D: But I digress, the Patrick parts were good. I liked all the cameos made by the other characters like Officer Nancy and Officer John (BEST COP DUO EVER btw). I don't think we've really seen that Old Man Jenkins since I dunno, Toy Store of Doom? The Fifi reference like others made me think of SpongeFifi, (that would be cool if it was actually a reference to her). I feel like the episode was kinda short in some places, but eh it's fine. I agree that it didn't have the qualities in Fools in April that made Squidward regret what he did. Maybe Squidward did need a little
compassion in this one, but I gotta say the ending was still hilarious IMO. I also felt like Mr. Krabs had some funny lines too in this. Gary was great too, seeing him stand up for his master.

Overall 7.8/10 from my first viewing (my review may or may not change by a second viewing)

TheBandGeek said:
This
episode was, to me, a mix of Fools in April and Pressure. The reason I
say Pressure is because when everyone is laughing at SpongeBob, it
seemed like when everyone laughed at Sandy. And, it was really identical
to Fools in April, with the apologizing after embarrassing SpongeBob.
It was a good episode, although it went by quick. 8/10

I would also say it's like Grandma's Kisses, because everyone laughed at him too. Good idea referencing Pressure, I wouldn't have thought about it that way.

Hmmm, I guess it could've stayed uninteresting... I didn't really like any of the characters, except for Old Man Jenkins' little scenes. He's fantabulous! :p Some of the jokes were OK, such as the plaid kilt and Fifi, but over all, it was sort of annoying. Sure Squidward deserved something, but to get his house confiscated kind of sucked. And the Bikini Bottomites were weird.... I like the Policefish and her brother who she once had, though. :prop:

I guess I'd give it a 7/10, because character development was a mess, but it gradually got funnier. :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I couldn't help but notice that this:

dWxejiC.png

Looks suspiciously like this:

cAOhx2X.png

Theory: They took SpongeBob from Little Yellow Book, edited him slightly and used him to to promote Squid Defense because it kind of looks like he's doing karate.

This observation was brought to you by DMAP Remembering Exact Poses From Promos And Posting About Them Inc.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
DadMom AngryPants said:
I couldn't help but notice that this:

dWxejiC.png

Looks suspiciously like this:

cAOhx2X.png

Theory: They took SpongeBob from Little Yellow Book, edited him slightly and used him to to promote Squid Defense because it kind of looks like he's doing karate.

This observation was brought to you by DMAP Remembering Exact Poses From Promos And Posting About Them Inc.
Wow that's awesome
clearly the exact same and flipped because his holes are in the wrong spot on that commercial

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
abney317 said:
Wow that's awesome
clearly the exact same and flipped because his holes are in the wrong spot on that commercial
And they thought we wouldn't notice. :bullshrimp:

This was okay at best. Sometimes it was overly abusive, Squidward was out of character for once, and it all just seemed odd. Like they ended up realising that this was really similar to "Fools in April", so they started changing it up near the third act. To the segment's credit, it delivers a few laughs, and the first act was pretty good.

6.5|10 Overall

Back