167a. The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
This episode is very creative and interesting. While not being very funny the jokes it does tell do work. The ending was pretty average it was kind of predictable and they didn't contrast any jokes or unique ideas into it. Also the plot is quite lazy. However the action scenes are cool, I like how it's a reference to a horror movie and it does have quite a few jokes along with the episode as a whole being very interesting, however it is quite flawed so it's not that good.

6.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
One of the better season 8 episodes in my mind. The story was pretty interesting and brought a lot of interesting situations and character team-ups as well as a fun B movie parody. This episode also has more funny jokes than your average season 8 episode.

7.5/10

Growlie

Best Boy
Sandy, Ban Mr.Krabs from your tree dome.

Pretty fun episode, especially if the raw Krabby meat had been replaced with some other giant type monster.

This episode is similar to Whelk Attack, and you all know I like that episode. This is a great homage to some horror films, and I think this episode's concept is so stupid that it's great.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Ghoul Fools (A)
5. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
6. Mooncation (A)
7. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
8. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
9. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
10. Walking the Plankton (B)
11. The Way of the Sponge (B)
12. A Friendly Game (B)
13. Sentimental Sponge (C)
14. Bubble Troubles (C)
15. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
16. Accidents Will Happen (C)
17. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
18. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
19. Barnacle Face (C)
20. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
21. The Googly Artiste (D)
22. The Other Patty (D)
23. Patrick's Staycation (D)
24. Oral Report (E)
25. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
26. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Meh thats all i say here.

Rating: Mediocre Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Y’all know I love when this show dips its toes into other genres, especially horror. Now, of course, “The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom” is for sure played for laughs a lot more than one like, say, “SpongeHenge” is, but my point still stands. This episode reminds me a lot of “Whelk Attack”, and also it makes me realize that as the show has gone on, the scope of the threats and conflicts faced in the episodes have kind of increased. Like I don’t think destroying Bikini Bottom was much of a thing until like…season 4 (unless we count “Reef Blower” or “Dying For Pie” I guess. Though “Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm” also destroyed Bikini Bottom so maybe it’s not as new a thing as I think).

The beginning of the episode surprises me by giving me something I always want—different character interactions! I know this isn’t the best Sandy and Mr. Krabs interaction we’ll ever get, but I still like what I see. It’s times like these that I realize how funny it is that literally everyone calls Mr. Krabs “Mr. Krabs”, sometimes even Plankton does so and that’s so funny to me. Also, two things about this scene with Mr. Krabs and Sandy in the treedome: 1) I loved the lampshading of the size of Sandy’s treedome changing based on inside vs. outside (also I’m calling this a Doctor Who reference), and 2) don’t think I didn’t see what I’m going to perceive as a reference to “SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One” with that helicopter that runs on coconut milk.

Once Sandy gives the growth serum to Mr. Krabs, it’s obvious what’s gonna happen…and then it does, as Mr. Krabs pours the entire serum onto the patty. Once again, his short-sightedness is at play, and I love consistent character writing. And after a pretty funny joke about grocery bags and grocery stores, we cut to the Krusty Krab, where this patty is only getting bigger. Mr. Krabs’ plan works for about 30 seconds before the Krabby Patty becomes unmanageable and starts eating everything. I always like when SpongeBob and Squidward are on the same page, like they are when they’re trying to get the heck out of dodge.

Somehow Plankton thinks approaching the giant Krabby Patty is a good idea, and he gets eaten too. Though he wanted to be taken by it so…I guess he wins LMAO. Then the Krabby Patty starts going through Bikini Bottom, where everyone has apparently attended the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things. Then Conch Street gets ate up, and I’m glad that SpongeBob saved Gary because if that didn’t happen I would’ve pulled up to Nickelodeon Studios myself.

Of course Sandy has to be a girlboss and save the day, though I suppose it’s SpongeBob who ends up saving the day as he’s the one who needs to make direct contact with the Krabby Patty. And he does, which causes him to absorb the Krabby Patty into his body. How many times has this been the solution to the problem LMAO, I think it’s a very funny solution and I don’t mind it being used with frequency. And somehow Mr. Krabs even wins in the end, and you know what, I’m fine with that, because he got his when he got ate up by the patty originally.

Have I mentioned that this episode is absolutely hilarious? Mr. Krabs is a riot here for the first few minutes we see him, and his interactions with basically everyone are hilarious. And just all the little jokes throughout the episode are so, so good. Like the one with the stoplight? I love controlled chaos y’all know it, just like in “Wormy”.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
top 10 for season 8
  1. Frozen Face Off (10/10)
  2. Ghoul Fools (10/10)
  3. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (10/10)
  4. A Squarepants Family Vacation (10/10)
  5. Mooncation (10/10)
  6. Mermaid Man Begins (10/10)
  7. The Hot Shot (10/10)
  8. Oral Report (9.5/10)
  9. Drive Thru (9.5/10)
  10. Plankton's Good Eye (9/10)
  11. A Friendly Game (8.5/10)
  12. The Way Of The Sponge (8/10)
  13. Walking The Plankton (8/10)
  14. Squidward's School For Grown Ups (8/10)
  15. Sweet And Sour Squid (7.5/10)
  16. Sentimental Sponge (7/10)
  17. Accidents Will Happen (6.5/10)
  18. The Other Patty (6/10)
  19. Bubble Troubles (4.5/10)
  20. Barnacle Face (3.5/10)
  21. Mr Krabs Takes A Vacation (3.5/10)
  22. The Googly Artiste (1.5/10)
  23. Patrick's Staycation (1.5/10)
  24. House Sittin For Sandy (1/10)
  25. Pet Sitter Pat (0/10)

distinctincident5624

Floating Shopping List
Yeah this was a surprising one for me. It is kind of similar to Whelk Attack but it takes enough of a different direction that I don't mind. It's just plain fun, what more can I add?

8/10

Back