156. Frozen Face-Off

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I love this special. I love the Frozen Tundra (Best location ever on SpongeBob), I love Winter-Themed episode.
and I love this line...

"As we race, race, race down the snow, snow, snow..."

Also, it also has all of the characters... that's a plus.

My only problem is that WHY IS PLANKTON IN THE EPISODE????

All in All... one of my favorite specials and favorite season 8 episodes.

9/10

Patrick-Man!

Floating Shopping List
this is my favorite episode and its a close tie to chocolate with nuts. the story is great (even if involves plankton AGAIN) the "action" was great. i looooved the claymation creature. it fixed well with the cartoon. the characters and their personality really fit well. all in all its my favorite
10/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I loved it. My favorite or one of my fav special in the whole series and basically one of my fav episode of all time. I thought that every part in this episode were and still are awesome to watch. Plankton wasn't used for most of this episode which is good. The claymation monster was a nice addition to this amazing episode as well as everyone working together and having all the main characters including Karen. I really can't ask for more in an episode, I really can't. 10/10

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
Milkmaidman said:
I HATE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH EPSCIALLY SINCE I'VE SEEN IT 999.999.999,999,999 TIMES
thank GOD im not the only hater out here. plus,WHY WOULD YOU PUT A STOP MOTION CREATURE A FREAKING ANIMATION???

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SurprisedPatrik said:
thank GOD im not the only hater out here. plus,WHY WOULD YOU PUT A STOP MOTION CREATURE A FREAKING ANIMATION???
THANK GOD IN NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HATES THIS EPISODE! WHY WOULD GARY PULL THE ENTIRE CAST? THAT'S CONSIDERED ANIMAL ABUSE, YOU KNOW?!

Spongetron Robotpants said:
THANK GOD IN NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HATES THIS EPISODE! WHY WOULD GARY PULL THE ENTIRE CAST? THAT'S CONSIDERED ANIMAL ABUSE, YOU KNOW?!
That's the only reason, besides claymation monster and Squidward getting frozen many times, why people hates this episode?

Even though yes, Gary gets abused in this episode, later SpongeBob felt bad for Gary and he decided to pull the sled instead of Gary. Minus couple of Gary abuse moments and rushed ending, I enjoyed watching this episode. It's one of my favorite specials in the show. It was really entertaining and funny. Even the sub-plot with Plankton turned out to be funny. I liked how every character appeared in this episode. Really, really underrated episode. 10/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SB_DW_Fan said:
That's the only reason, besides claymation monster and Squidward getting frozen many times, why people hates this episode?

Even though yes, Gary gets abused in this episode, later SpongeBob felt bad for Gary and he decided to pull the sled instead of Gary. Minus couple of Gary abuse moments and rushed ending, I enjoyed watching this episode. It's one of my favorite specials in the show. It was really entertaining and funny. Even the sub-plot with Plankton turned out to be funny. I liked how every character appeared in this episode. Really, really underrated episode. 10/10
I guess Squidward got frozen so many times because he's Squidward? That's what the writers are telling us.

Wumbology

Part Computer or Something
This has nothing to do with the episode, but I would love to see a Frozen and Face/Off mashup.

Episode's pretty good, I guess. Don't remember it that well.

Cha

I love SBM
Gonna update my thoughts. I love this episode so much and I feel like it's grossly underrated. At the time it wasn't common for the entire main cast to be together for more than a few minutes. It felt really good to see everyone together as they should be. It gave us a break from either the Squidward trio, the Sandy duo or the Patrick duo (I think you know what I'm talking about so I don't really have to explain it.) I've actually had two dreams related to this lately, so I've really wanted to explain my opinions on it. This episode is pretty gritty and even a little dark. It's the survival of the fitness that Survival of the Idiots was striving for.

Plankton (who creates a genius plot this time) basically allows everyone to freeze to death in a set up race and fry them later on, even his own wife. I don't know, years ago I didn't know where the episode was going. For once I felt like I couldn't predict all the way what would happen. One minute you would have Squidward frozen in ice (deleted movie reference wooooo) and the next one you have Mr. Krabs crossing them or you have that giant claymated Abominable Snow Mollusk after them! (Which led to It's a SB Christmas.)

I love how each character could act uniquely and use their special skills. I guess I'm okay with Sandy dominating everyone because in reality surviving and extreme situations are all up her alley. They made her the main character at times and that was a cool change. I even thought Patrick was modestly used and they didn't make him overly dimwitted or mess up everything.

It was high paced enough to get you on the edge of your seat, even today that's how I feel. So overall, it's a quirky and fast moving special.

Kerdem

Banished
It Could Be Better But Still Great One Of The Best Specials IMO

10/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Meh. I didn't really laugh watching this but I guess that monster animation was pretty cool so that's something and I actually liked the part where Plankton basically split that atom to open the safe. Overall, really wish this wasn't just another Plankton tries to steal the formula episodes because I think without that, this episode would have been a little bit more interesting. Maybe I'll revisit this episode later and see if I like it better but for now, 6/10 for this.

So, what was so bad about it?
Only annoying thing IMO was hte monster and the whole Plankton stealing the formula... god I remember when that cute little thing was uinderused

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Frozen Face-Off

This episode was between bad and decent for me. Some parts i liked (for example, teamwork of the characters, the claymotion monster). Some parts i didn't like (for example the Gary abuse, Plankton stealing the formula AGAIN it's predictble.) There were few jokes. 5.5/10

Back