137a. One Coarse Meal

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List

Review: This episode is a SpongeBob classic! Everyone was in character and there were no flaws! Well, the only thing that lowered my score was when Mr. Krabs drove Plankton toward commiting suicide. :( But, overall a classic episode of SpongeBob. ;)

Rating: 9.5/10

This episode is HORRIBLE. I mean, Krabs is the biggest jerk he's ever been, and he still wins. Spongebob betrays Plankton in the end, and Plankton attempts suicide. I mean, what happened. I mean it's one thing for the show to be disgusting (although I never really liked that), but to be depressing and scary is a whole 'nother level. I mean, this isn't the kind of show for that.

0|10 Overall

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
This episode is compete garbage and 2nd worst in series only beaten by stuck in the wringer
Plankton being afraid of whales makes sense but in the algae is always greener he had no problem but I can forgive continutity because the show has never had good continutiy but drinking somebody into suicide because of buisness even though he doesn't get customers is the sickest thing I've seen in a kids show to my memory. demolition doofus did it right because although mrs puff wanted to kill spongebob she lost her inflation sack and had countless accidents because of him while mr krabs is doing it for $$$.
I think sailor mouth sums it up best. Krabs is a dolphin noise
-9001/10 and yes stupid meme is stupid

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Oh god… I think I’m going to be sick. Okay, this episode is unbelievable. I cannot believe that THIS episode had been ignored on BOTH of MoBros' countdowns! And it also got a GREENLIT rating on TV.COM?! (Just so you know, I do respect everyone's opinions. I'm just a little surprised at the high ratings it's got.)

This episode, as I said before, is my second least favorite episode of them all (the worst being A Pal For Gary). It’s sadistic, it’s confusing, it’s mean-spirited, and it completely obliterated my once favorite character, Mr. Krabs!

Krabs and Plankton once had a special, soul-bonding friendship ever since they were babies! And they split all because of money. All this time, after Friend or Foe, I thought that maybe Krabs and Plankton, although they disliked each other, at the very least had a friendly rivalry and still cared about each other to an extent (like you said, in Best Frenemies).

I don’t think Spongebob was the one who hurt Plankton. I think Spongebob was only trying to send him on his way. Although it wouldn’t have justify the episode in any way (it didn’t save this episode for me), I think he was only putting up the projector to send Plankton away. I think tormenting him more would be leaving the projectors on. I don’t think he went back to being depressed because after he was told that Krabs was the one who disguised himself as Pearl, Plankton didn’t want to kill himself anymore. Plus, he may have hid in his house for a few, but maybe after looking outside (reluctantly), he probably thought the whales were gone, which probably relieved him. Again, this doesn’t justify the episode in any way, as it didn’t do it for me.

And actually, I think Krabs was the one who hurt Plankton more. Seeing Krabs drive Plankton to a suicidal depression and laughing about it? That was soul-crushing. More soul crushing than any other episode (except A Pal For Gary) could ever be. This episode just showed that Krabs could care less if Plankton died or suffered in any way. The reason why this is my second least favorite episode, is because it shows just how selfish Mr. Krab has become. In Best Frenemies, at least you could tell that even though they are business rivals, they still care about each other to some degree. This episode just proves to me that Mr. Krabs could not care less for Plankton, REGARDLESS of their history. Ironically, I would have thought that the one person Mr. Krabs would have hurt the least (psychologically-speaking) would be Plankton. This is no longer about business; Mr. Krabs went WAY too far. Really... it's actually pretty sad when you think about it. Krabs was just soulless and horrible to Plankton, that it's sickening! Not only is it sad, it's also SICK! Krabs and Plankton had been best friends ever since they were babies, as shown in Friend or Foe. And even today, when you see Krabs insult Plankton or kick him out of the Krusty Krab, he at least cared a bit about him to some extent, even though he doesn't want to admit it.

But One Coarse Meal just HAD to air on television, and let me tell you. It was SOUL-CRUSHING! Watching Krabs laugh at the fact that Plankton is suffering and is about to kill himself? That hurt! It actually made Friend or Foe hard to watch. Krabs not giving a darn about Plankton's psychological pain killed whatever respect I once had for him. http://seethingplz.deviantart.com/

It just made me lose ALL remaining respect I had for Krabs and it made him my LEAST favorite character on the show. Again, I do not know how it got ignored on MoBros’ countdowns, especially the fan edition. And I don’t think it deserves all the good ratings it gets. It is one of the worst Spongebob episodes of all time and it wouldn’t get any better for me, even if the writers tried to make it better. Because after that, my once favorite and respectable character had turned into a soulless beast who is worse than any character could ever be (except for a certain creepy old man from Family Guy...).

Hasbean

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I felt this sense of overall badness permeating throughout the episode. Poor Plankton! The episode was primarily dedicated to torturing him because....he was afraid of whales. That's right, Mr. Krabs took advantage of Plankton's deep fear for little else than his own amusement. On the other hand, his cross dressing was kind of funny. Then, when Plankton tells SB that he was trying to get run over, Mr. Krabs just laughs. And when SB feels pity enough for the beaten cyclops that he reveals Mr. Krabs's secret fear of mimes (I wonder why he was afraid), Plankton still doesn't get his revenge for being harassed for 2 weeks by Mr. Krabs because Plankton=bad and Mr. K= SB's employer=good. Undoubtedly my least favorite Plankton Episode, and the most unlikable Mr. Krabs portrayal since Penny Foolish. It had a cohesive plotline, but had all the harbingers of a Scumbob Episode. But here's why I came here to post this:

I can understand why Richard Purcell (he's wrote stinkers before) would write A Pal For Gary, but Mr. Lawrence writing this is extraordinarily upsetting to me. Plankton's voice actor writing an episode where his character is miserable, depressed, and potentially suicidal? Why, Mr. Lawrence? He's my favorite writer and he's very talented, but I don't understand how he'd involve himself with something like this.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Hasbean said:
I can understand why Richard Purcell (he's wrote stinkers before) would write A Pal For Gary, but Mr. Lawrence writing this is extraordinarily upsetting to me. Plankton's voice actor writing an episode where his character is miserable, depressed, and potentially suicidal? Why, Mr. Lawrence? He's my favorite writer and he's very talented, but I don't understand how he'd involve himself with something like this.
Why would Richard Purcell write A Pal For Gary? Why would he even think that torturing Gary for ELEVEN minutes is a good idea?! WHYYYY?!

And why would Mr. Lawrence write a dark episode where his character is horribly depressed? Does he hate Plankton?

why in the hell did people like this awful post?

fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif

fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif
fassbender-crying.gif

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SB_DW_Fan said:
HANDS DOWN! THIS IS THE WORST SEASON 7 EPISODE EVER. I thought this episode was much worse than A Pal For Gary. Not just the worst season 7 episode, It's also one of my least favorite SpongeBob episodes. Definetly on my bottom 10.. I don't understand why this episode got many good reviews on tv.com. The only good part was the beigining because that part was very enjoyable but I'm gonna rate this episode 0/10 because this episode get worse after Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton is afraid of whales and dressed up like Pearl to scare Plankton. I really hated Mr. Krabs in this episode. Mr. Krabs was okay in season 7 but he was unlikeable in this episode and I really wanted to punch Mr. Krabs. Also SpongeBob says that Mr. Krabs's afraid of mimes to Plankton but at the end, he later uses a projector to scare Plankton. Are you serious SpongeBob? SpongeBob was unlikeable in this episode. Pearl was okay in this episode. Also the worst part was Plankton's suicide attempt. That part is even worse than the suicide jokes in "Are You Happy Now?" because at least Squidward didn't commit suicide. The writers of this episode forgot that kids watch SpongeBob too. I still don't understand why many members of tv.com liked this episode. This episode is just one of the most overrated post-movie episodes. I will never watch this episode again. I really felt bad for Plankton in this episode. This episode makes you want to watch Best Frenemies, Friend or Foe and The Other Patty again. At least these episodes are great and worth watching again. I don't recommend this episode, especially to post-movie haters and Plankton fans. 0/10

By the way, this is my reaction to the writers of this episode (2:28):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcDFFIuVUS0
I don't understand it either. I respect opinions, but One Coarse Meal is too painful and backstabbing for me to even consider watching it again and enjoying it. What bothers me a little on MoBros' fan edition, is that how come some of the more underrated episodes are picked for that list (Squidward in Clarinetland, Wigstruck, Face Freeze!, Toy Store of Doom, Greasy Buffoons, and Truth or Square) and ranted about, yet genuine horrors of Spongenbob like this, Are You Happy Now?, The Cent of Money, and I'm With Stupid (I respect opinions, but I find this one overrated) get off scot free? I do respect everyone's opinions, but that fan-voted countdown really baffled me at some points.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
I don't understand it either. I respect opinions, but One Coarse Meal is too painful and backstabbing for me to even consider watching it again and enjoying it. What bothers me a little on MoBros' fan edition, is that how come some of the more underrated episodes are picked for that list (Squidward in Clarinetland, Wigstruck, Face Freeze!, Toy Store of Doom, Greasy Buffoons, and Truth or Square) and ranted about, yet genuine horrors of Spongenbob like this, Are You Happy Now?, The Cent of Money, and I'm With Stupid (I respect opinions, but I find this one overrated) get off scot free? I do respect everyone's opinions, but that fan-voted countdown really baffled me at some points.

I disagree with I'm with stupid being overated because I see alot of people hating it

Kumatora0203 said:
I disagree with I'm with stupid being overated because I see alot of people hating it
I don't think a lot of people hate I'm With Stupid because most of pre-movie fans liked this episode because It's a pre-movie episode and they thought It was funny.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SB_DW_Fan said:
I don't think a lot of people hate I'm With Stupid because most of pre-movie fans liked this episode because It's a pre-movie episode and they thought It was funny.
I agree. Sometimes I see that nostalgic pre-movie worshippers rant about how Patrick became a jerk in post-movie (Yours, Mine and Mine, Smoothe Jazz In BB,and Stuck in the Wringer), but they should at the very least keep in mind that the seeds of his jerky attitude were planted bewfore the movie. I'm With Stupid, Dumped, and Rock-A-Bye Bivalve are perfect examples of this!

GordoktheMad said:
I agree. Sometimes I see that nostalgic pre-movie worshippers rant about how Patrick became a jerk in post-movie (Yours, Mine and Mine, Smoothe Jazz In BB,and Stuck in the Wringer), but they should at the very least keep in mind that the seeds of his jerky attitude were planted bewfore the movie. I'm With Stupid, Dumped, and Rock-A-Bye Bivalve are perfect examples of this!
When it came to "I'm With Stupid" it was made a bit more believable that he would be so stupid as to think Spongebob is really the stupid one, even though it was initially just an act.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar

Well when you ask alot of peopel what is the worst pre movie they usually say this with some other episodes

So apparently just because it's before the movie that automaticly means it's overrated?

Sandy's Rocket, Culture Shock, Opposite Day, No Free Rides, Procrastination, Bossy Boots, The Secret Box, Krab Borg, Clams, MM&BB 4, One Krab's Trash, Squidville.

Also, what the heck is up with you and post-movie haters? You guys act like they are evil demons. I believe post-movie haters have as much of a right to consider themselves true fans as much as people who like every episode of the show. Yes, I went that far.

Not that I hate post-movie. It urks me that you guys act like post-movie haters are demons. THEY ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH OPINIONS! One more comment about "evil post-movie haters", and I am done with this site. Never saying my favorite episode or nothing. Good bye, and have a nice day.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
squidwardisawesome22 said:
So apparently just because it's before the movie that automaticly means it's overrated?

Sandy's Rocket, Culture Shock, Opposite Day, No Free Rides, Procrastination, Bossy Boots, The Secret Box, Krab Borg, Clams, MM&BB 4, One Krab's Trash, Squidville.

Also, what the heck is up with you and post-movie haters? You guys act like they are evil demons. I believe post-movie haters have as much of a right to consider themselves true fans as much as people who like every episode of the show. Yes, I went that far.

Not that I hate post-movie. It urks me that you guys act like post-movie haters are demons. THEY ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH OPINIONS! One more comment about "evil post-movie haters", and I am done with this site. Never saying my favorite episode or nothing. Good bye, and have a nice day.
Dude, chill, no one here was saying anything like that. =/ I think it's perfectly fine for people to dislike post-movie, and they definitely have a right to still consider themselves fans. It just irks me that people don't seem to realize that some of the things they complain about in post-movie are present (though to a lesser degree) in some pre-movie episodes. It reeks of a bias if you ask me.

Back