133b. Squidward in Clarinetland

Tuba95

I like the approach here, with a fantasy-world episode, but we don't get to see Clarinetland for a while and when the plot device comes up it's there for not a long time, I dunno. My nitpick here is the chalkboard joke. It's painful and not that funny. The darker imagery though, is awesome. Few months later since my last reply and still 5/10.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Most of this episode is just boring and unremarkable but once the episode goes into the clarinet world it actually gets really cool and interesting and I like the darker imagery. It's a shame that only a 4 minute chunk of the episode is in it.

7/10

Donuts

Really loved this episode. The first half totally roped me in. I was super interested to see where it would go, and there were a few lines along the way that kept me smiling. Everyone felt in character and served a purpose in the story, and once we got to the final act, it felt earned and refreshing, since the rest of the episode had been pretty grounded. Still, throughout the first half, the weirdness kept increasing gradually, with Spongebob's renovations getting more and more ridiculous, and there was definitely a sense of tension building. I think the final joke could have been delivered with more punch, but I liked the idea of that too. I'm watching the series out of order, so I still have a few more to watch, but this is absolutely my favourite season 7 episode I've seen.

I liked this one. It's got to be one of the most bizarre episodes of the show. But it paid off, because the execution is pretty good! It's also got some funny moments, and I especially like the eagle. He's just so weird and out-of-the-blue that I love it.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
3. Growth Spout (B)
4. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
5. Greasy Buffoons (B)
6. I Heart Dancing (B)
7. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
8. Kracked Krabs (C)
9. Model Sponge (C)
10. Tentacle-Vision (D)
11. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
12. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
13. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
14. A Pal for Gary (F-)