118a. Pet or Pests

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
The plot seems inconsistent to me. Spongebob and Patrick find a disgusting worm and says that they will take care of it until the nest grows back (which is NOT possible). Plus, how it turns inconsistent is how the writers shift from taking care of the worms to selling the babies. Also, how in the hell can Larry not know Spongebob after the episodes like "Spongeguard on Duty"?! Also, it's even more strange that the writers deliberately wanted to make the worm babies gross, but the closeups of them vomiting and their constant squirming, along with their soulless eyes make me cringe... Overall, this episode is horrible. It's inconsistent, not funny, the writers being stupid with Larry not knowing Spongebob (like WTF?!), the gag with Spongebob holding the doorbell for like a minute to waste time, and the fact that the worms look like soulless, disgusting creatures!!!

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Pet or Pests

This episode was horrendous. The plot was really bland. This is personally my worst episode after A Pal For Gary. Spongebob acted really strange and annoying here, and Patrick wasn't a big help. The doorbell scene was the most annoying part. Larry not knowing Spongebob was really strange. There was only 1 or 2 funny joke(s). 2.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Oh god...THIS EPISODE. Nasty. Nasty! NASTY! A total gross-out episode from season 6 that is just unforgivable. The design of the worm was disgusting, and the plot was grotesquely inconsistent, one of the most poorly constructed plots in Spongebob. Unlike in I was a Teenage Gary, where the plot being everywhere did not annoy me that much, this episode's plot just annoyed me A LOT. The baby worms throwing up on the characters' faces was absolutely nasty, and the doorbell gag really angered me, A LOT. The doorbell gag took a whole minute IN THE 11 MINUTE EPISODE, it got on my nerves, and it was just super annoying. Larry not knwoing Spongebob was stupid because of the episodes where LARRY ACTUALLY KNEW SPONGEBOB (Spongeguard on Duty, Roller Cowards, A Life in a Day, need I go on), and the part where Larry said that he was going to eat the worms (that is like eating puppies, since worms are the equivalent of dogs in this show, which drives my to RAGE because I love puppies). The ending was also terrible as well. There was no funny jokes in the episode, and it felt like this episode went on for 30 minutes even though it was just an 11 minute episode.

Score 0/10, it's the worst episode ever!

PS: The design of Spongebob in this episode was HIDEOUS. The cheeks were not that big of a deal (even though they look really stupid), it was everything else that looked ugly.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This isn't one of the worst episodes of the show, it's not good either. That doorbell gag goes on for WAAAAAAAY too long and it's one of many filler moments of this show. It's not the grossest episode ever, come on, The Splinter is so much grosser than this. It's just overall a boring episode. But there's far more crap to this season than this.

3/10

Also, this episode was taken place before any other Larry Episode.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
The gross part about this episode for me it was the dark yellow thing the worms had but I wasn't that disgusted...I didn't like the episode in general because it was BORING and NOT funny AT ALL.. I liked the scene with SpongeBob trying to find these little worm's a house , it was sweet of him, I didn't really like what the writers did again with Gary's attitude..they try to ruin his character (just like they did in ''A Pal For Gary'') but again..it's OK, I guess Gary was the dog and the WORM was a Cat :P they probably did it to show cat-dogs relations and owner reaction..IDK...but for me......still not bad as people describe it... 8/10..

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
I hate this episode and it's one of the worst season 6 episodes. it was gross, boring, not funny and the doorbell gag was :sbangry: but I kinda like how SpongeBob tried to help the baby worms find a home and I found SpongeBob reaction to Mrs. Wormsley at the beginning funny but it's sadly one of the only funny parts, also Larry not knowing SpongeBob is very stupid. In general, this was an awful episode.

Grade: 3/10

Worst Character: Probably the baby worms

Worse Line: Do I know you?

Worst Moment: The baby worms spitting on SpongeBob

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
In what way was this episode funny?! Like WTF?! Lemme summarize this with my reactions; Spongebob and Patrick just roll out in a random field, then they break a nest. Spongebob finds a disgusting, putrid worm and even Patrick's reaction when seeing that worm is understandable. But Spongebob is unaffected and he decides to take care of that worm until his nest heals back (which doesn't make any ****ing sense). Then Spongebob opens his house and then the worm and Gary have a fight. Spongebob brings Gary to a sheltered room and put him there (and this is ****ing disrespectful). Later... when Spongebob... uhh... sees the worm (bear me, I am trying to keep my sanity), we see this worm's stomach bulging up as he is sticking to the ground, with this green slime leaking out as he is howling in pain (and this isn't even tolerable, this is painful to watch). Then Spongebob brings Patrick and then they realize the worm is a female due to her giving birth to these zombie worms, and they aren't even cute in the slightest, as they look worse than their mother. Gary comes and has another fight with the worm and drives her out.

And this episode gets worse... Spongebob decides to bring the worms to Squidward's house and asks him if he wants them. Then a disgusting closeup shows one of the worms (which is dang disturbing) vomiting at Squidward, causing him to immediately close the door. Then, Spongebob goes to Mrs. Puff's house and presses the button for a LOONNNNGGGGG TTIIIIIIMMMMMEEEEEEE, even when Mrs. Puff arrives. She is annoyed, and then he shows her the worms, causing her to inflate in fear, breaking her house. Later on, he goes to Larry, and Larry says these dethroning words, "Do I know you?". WTF? What the ****?! How the heck can he not even know who the heck Spongebob is after the previous episodes when he interacted with him?! But... I'm going to skip this part.

At the end of the episode, when Spongebob is in a trash can, these garbage collectors discover how rich these worms can be, causing Mr. Krabs, who was once uninterested by these worms, to sell them. So... this is a terrible episode. In no way is this funny, in no way is this episode even fun in the slightest.

0.5/10

Smaher

Moby Dollar
I hate this episode with a boiling passion, and it's the worst SB episode of all time for me. A dull, gross mess, that I couldn't even get an unironic chuckle at. Ugliest animation, too.

Just look at this.
118a%20-%20Pet%20or%20Pests%20(012).jpg

0.5/10. I only gave it a slither of a point, because RobertryanCory is respectable.

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
Man, Spongebob's design here is awful. What is up with the cheeks? I'm not sure if this is the case in other season 6 episodes. Maybe I only just noticed it here because I found his behavior so annoying that I couldn't help but notice his cheeky face, but wow.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Donuts said:
Man, Spongebob's design here is awful. What is up with the cheeks? I'm not sure if this is the case in other season 6 episodes. Maybe I only just noticed it here because I found his behavior so annoying that I couldn't help but notice his cheeky face, but wow.
It's more common in the Aaron Springer episodes.

Anyways as for the quality "Pet or Pests"

0.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Wow, this episode...I don't know what to say. Like really. This episode is a combination of everything bad that could happen in a SpongeBob episode. The design of SpongeBob was just hideous, I mean what the devil is going on with his cheeks? And he just looks so lifeless here. I like Aaron Springer and all, but this episode proves that season 6 had the worst designs of the entire show. It's not like it's going to make me feel like losing my lunch, but still. The design is just so unpleasant to look at. And that is not even the worst part of this pile of rotten apples.

No, it is the gross out moments. This could have worked if it was more like Ren and Stimpy (which is a show that I really like because the gross moments aren't too repulsive and most of the show is really funny and hammy), but nope, it was just vile and made me want to vomit. Baby worms throwing up? Really? In what way is that going to make me laugh? The designs of the baby worms themselves are also disgusting and the slime surrounding them just doesn't make me want to look. The slime doesn't even look like slime to me, it looks like vomit. Yeesh...

And now for the "jokes". Yeah, they suck too. For example, the doorbell gag lasted for a full minute and it got on my nerves quickly. I don't know why, but the buzzing doorbell sent chills up my spine. This was on par with the throat clearing gag from Choir Boys and the obnoxious crying of All that Glitters. Other than that, the jokes ranged from gross-out (like I said earlier), Larry wanting to take the worms and eating them (which is the equivalence of eating puppies, and I know that other countries actually eat dogs, but still), hearing Mrs. Wormsley in heat, and Mr. Krabs selling the worms. All of these jokes just don't work at all. They don't make me laugh, they just make me want to look away in horror.

In conclusion, this episode was the worst piece of garbage I have ever seen in SpongeBob because of the lack of any amusing jokes, the use of grossout, the boring plot, and the unpleasant nature. 0/10

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Terrible episode. I only liked Mrs. Puff's bit, even though that minute of doorbell ringing was annoying. The worms looked weird (and DON'T get me started with the gross goo) Gary had no reason to be mean to the mother worm, Patrick (at this season point) wasn't a big help, and the KK bit made no sense, and the "old country" line was probably the second-weakest joke in the whole episode, after Larry's "Do I know you?" line. 1.4/10.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Pet or Pests (S6-E118-A)

EW! THIS EPISODE IS DISGUSTING!!! I HATED IT WITH A BLAZING PASSION!!! The worm, even her babies, is creepy, disturbing and disgusting. I also hate it when Gary let the mother worm leave their children unattended. SB ringing Mrs. Puff's doorbell for too long, which is the filler, is SO BORING! Why did Larry forgot SpongeBob's name? Instead of returning the babies, SB and Krabs sell them. That's it? Is that how you call a "happy" ending? I'm so disappointed in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode.
Everything is just plain filler, gross-outs and stupidity.

Honestly, I'm never looking at this episode again. All of the gross-out episodes (This, To Love a Patty, House Fancy and The Splinter) made me so sick, I wanted to puke in a 16 L bucket. :patgross:

To the writers: (in Mrs. Puff's voice) OH Aaron Springer, WHY?!

Final Score = 0/10 :patboo:

I hate this episode. It's actually worse than I remember it being. It's not only gross, but also really unpleasant to look at. The "gags" are not funny in the slightest. The doorbell thing especially. I also think the plot for this episode is really bad. Overall, pointless episode.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Krusty Krushers (A)
5. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
6. The Slumber Party (B)
7. A Life in a Day (B)
8. Gone (B)
9. Ditchin' (B)
10. No Nose Knows (B)
11. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
12. House Fancy (C)
13. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
14. Giant Squidward (C)
15. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
16. Spongicus (C)
17. Plankton's Regular (C)
18. Nautical Novice (C)
19. Professor Squidward (C)
20. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
21. Porous Pockets (C)
22. Shuffleboarding (D)
23. Squid's Visit (D)
24. Penny Foolish (D)
25. Grooming Gary (D)
26. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
27. Sun Bleached (D)
28. Dear Vikings (E)
29. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
30. The Splinter (F)
31. Boating Buddies (F)
32. Pet or Pests (F)
33. The Card (F-)
34. Choir Boys (F-)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is another episode that I have a pretty strong hated towards. The animation is incredibly ugly, and it's just so repetitive and unfunny. That's really all I can really say about this one; it just has such a nothing story. I really tried to find some redeeming qualities in this episode, but I just couldn't.

Awful episode (2/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. Ditchin' (7)
3. The Slumber Party (7)
4. Krabby Road (7)
5. Grandpappy the Pirate (7)
6. Porous Pockets (6)
7. House Fancy (6)
8. Patty Caper (6)
9. A Life in a Day (6)
10. Spongicus (5)
11. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
12. Nautical Novice (5)
13. Krusty Krushers (5)
14. Plankton's Regular (5)
15. No Nose Knows (5)
16. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
17. Grooming Gary (4)
18. Shuffeboarding (4)
19. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
20. Dear Vikings (4)
21. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
22. Sun Bleached (4)
23. Penny Foolish (4)
24. Gone (4)
25. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
26. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
27. Giant Squidward (3)
28. Professor Squidward (3)
29. The Splinter (3)
30. The Card (3)
31. Boating Buddies (3)
32. Choir Boys (2)
33. Pet or Pests (2)
34. Squid's Visit (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty bad episode its not funny. Also i hated Larry and i usually LIKE him!

Rating: An episode thats "facepalm" worthy

Rankings:
Grandpappy the Pirate (Perfect)
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants (Good)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Professor Squidward (Alright)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh)
Squid's Visit (Mediocre)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Cephalopod Lodge (Bad)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Shuffleboarding (Inferior)
The Card (Inferior)
Pet or Pests (Facepalm)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Back