09b. Opposite Day

I'm not joking, I actually didn't find this episode that good. I really didn't like the lady, and some of the jokes fell flat.

Ranking so far:
1. Pickles (A+)
2. Pizza Delivery (A+)
3. Plankton! (A)
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
5. Sandy's Rocket (A)
6. Help Wanted (A)
7. Boating School (B)
8. Bubblestand (B)
9. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
10. Hall Monitor (B)
11. Jellyfishing (B)
12. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
13. Jellyfish Jam (C)
14. Tea at the Treedome (C)
15. Opposite Day (C)
16. Ripped Pants (C)
17. Reef Blower (C)
18. Nature Pants (C)
19. Squeaky Boots (D)

Rex

Floating Shopping List
God Damn this one grew on me really really funny, I mentioned before I saw this one a bit too much but after rewatching its a bonified classic

This episode is non stop jokes and some really funny jokes aswell like with the backwards joke, I'm Squidward, that landlord lady, the opposite humor. Its all extremely funny and well thought out, not many episodes get extremely better for me but going from a 7/10 - 10/10 is huge for me, the story suits Spongebob perfectly and fits the characters. Squidward is really funny and also makes sense why he would want to move and this episode make me laugh from start to finish, I used to think it got really old but now I adore this one

9b Opposite Day Best Of The Best 10/10

Last edited:

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is one of season 1's WORST episodes!

Nah, I'm not doing that. This episode is a ton of fun. Seeing Spongebob take opposite day so seriously is hilarious to watch, the jokes and plot are great, and the overall tone of this episode is just very entertaining and energetic. This is one of those episodes that I don't have to think twice about giving a high rating.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Opposite Day (9)
3. Plankton! (9)
4. Help Wanted (9)
5. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
6. Pickles (8)
7. Sandy's Rocket (8)
8. Hall Monitor (8)
9. Ripped Pants (8)
10. Jellyfish Jam (7)
11. Tea at the Treedome (7)
12. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
13. Boating School (7)
14. Bubblestand (7)
15. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
16. Reef Blower (6)
17. Squeaky Boots (6)
18. Nature Pants (5)
19. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
6/10

The jokes really dragged on for too long. Not saying it's completely unfunny, but yeah. The first half wasn't bad and was somewhat hilarious, but the second half is just sort of bland. Not saying it's a completely bad episode though. I do like the plot a little bit, and it gets points for some other funny jokes, but I feel like the rest of it is just bland.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Opposite Day: (6/10)
Nature Pants: (4.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Squeaky Boots: (3.5/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
A plain old fun and funny episode.

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Opposite Day (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
Squeaky Boots (Great)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)
Nature Pants (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I dislike this episode. Ha, got you! :D

Happy "Opposite Day" reviewing day! Notice how I didn't say I hate this episode, because the opposite of that would be me saying I absolutely adore this episode. And, well, I'm not really in that camp either. So, let's talk about it.

I love the concept of this episode. Whenever I rewatch it I feel like a kid again, taking fun holidays to their natural conclusion, messing with my friends and family by declaring it opposite day, especially during April Fools. The concept of this episode also lends itself to lots of funny moments. SpongeBob and Patrick messing around with the concept of speaking "opposite" is a funny little sequence. Patrick taking it too literally is also hilarious. SpongeBob figuring out that they need to act like Squidward was fun as well, and I like the little song SpongeBob and Patrick sing about being Squidward. And then, of course, we've got the iconic "I'm Squidward, you're Squidward, we're all Squidward! Are there any other Squidwards I should know about?" leading into one of the best cuts of all time, Gary acting like Squidward. Speaking of, can we talk about the real estate agent in this episode? She was a great supporting character. I loved her design and her voice acting. Sirena Irwin always gets the job done!

Now, why don't I adore this episode? Well, frankly, I feel like Squidward is really weak in this episode. Nothing he does really makes me laugh, and he feels a bit too mean-spirited this episode, without SpongeBob and Patrick being really deserving of it. Like the ending of this episode was a bit too much, and it wasn't really all that funny. Now I'm not gonna pretend like I'm offended by Squidward's portrayal here or anything, but it just didn't quite resonate with me this time.

Because I didn't connect with such a big part of the episode, but enjoyed it very much otherwise, this episode is situated firmly in my "Good" tier. I'm elevating its score a little bit from my general season 1 review though, because I do really like the episode except for some of the Squidward scenes.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.5/10

Back