090c. The Krusty Plate

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Underrated episode. Another glorious instance of SpongeBob taking a simple concept and pushing it to hilarious extremes.

8/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Even though it was 4 minutes it was enjoyable and decent , my favourite part was the ending, and I liked how SpongeBob was willing and didn't stop encouraging himself and trying to clean that plate...but it was and it is kind of forgettable...Overall, an 8/10 from me :) !

This episode is awesome. It's crazy how an episode that's only 4 minutes manages to keep me on the edge of my seat. The episode is really funny, and the climax is awesome. It's not my favorite Season 5 episode, but it's in the top 10. If you haven't already watched this episode, I recommend you do so.

Highlight: The climax

Ranking so far
1. The Krusty Plate (A+)
2. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
3. Money Talks (B)
4. Boat Smarts (B)
5. Rise and Shine ( C )
6. The Donut of Shame ( C )
7. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
8. Waiting (E)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
One of the most memorable of season 5. Like Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget, it's very exciting and the plot doesn't stop for anything (apart from a minor joke here and there) and it's all around an engaging and fun experience. The visuals in this episode are also awesome too, so that's a plus.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Sing a Song of Patrick (8)
5. The Krusty Plate (8)
6. Friend or Foe (8)
7. Krabs à La Mode (8)
8. The Krusty Sponge (7)
9. New Digs (7)
10. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
11. Money Talks (6)
12. The Donut of Shame (6)
13. Night Light (5)
14. Boat Smarts (5)
15. Rise and Shine (5)
16. Slimy Dancing (5)
17. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
18. The Original Fry Cook (5)
19. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
20. A Flea in Her Dome (4)
21. To Love A Patty (3)
22. Waiting (3)
23. Fungus Among Us (2)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode has a pretty simple premise, but given its runtime, it does make some out of the premise. I liked seeing Spongebob's many methods to clear the stain off of the platter, especially him just resorting to saliva. I just wish there were more of his methods that were as clever and action-packed. Certainly not the best short, but it could be way worse

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I thought this was a very fun episode to watch. The idea sounded soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lame though. But at least it somehow managed to split my side.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Roller Cowards (Perfect)
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget (Amazing!)
Sing a Song of Patrick (Great)
Bucket Sweet Bucket (Great)
Krab a la Mode (Great)
The Donut of Shame (Great)
Slimy Dancing (Great)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Great)
Rise and Shine (Great)
The Krusty Plate (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
A Flea in her Dome (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Krusty Sponge (Okay)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Money Talks (Bad)
To Love a Patty (Terrible)
Waiting (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "The Krusty Plate". So, when I said that “SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget” was popularly regarded as the best of the season 5 4-minute shorts, I forgot about this episode, so my apologies. I mean I still stand by what I said because I think people think that is the best of the shorts, but I did want to make it clear that I forgot this episode existed for a second, and not in a “this is a forgettable episode” way, but in a “Pugs had a brain fart way”. But this does mean that now we have a new episode that could take the place of that one as my personal favorite of the season 5 4-minute shorts. Also, because I'm obsessed with sparta remixes right now (yeah, I really am living in the mid-2010s), I’m gonna link a sparta remix based on this episode lol. You know, it’s kinda funny that this episode is so soon after “The Krusty Sponge” considering their very similar titles. Okay let's get to the episode now, that was like 3 tangents in one paragraph.

I like that this episode takes place entirely at night because we get some cool looking backgrounds, especially once things start going off the rails and we get all sorts of effects overlaid too. I also think the plot of this episode is very fun and very SpongeBob, because he absolutely would go insane trying to get a spot off a dish…remember the beginning of “Culture Shock”? I love the dramatics about Mr. Krabs finding a spot, because y’all know I love that, and the joke about SpongeBob being left alone was hilarious. For as much as SpongeBob loves the Krusty Krab, he sure brings it disaster a lot. That joke reminds me of the whole “Whirlybird Incident” referenced in “Sandy’s Rocket”.

And then because this is a 4-minute short, the episode is more a collection of gags than anything else, but I’ve never had a problem with episodes like that, and I’m not starting here. I love all the various ways SpongeBob tries to get the stain off the plate, it lends us a lot of fun visual gags. It also reminds me of “Wet Painters”. I love how SpongeBob pulls out a whole tank, and even better, when he gets the spotmaster 6000. And Tom Kenny’s delivery in SpongeBob’s little monologue really makes the whole thing. And then I love how over-the-top everything is once SpongeBob starts using not one, not two, but 3 different lasers/cannons, and then crossing the beams (which is a reference to Ghostbusters, I think? Despite my sibling’s love for that movie I’ve never seen it lol). And then of course this causes spontaneous molecular distortion (sidenote, I love how Mr. Krabs is able to discern exactly what’s going on with all that scientific talk lmao, like since when did you study quantum mechanics Mr. Krabs?). I love how Mr. Krabs is like “yeah, this is definitely SpongeBob’s fault”. And then yay random explosion! Well, it’s not really random, but you get my gist. The ending of the episode is great as well, but honestly Mr. Krabs only has himself to blame. Clearly SpongeBob is resourced enough to get a giant laser beam, maybe don’t leave him alone in your restaurant???

I can’t tell if I like this episode or “SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget” more. I think the honor of best season 5 short to me goes to this one because I’m a sucker for over-the-top dramatization. I also think this episode spends its 4 minutes wisely, and really makes the episode feel longer than it is. But that’s not a knock on SVTPG, because that episode does the same thing, especially with its rhyming structure. But whatever the case, this episode is definitely a worthy member of my "Amazing" tier. It's just too good, and it also makes me desire more and more 4-minute episodes. Why did they do so many?

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Wow they made a simple idea enjoyable and fun! and funny! wow!
  1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. The Donut Of Shame (10/10)
  3. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  4. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  5. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  6. Spongebob Vs The Patty Gadget (9.5/10)
  7. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)
  8. The Krusty Sponge (9.5/10)
  9. Sing A Song Of Patrick (9.5/10)
  10. The Krusty Plate (9/10)
  11. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  12. New Digs (8.5/10)
  13. Night Light (8.5/10)
  14. Money talks (8.5/10)
  15. Breath Of Fresh Squidward (7.5/10)
  16. Slimy Dancing (5.5/10)
  17. The Original Fry Cook (4.5/10)
  18. Good Ol'Whatshisname (3.5/10)