088a. Money Talks

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
What could've been another awful "Mr. Krabs is greedy" episode was actually very funny and enjoyable.

8/10

This is a good episode. Like with Good Ol' Whatshisname, this episode isn't talked about very much, but unlike that episode this one actually had funny jokes and a decent storyline. It's far from the best episode ever, but it's good for what it is. It gets a pass from me

Highlight: "When was the last time you brushed your teeth?"

Ranking so far
1. Money Talks (B)
2. Boat Smarts (B)
3. Rise and Shine ( C )
4. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
5. Waiting (E)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Very underrated episode. I like how all the money want to have Mr. Krabs spend them on random stuff and there were many good jokes.

Amazing Episode (9/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is alright. There's nothing too special or anything, but there were some good jokes and I liked the plot. It did feel a little bland at times but that's not too much of an issue.

Decent episode (6/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Friend or Foe (8)
4. Krabs à La Mode (8)
5. New Digs (7)
6. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
7. Money Talks (6)
8. Night Light (5)
9. Boat Smarts (5)
10. Rise and Shine (5)
11. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
12. The Original Fry Cook (5)
13. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
14. To Love A Patty (3)
15. Waiting (3)
16. Fungus Among Us (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Bruh this episode is soooooooooooooooooooo darn stupid. The "If i could talk to Money" song was like the only good quality about this garbage. The episode was pretty bad. Nothing about it was funny.

Rating: Bad episode

Rankings:
Roller Cowards (Perfect)
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
Bucket Sweet Bucket (Great)
Krab a la Mode (Great)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Great)
Rise and Shine (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Money Talks (Bad)
To Love a Patty (Terrible)
Waiting (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "Money Talks"! I actually don't have very much to say about this episode lol. I also totally forgot it was a short (a 7-minute one, at least) until I rewatched it. And in general, I'd say this episode is a pretty enjoyable watch, but not a very...substantive one? Which is why I don't have much to say.

It takes a little bit for this beginning part of the episode to get moving, but I thought it was pretty funny and also horrible that Mr. Krabs kicked out the older duo for just $5. But hey, he sold SpongeBob’s soul for 62 cents, we been knew Mr. Krabs is unscrupulous. And I love how when Mr. Krabs is like “money talks”, SpongeBob’s yelling at the money like “what do you have against old people?!” that was pretty funny. I love how…innocent SpongeBob is in this episode. It makes his dynamic with Mr. Krabs work nicely, because I like when Mr. Krabs takes on a fatherly/instructional role like this.

I also love that we kinda have a little bit of continuity with Squidward being like “oh great” when Mr. Krabs starts to sing. Not necessarily continuity, but like joke continuity since he did something similar in “Selling Out”, I believe. Speaking of Mr. Krabs singing, I actually quite liked his song. Mr. Krabs songs are usually pretty good, having that whole pirate jig sound combined with a not too bad singing voice from Clancy Brown. Additionally, there were fun little gags in the song as well.

And then we get my boy The Flying Dutchman! Y’all know I love me some Flying Dutchman, and honestly his interactions with Mr. Krabs are always really fun. I love how The Flying Dutchman is both a random ghost but also our proxy for the devil lmao. And then I love how nonchalant Mr. Krabs is about selling his soul. The reveal at the very end of the episode that there’s a whole line of ghosts and demons waiting to get his soul, including SpongeBob is legitimately hilarious, and a great way to end the episode, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Now that the money starts talking, I love their attitude. And I love how we get a kinda repeat (but still hilarious) of an interaction we’ve seen before with SpongeBob worrying about Mr. Krabs, and Squidward worrying about his paycheck. I also kinda think it’s pretty great that this episode is against greed as the money is all like “spend us” lol. And I love how Mr. Krabs gives in to the demands basically immediately. Oop gorgeoys background alert! And this whole scene with Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob is hilarious, I love how Mr. Krabs has a moment of insanity (or clarity), but then instantly demands his money back.

And then we get the ending of this episode, which as I said earlier is hilarious. The way the Dutchman just pulls out an IOU is great, and the line just gets funnier and funnier as it goes on, especially once we get SpongeBob at the end. The fact that Mr. Krabs’ soul is apparently worth $5 is hilarious. One of my favorite episode endings for sure.

"Money Talks" is just a generally enjoyable episode. It's got some pretty great jokes throughout, and is an enjoyable episode to watch. A good contender for my "Great" tier, because while it doesn't have the wow factor needed to be in "Amazing", it also doesn't need to be in "Good".

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.7/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got "Money Talks"! I actually don't have very much to say about this episode lol. I also totally forgot it was a short (a 7-minute one, at least) until I rewatched it. And in general, I'd say this episode is a pretty enjoyable watch, but not a very...substantive one? Which is why I don't have much to say.

It takes a little bit for this beginning part of the episode to get moving, but I thought it was pretty funny and also horrible that Mr. Krabs kicked out the older duo for just $5. But hey, he sold SpongeBob’s soul for 62 cents, we been knew Mr. Krabs is unscrupulous. And I love how when Mr. Krabs is like “money talks”, SpongeBob’s yelling at the money like “what do you have against old people?!” that was pretty funny. I love how…innocent SpongeBob is in this episode. It makes his dynamic with Mr. Krabs work nicely, because I like when Mr. Krabs takes on a fatherly/instructional role like this.

I also love that we kinda have a little bit of continuity with Squidward being like “oh great” when Mr. Krabs starts to sing. Not necessarily continuity, but like joke continuity since he did something similar in “Selling Out”, I believe. Speaking of Mr. Krabs singing, I actually quite liked his song. Mr. Krabs songs are usually pretty good, having that whole pirate jig sound combined with a not too bad singing voice from Clancy Brown. Additionally, there were fun little gags in the song as well.

And then we get my boy The Flying Dutchman! Y’all know I love me some Flying Dutchman, and honestly his interactions with Mr. Krabs are always really fun. I love how The Flying Dutchman is both a random ghost but also our proxy for the devil lmao. And then I love how nonchalant Mr. Krabs is about selling his soul. The reveal at the very end of the episode that there’s a whole line of ghosts and demons waiting to get his soul, including SpongeBob is legitimately hilarious, and a great way to end the episode, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Now that the money starts talking, I love their attitude. And I love how we get a kinda repeat (but still hilarious) of an interaction we’ve seen before with SpongeBob worrying about Mr. Krabs, and Squidward worrying about his paycheck. I also kinda think it’s pretty great that this episode is against greed as the money is all like “spend us” lol. And I love how Mr. Krabs gives in to the demands basically immediately. Oop gorgeoys background alert! And this whole scene with Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob is hilarious, I love how Mr. Krabs has a moment of insanity (or clarity), but then instantly demands his money back.

And then we get the ending of this episode, which as I said earlier is hilarious. The way the Dutchman just pulls out an IOU is great, and the line just gets funnier and funnier as it goes on, especially once we get SpongeBob at the end. The fact that Mr. Krabs’ soul is apparently worth $5 is hilarious. One of my favorite episode endings for sure.

"Money Talks" is just a generally enjoyable episode. It's got some pretty great jokes throughout, and is an enjoyable episode to watch. A good contender for my "Great" tier, because while it doesn't have the wow factor needed to be in "Amazing", it also doesn't need to be in "Good".

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.7/10
i always mistake this with the episode where krabs marries money

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
it was good
8.5/10
  1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  3. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  4. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  5. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)