07b. Jellyfish Jam

PinkPearl

insert title here
ataeaf said:
2. I've heard in later airings the title card is skipped. Anyone who lives in the US can confirm this for me because I don't really want to wait for the episode to air to see for myself.
It aired here this afternoon and I didn't see a title card. I thought it was a mistake, but maybe not? o.o

Anyway. I don't quite get the hype for this episode, just because it's fairly dull. It has its moments, but I would have liked to see more action rather than just random music and dancing. I did enjoy the first dance though, especially when they're turning into various colors. 3/10

Best quote: "Squidward! Would you mind playing your clarinet a little....better? I don't think the jellyfish like it!"

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
People seriously find this episode overrated? It's one of the least talked about Season 1 episodes and I have to say, it's brilliant! The story is a nice one, the jokes it tells like the potty-training one are funny, Squidward was being a jerk to warrant his punishment and of course the music. Seriously Stadium Rave is one of the catchiest songs ever, sometimes me and my friend just hum it in class because it's so damn catchy!

10/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
I love this episode, I can't get enough of the song and there were many funny moments

Grade: A+

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: How could you possibly have fun with a jellyfish

Best Moment: The ending

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
The best episode of season 1 and one of my top 5 episodes of the series! The dance music here is awesome, the jellyfish antics are hilarious, and Squidwards bits are funny as well. So nostalgic too! (Maybe that's why I'm praising it so much lol)

5/5

This episode is pretty split for me. It's not my favorite, but it's not really that bad. I like it, but it could have been better.

Ranking so far:
1. Pickles (A+)
2. Pizza Delivery (A+)
3. Plankton! (A)
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
5. Help Wanted (A)
6. Boating School (B)
7. Bubblestand (B)
8. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
9. Hall Monitor (B)
10. Jellyfishing (B)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
12. Jellyfish Jam (C)
13. Tea at the Treedome (C)
14. Ripped Pants (C)
15. Reef Blower (C)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I really liked this one, great sound effects, and probably the best sound design up until Christmas Who or Scaredy Pants, very impressive for a good episode.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Definitely one of season 1's more memorable episodes for me. There are some pretty good jokes, and both the songs are pretty catchy. It was sort of boring in the middle, and the jellyfish were a little irritating, but there's really not much else to complain about with this episode. I found it to be a fairly enjoyable experience.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Plankton! (9)
3. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (9)
4. Help Wanted (9)
5. Pickles (8)
6. Hall Monitor (8)
7. Ripped Pants (8)
8. Jellyfish Jam (7)
9. Tea at the Treedome (7)
10. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
11. Boating School (7)
12. Bubblestand (7)
13. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
14. Reef Blower (6)
15. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
6.5/10

Boring at points, but worth it for some funny jokes and the catchy songs. The "Jelly Fish Jam" (not stadium rave) song has been stuck in my head ever since june of 2020 and I can't get it out of my head. Also, Squidward was pretty funny here. "TWELVE HOURS!" "EIGHTEEN HOURS!". Other than that this episode gets a little boring. The first half was boring, and the second half was pretty alright.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Jellyfish Jam: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
This ep may have a subtle lesson. That it's not always the best idea to have exotic or wild animals as pets. Squidward even says that the jellyfish is not a pet, but a wild animal. With the problems all the jellyfish cause, this could possibly represent the problems caused by having exotic/wild pets.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I really like this episode. I like the dance scene and the song at the end. 9.5/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
There were a couple of highlights here. But the humor wasnt very funny.

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Jellyfish Jam" is another episode that's extremely nostalgic for me for seemingly no reason. I believe this time it's because the song featured in the middle of the episode, Stadium Rave, was on the SpongeBob's Greatest Hits album, which I had downloaded when I was a kid.

I was about to say that this is another universally loved episode, but I decided to take a peek at some of the other reviews here, and nope, I was wrong! Honestly, I'm a little shocked. But maybe that's just bias speaking, because I really enjoy this episode. I think the episode starts hilariously with all the gimmicks of the jellyfish following SpongeBob home. And then of course, we have the iconic rave/dance party scene. And honestly, I'm with Squidward on this one. If my neighbors blasted rave music for 12 hours...let's just say I would be more than unhappy. The next part of this episode is where I can see that it may drag for some people, but for me the episode is good and engaging all the way through. The short-lived Squidward and jellyfish feud is just hilarious to me, as is the jellyfish dunking on SpongeBob. Also, I just love the ending of this episode because it's so random. I mean, Gary clicking his eyes and SpongeBob making a whole song out of it? Why not!

I really don't have all that much to say about this episode. It's fun, it's funny, and it's engaging. It features my favorite little snail Gary, which is always a win in my books. And it even has a lesson—don't bring wild animals home as pets. (Also, has anyone here seen Nope? This episode reminds me of that movie now haha)

When I did my season 1 review back in January, I put this episode in my "Great" tier, and I honestly don't know why, because I've always loved this episode. Well, I can remedy that now, by putting it where it belongs, in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

Back