04a. Naughty Nautical Neighbors

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Pretty great episode, a perfect early example of SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship as well as many funny early Squidward moments.

8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This episode is great...I laughed a lot in this episode...Squidward with the spoon, also funny lol , the ending...funny...everything about this is funny....10/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
One of Season 1s most funny episodes, there were a lot of funny moments here

Grade: A+

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: Patrick your glass is full

Best Moment: Spongebob playing the violin

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
This is the first (and I think the only) time we see SpongeBob and Patrick fight over something. The writers did a good job showing how desperate they both are to get Squidward to be their friend, while fighting over him at the same time.

Final episode rank: 8.7/10

Favorite scenes: Squidward chocking and when Patrick performs C.P.R

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
A really funny episode with the first time SpongeBob and Patrick have a disagreement with eachother.

There are some slow parts of this episode though, and not all the jokes work for me.

4/5

This episode isn't a staple, but it has a very interesting plot: Squidward making SpongeBob and Patrick frenemies (Yes, I'm calling them frenemies because they do become friends again in the ending). Squidward realizes that they're too annoying to be his buddies, he comes up with a scheme to get them to become friends, and he receives his comeuppance.

Airdate: August 7, 1999

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
I love this episode! It's a very creative plot: Patrick and SpongeBob becoming enemies. This episode is not hard on Squidward because it's his fault they became not friends in the first place. I love the scene where SpongeBob and Patrick are blowing bubbles in Squid's house. Favorite Character: Squidward. Favorite Quote: "Oh, ho-ho, so this is what I find, huh? My best friend and my ex-best friend and... (shown bath toys)…rubber bath toys!" 10/10.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
I cannot sing enough praise for this episode. It's my 5th favorite episode ever, and I love it to death! There are SO many funny parts (E Minor, SpongeBob literally crashing into Squidward, Patrick popping in out of nowhere and declaring Squidward likes him more than SpongeBob and getting the door shut on him, and the ending just to name a few ), Squid 100% deserves the karma he receives since he was a jerk at the start, and it's just a very sweet episode that brilliantly establishes the relationship between SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward. I honestly don't see what there is to dislike. It's just an absolute masterpiece from Season 1 and is an episode I could literally watch 1000 times.

11/10

This episode isn't talked about enough. It's an episode that is funny, has an interesting plot, and great execution. Pretty much the whole package.

Ranking so far:
1. Plankton! (A)
2. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
3. Help Wanted (A)
4. Bubblestand (B)
5. Jellyfishing (B)
6. Tea at the Treedome (C)
7. Ripped Pants (C)
8. Reef Blower (C)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Yeah I agree, really great episode with a really great story. Definitely should be talked about more, completely underrated. It all works with him bringing them against each other and then them trying to use him to against themselves.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
This episode's preety funny and I found myself somewhat engaged with the exacution of the story. But it's on the low side of Good, as some parts are boring, and the setup could've been better if it wasn't obvious
70/100 Good

Last edited:

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Could this be considered a Squid torture episode? I'm not really sure. Anyways, it does a much better job than Jellyfishing. The plot is really good, and the execution is great. All of the characters are written really well and have a part to play in the plot in some way. There's also some really good comedy in this one, like solitude in E-minor and the whole soda battle. This episode is just fun to watch in general, and is generally a pretty good sign you've made a pretty good episode.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Plankton! (9)
2. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (9)
3. Help Wanted (9)
4. Ripped Pants (8)
5. Tea at the Treedome (7)
6. Bubblestand (7)
7. Reef Blower (6)
8. Jellyfishing (5)

Last edited:

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
10/10

My FAVORITE of season 1. Plot is very good, is hilarious, and Squidward has his well deserved comeuppance. What I really love about this episode is how it turned what would be a super weak plot into a very, very, VERY good episode. This episode also does a better job at the SpongeBob and Patrick becoming enemies than other episodes, and I think that's really saying something. I also find it funny when Squidward was sending the mean message bubbles and disguising them as SpongeBob's/Patrick's message in a bubble, possibly my favorite part of the episode.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the TeaDome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

Back