187a. Don't Look Now

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SpongeBobFan64 said:
If you really want to know what this episode is about go watch the full episode. It's probably on Vimeo or Nick.com.
I have read the description about it, and it says Spongebob and Patrick go see a scary movie. But I havent got the chance to see it yet, because Im wondering if it will be bad or not.

Entriol

Bomb-Selling Pirate
So, I just watched this one, and I actually thought it was pretty good. If you ask me, it's almost like an improvement of One Coarse Meal. Think about it. A character has a fear, another character, fed up with something the other character does, decides to stalk that character with said fear. Except in this case, Squidward is Mr. Krabs, and Spongebob and Patrick is Plankton. If that's really what they were trying to do here, I have to give them some credit, they did a pretty good job. They didn't drive the character being tormented to suicide, the tormentor actually got punished for their actions, and no one, except debatably Spongebob was out-of-character here. Even if this wasn't what they were going for, this was still an entertaining episode on its own. The jokes were pretty funny, the visuals were amazing, I mean, just look at the moon in the background; and they managed to keep me thoroughly entertained throughout the entirety of the episode. If I have one gripe about this episode though, it has to be the ending. It sort of reminded me of A Pal For Gary. Squidward reveals himself to have been The Fisherman all along, and Spongebob thinks that The Fisherman is trying to eat Squidward. Seriously writers? Spongebob IS NOT STUPID. Meaning that he isn't oblivious of the obvious. Along with that, we get some really over-the-top squid abuse. Geez, maybe hit him on the head once or twice, you didn't have to go and hit him six times. However, putting the ending aside, this was a really good episode. Not the best of season 9, but it's still pretty high on my list. My final ranking is 8/10.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Fairly good episode. My only gripe with this one was the first half was kinda annoying as it was just Spongbob and Patrick screaming and being dumb for 6 minutes over a movie. I'm fine with them being scared but the first half was just an excuse for them to scream so they could eat up time and it really felt like filler, it's weird that in the second half there was probably LESS screaming and they thought they were going to die. Anyways there was a few funny bits mainly Squidward getting smashed by all the junk in Spongebobs house and normally I'm not for Squid "abuse" but he did deserve it here, although I do think him getting hauled away in an ambulance indicated that it was a tad more serious but that's a bit of a nitpick. The second half was fun to watch and I honestly wish it had more time to develop but the fist half ate up too much time. I did like the premise of this episode and I wish it had been done in say season 3 or 4 but oh well.
For a modern episode I give it a 6.5/10
It could have been a 7 if the first half wasn't just annoying filler.

Also there were some nice facial expressions here.
v6OjQcm.png

rtnA9zc.png

More

VIP
This episode was good, but wasn't too impressed.

9/10

Kerdem

Banished
Not Amazing As Seance Schemeance But Still Its a Great Episode And One Of My Favourites In Season 9 9,5/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Am I the only one who thinks this episode is REALLY overrated? I mean it's watchable but kinda annoying for like the first half though it was kinda funny seeing Squidward be able to get some payback. For that, I'd just give this a 6.5/10. Sorry. Plus I didn't really laugh that much watching this besides for a couple of times here and there.

If someone can tell me why they think this episode is so great, I'll happily give this one another chance and update my opinion but I just don't really care for this one that much.

Am I the only one who thinks this episode is REALLY overrated? I mean it's watchable but kinda annoying for like the first half though it was kinda funny seeing Squidward be able to get some payback. For that, I'd just give this a 6.5/10. Sorry. Plus I didn't really laugh that much watching this besides for a couple of times here and there.

If someone can tell me why they think this episode is so great, I'll happily give this one another chance and update my opinion but I just don't really care for this one that much.
Well, I really found SpongeBob and Patrick getting scared by Fisherman really hilarious, I loved Squidward dressing up like Fisherman and I loved how Squidward got karma at the end. I understand why you don't like this one. This episode isn't for everyone because some people can get annoyed by characters getting scared and screaming too much but I just find it really funny. It's okay If you don't like this one. Even Mr. Enter said this episode isn't good.

Supmandude

Squog
Anyone feel like there was a joke cut at the last second when Patrick is throwing everything on Squidward? The last two things he dropped were a bathtub filled with water and a toaster, you'd think that would obviously lead to Squidward getting electrocuted, but it didn't happen, it just awkwardly cut to a police siren.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Don't Look Now

This episode was pretty good. The plot was good. The so called "Squid Abuse" was kinda deserved here. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

AnimationCreated

*Trumpets Intensify*
This episode is so mixed in so many ways. Squidward tries to scare SpongeBob and Patrick to little reason, but at least he gets his commupance... a little too much. Though he does feel sorry for doing it. But the plot takes too long to start up. Uhh, I really don't know what to rate this episode...

PinkPearl

insert title here
I saw my first season 9 episode just moments ago, and I was pleasantly surprised given the typical quality of later episodes. Here are my thoughts on the two (rather predictable) common complaints:
1. Spongebob and Patrick's screaming. Sure, it was kind of annoying. But it wasn't over the top, which was good.
2. The Squid abuse. Well, at least it wasn't pointless. Squidward was kind of asking for it, with playing a mean joke and all, and Spongebob & Patrick were only trying to help him out. In fact, it seems more like Spongebob abuse than anything.

But as for the plot, it totally worked and I'm surprised something like this didn't happen in an earlier season. Ok, sure, they should have known it was Squidward but at the same time, his disguise was pretty decent and they're naive anyway, so what would you expect? Plus, the Gary appearance was pretty funny and it seemed like something he'd do. Overall I'd give this an 8/10.

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
Good Episode

But i just hate the underwear scene in this episode, that's truly disgusting

plus, I love this episode because there's a new clock tower in BB, More "City-ish"

9.5/10

Azu

Part Computer or Something
This episode was good but I didn't like the ending, it was too cruel. Why the writers hate Squidward so much?

Back