"The Pilot, A Mini-Movie and The SquareShorts" DVD

Invader Zim

Imitation Krab
Ling-Ling said:
And we all know the pilot :P
But as for the "Square Shorts", we don't know if it's Legends Of Bikini Bottom or the vacation specials.
which means that it's just re-releases.
But the Pilot that comes in DVD is the unaired one.
Here's the link to the intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQ8Ol31MWM

- Planktonsipssoda

OMG!! I want this DVD so badly!

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Planktonsipssoda said:
But the Pilot that comes in DVD is the unaired one.
Here's the link to the intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQ8Ol31MWM

- Planktonsipssoda

OMG!! I want this DVD so badly!
I wish. It's probably going to be the regular one, though.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
What an unusual collection. When I read "Square Shorts" my first thought was that they were going to release some of the fan-made shorts from that competition, but then I realized they actually mean the various shorts from the show. Since at the moment the only way to see them is online or scattered in the bonus features of various other releases it will be useful to have them all in one place.

The cover art looks fancy. Very neat and simple. It's an interesting and unique idea for a DVD until there is actually some new content to release.

More

VIP
Spongebob spookybob said:
Help wanted... Finally on dvd?... *squeals from joy*

But srsly i'm very happy
It was techically already on the Season 3 Boxset and The 10 Happiest Moments, but both were as bonus features, so I guess this'll be the first one officially.

Spongebob Griffbob

Moby Dollar
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
It was techically already on the Season 3 Boxset and The 10 Happiest Moments, but both were as bonus features, so I guess this'll be the first one officially.
You know what I find dumb? a season 1 episode that is not on 1 but on 3?

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Spongebob spookybob said:
You know what I find dumb? a season 1 episode that is not on 1 but on 3?
They legally couldn't include it on the Season 1 Box Set because when it was first released, copyright issues involving the song used in the episode prevented them from including the episode

As for the DVD itself, I'm definitely buying this :D

Furret24

Imitation Krab
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
The first time the pilot was officially on DVD was the Spongebob You're Fired DVD released earlier this year.

Supmandude

Squog
DinoandAllen said:
The first time the pilot was officially on DVD was the Spongebob You're Fired DVD released earlier this year.

No, it wasn't. It's on Season 3, The 10 Happiest Moments, and The First 100 Episodes, just like More_SpongeBob_Sandy said.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
More details:

In an official press release, Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Entertainment have officially announced the release of a special DVD collection set to coincide with the release of the new SpongeBob SquarePants Movie!

Titled SpongeBob SquarePants: The Pilot, A Mini Movie & The SquareShorts, the collection is described in the press release as follows:

“This DVD set is a collection of classic SpongeBob fun including the original pilot episode, the mini movie, “Truth Or Square,” and over 40 shorts filled with everyone’s favorite Bikini Bottom friends. Packed with content at a great price, this DVD set is perfect for long-time fans as well as new SpongeBob viewers.“

As stated in the above, This DVD will celebrate the release of the new film by taking it back to where it all started with the 12-minute 1999 pilot episode (amongst other things). Down below is a general description of what the DVD will contain:

“Help Wanted”
· Original SpongeBob SquarePants pilot episode from 1999
· Total run time: 12 Minutes

“Truth Or Square”
· SpongeBob SquarePants mini movie
· Total run time: 53 Minutes

The SquareShorts
· Over 40 SpongeBob SquarePants shorts including “SpongeBob’s Legendary Dance Party,” “Sandy’s Camera,” and “Jellyfishing Safety Tips.”
· Total run time: 33 Minutes

The DVD will be made available on January 6, 2015. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water will land in theaters February 6, 2015.

Back