What opinions did you have when you were younger

SneakyMcSneakyPants

Scary Mustache Guy
When I was 8, I hated Cephalopod Lodge with a burning passion. I still don’t like it, but I’ve mellowed towards it. I guess it’s less infuriating than A Pal For Gary (which I also hated when it came out)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I mean, you can easily find some old posts of mine on here, and I talk about these in my reviews all the time. When I was younger, I was very influenced by the negative discourse surrounding "modern" (read: seasons 6-8, and generally anything past the first 3) SpongeBob at the time. So I didn't like seasons 6-8 at all. My individual episode opinions I can't remember as well, other than I hated the infamous ones because everyone else did, even if I was kinda aware that I was in denial (like I was about "One Coarse Meal" or "Cephalopod Lodge").

I also used to dislike Pearl and Karen. Not very strongly, but it was still a general dislike. I like both now, and can definitively say that Patrick is my least favorite character (but I still like him too).

I also, regrettably, was right on the spin-off hate-train when they were announced, because I believed all the misinformation surrounding Stephen Hillenburg's thoughts on the spin-offs. Thankfully I have since seen the light, and also have seen the inherent disrespect in putting words into a dead man's mouth.

Kold Pizza

Part Computer or Something
Many of the SpongeBob episodes from seasons 6-9a were my least favorite episodes and I despised them for years; episodes like Cephalopod Lodge, The Splinter, Sun Bleached, Choir Boys, Stuck in the Wringer, One Coarse Meal, Someone’s in the Kitchen with Sandy, A Pal for Gary, Sponge-Cano, Pet Sitter Pat, Demolition Doofus, Are You Happy Now, Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom, Little Yellow Book, and SpongeBob You’re Fired are the ones in particular I very much disliked. Nowadays, I still don’t like these episodes, but I kind of mellowed out on them. When I was younger, I couldn’t stand the sight of these episodes or I didn’t even want to think about them. While I’m not a fan of them today, I will say that even episodes like those had some scenes that were not necessarily that bad. I still consider seasons 6-9a the weakest era of SpongeBob but if you forced me to watch a marathon of the episodes from that era, I won’t mind taking on the challenge.

Sponge64

New Kelp City's Mayor
I never hated a single SpongeBob episode back then. Pretty sure my autism was so much worse back then than it is now. Now, I have to squint my eyes viewing some episodes, but I still like some of the ones people consider bad. Pet Sitter Pat is one we can all agree with, though. Screw that episode.

Neon2500

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I used to think Opposite Day was one of season 1’s best. Now I just think it’s an average episode and I even think it set the precedent for Squidward torture eps later on.

I used to find “Gary in Love” worse than “One Coarse Meal”

I thought I’m Your Biggest Fanatic seemed more like a Nick Jr. show lol

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I used to think Opposite Day was one of season 1’s best. Now I just think it’s an average episode and I even think it set the precedent for Squidward torture eps later on.

I used to find “Gary in Love” worse than “One Coarse Meal”

I thought I’m Your Biggest Fanatic seemed more like a Nick Jr. show lol
Imo I still love Opposite Day iryo though

I actually hated Gary in Love as a kid now I think it's meh

Lol

Back