Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Many of these will be controversial, but I have plenty of them that I've developed over the years since I've last used this thread.

- Season 13 is the worst season of the whole show
- The best art styles the show has ever had were Seasons 4 and 9B
- Sponge On the Run is a bad movie
- Season 9B holds up with the pre-movie seasons (and season 4 imo)
- The Hankering is actually a decently good episode, and it's one of my favorites of Season 12 (which I also don't think is great tbf)
- Goodbye Krabby Patty would make a great series finale
- The My Leg episode ruined the running gag and it's not funny anymore
- Season 1 is overrated with many episodes being a low-tier "good" imo which isn't a lot compared to Seasons 2 - 4
- The SpongeBob Musical is honestly not that good
- I would rather watch Pet Sitter Pat, Yours, Mine & Mine, Demolition Doofus, and One Coarse Meal than most of Season 13

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Many of these will be controversial, but I have plenty of them that I've developed over the years since I've last used this thread.

- Season 13 is the worst season of the whole show
- The best art styles the show has ever had were Seasons 4 and 9B
- Sponge On the Run is a bad movie
- Season 9B holds up with the pre-movie seasons (and season 4 imo)
- The Hankering is actually a decently good episode, and it's one of my favorites of Season 12 (which I also don't think is great tbf)
- Goodbye Krabby Patty would make a great series finale
- Season 1 is overrated with many episodes being a low-tier "good" imo which isn't a lot compared to Seasons 2 - 4
- The SpongeBob Musical is honestly not that good
- I would rather watch Pet Sitter Pat, Yours, Mine & Mine, Demolition Doofus, and One Coarse Meal than most of Season 13
I agree with pretty much EVERYTHING on here, except personally I think Season 13 is just meh. But yes, GKP would make a great series finale, and I agree with your other opinions here as well. :sbjazz:

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
I don't like Larry the Lobster because of the very worst, disturbing and awful episode - Pet or Pests

He even doesn't remember SpongeBob even though they both are friends in other episodes! and yes, the horrible part where Larry almost ate the worm babies! WTF! :dyah:

Yoshi

Giant Clam
Cheekbob fits SpongeBob more than normal cheeks

- Season 13 is the worst season of the whole show Disagree
- The best art styles the show has ever had were Seasons 4 and 9B Disagree
- Sponge On the Run is a bad movie Disagree
- Season 9B holds up with the pre-movie seasons (and season 4 imo) Agree
- The Hankering is actually a decently good episode, and it's one of my favorites of Season 12 Agree (which I also don't think is great tbf) Disagree
- Goodbye Krabby Patty would make a great series finale Agree
- The My Leg episode ruined the running gag and it's not funny anymore Disagree
- Season 1 is overrated with many episodes being a low-tier "good" imo which isn't a lot compared to Seasons 2 - 4 Disagree
- The SpongeBob Musical is honestly not that good Disagree
- I would rather watch Pet Sitter Pat, Yours, Mine & Mine, Demolition Doofus, and One Coarse Meal than most of Season 13 Disagree, although all those are good

I've honestly stopped caring about any new Spongebob episodes, spin-offs, or whatever since Stephen Hillenburg died. It might be good, it might be bad, but I'm not going out of my way for it. Maybe that will change someday, but for the time being I've just stopped caring. I still have the same love for the older seasons and movies, and I will continue to.
-The best art styles the show has ever had were Seasons 4 and 9B
Season 4 has a radically different artsyle (and style/tone in general) than anything that came before or after. I don't think 5-9 is the best artsyle, it's too "stiff" looking I guess. But I must admit I like it better than the overly expressive new style.
Agree.
Slightly agree

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Pearl is not a whiny spoiled brat. Pearl has been my favourite character ever since childhood, and while I may act like Sandy now, I headcanon Pearl to like the same things that I do, and she's never stopped being my favourite.

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
Spongehenge is actually a pretty good episode. It's a good example of the writers stepping out of the box. If it was part of the Legends of Bikini Bottom people would tolerate it much more.
I am sure people would hate it regardless the Legends Of Bikini Bottom episodes already aren’t liked that much except for The Bikini Bottom Triangle

Back