the possibility of parallel universes

Frozo

Floating Shopping List
since the "mandela effect" phenomenon continues to gain popularity fairly rapidly, now's a good time to discuss parallel universes. my nerdiness has no limits, so i might ramble on for a bit

The Mandela Effect is a theory of parallel universes, based in the idea that because large groups of people have similar alternative memories about past events. Advocates of the theory claim that for these collective experiences to be true, the fabric of reality must have shifted at some point in the past, and that therefore not only do parallel, inhabitable universes exist, but that we are constantly switching between them.
what if the mandela effect is similar to the game telephone? overtime generations of families hear a name or phrase differently; therefore they tell it to others that same way? and even if it isn't entirely correct, we continue to grow up hearing and therefore believing it to be just that.

that seems like a logical non-paranormal explanation for at least part of it, although i still think it is possible that we live in a multiverse. just not the type of multiverse that we see in sci-fi. the 10 dimensions theory is worth researching.

thoughts?

BooBooKeys

Arcade Mod
if there are parallel universes that cause different effects does that mean in one universe i married your mom and had children?

a_load_of_barnacles

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Very fascinating stuff. My stance is I believe for a fact of the existence of at least 4 dimensions or even more, with every millisecond and smaller just another point on the fourth (time), and possibly whole other universes on the 5th. But switching between them, ehh I don't really think so. Also, has someone been watching AVGN?

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
There´s no such thing as Parallel Universes, the Mandela Effect is an internet conspiracy theory, if there was parallel universes they would been discovered a long time ago...

Sorry to be the rain in the parade, but for me that´s not true.

Supmandude

Squog
There´s no such thing as Parallel Universes, the Mandela Effect is an internet conspiracy theory, if there was parallel universes they would been discovered a long time ago...

How would we have found other universes by now when we haven't even been on another planet yet?!

Bugs Bunny

That Screwy Wabbit
I think it's certainly possible there are alternate dimensions, however, I don't think the Mandela Effect is a good case of proof they exist. I mean, why isn't our world having major alterations if the Mandela Effect is true?

On the other hand, we've had discoveries of weird artifacts, as well as theories about dreams and deja vu! Obviously, none of this is evidence and are all just cool and fun theories about our universe. My point is we shouldn't throw away the concept, when we may never know the truth!

I like to think that whenever we make some decision and that changes something in our lives, that kind of creates a universe. Although that also means that there's always a universe being created in all moments we make a decision, so the number of universe must be infinite if that's true.

I really like the idea of paralel/alternative universes. It's such a crazy idea that you can come up with so many different ideas.

jumping to another universe isn't as easy as you think. You need such a massive power to actually travel in between universes. Thinking it would have been found a long time ago, you mean times when we just land on the Moon, sounds bizzarre.

Back