The Bikini Atoll island in the new intro looks awfully similar to "We Gotta Get SpongeBob Back".

kev

innit
9D6ijQi.jpg

aJVGaZU.jpg

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I think it looks fine, I don't like it that much, but it's fine. I think the reason why it's in CGI is because it would be a lot of work to go to Bikini Atoll just to shoot 2 seconds of video, and I don't think it's safe in the area because of all the nuclear radiation.

I think it looks fine, I don't like it that much, but it's fine. I think the reason why it's in CGI is because it would be a lot of work to go to Bikini Atoll just to shoot 2 seconds of video, and I don't think it's safe in the area because of all the nuclear radiation.

I thought it was just a miniature replica of an island.

Supmandude

Squog
Invincibubble said:
Doowop said:
I thought it was just a miniature replica of an island.
Yeah, it's just a little prop that was filmed in a bath tub. It'd probably be cheaper to re-film it than to get a CG model.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Krystalite said:
Are they trying to lower down the budget? After all, CGI effects are way more common in animation nowadays.
I'm guessing that they initially wanted to re-film it but they couldn't find the original island prop, and due to time they had to try to replicate it digitally. Honestly I don't think it would've costed much more to film a small prop in a swimming pool (or was it a bath tub?).

Back