Seasons 1 & 2 Remastered Onto Blu-Ray?

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Probably a fake listing. There's been a Simpsons season 1 Blu-Ray listed on Amazon since 2008.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
BenPaz said:
Now let's ask vincent

EDIT 1:
https://twitter.com/BenTheUltimate1/status/882618599038476292

Here's the link to wait and see

EDIT 2:
If you want my honest opinion about this, i doubt this is real. That aspect ratio is used for every film on that site and I doubt they can actually remaster it. The show was made in 4:3. If they were to remaster it, it would look stretched out and stuff.
I wouldn't say Vincent, the connection between fans and every SpongeBob secret is really in this department. You could try, but I'd mostly think of it in a situation like SpongeTrix: Reloaded or anything. My bets would say that these are fan listings if Nickelodeon DVD is not early in the making of a major SpongeBob collection update.

Surprisingly, I've seen several different shows, including oldies in 4:3 SD on Blu-Rays. Does it do anything for storage, sound, special features?

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
BatteryMill said:
Surprisingly, I've seen several different shows, including oldies in 4:3 SD on Blu-Rays. Does it do anything for storage, sound, special features?
It would probably get it a new remastered sound thing. A bluray (25 GB) can literally hold almost 5 times the storage of a DVD (4.7-4.8 GB). Spongebob S1 and S2 were on 3 DVDs each. However with this hypothetical release each season would be 1 disc. They would either hold more special features to fully use the disc or just be lazy and have cleaner looking masters.

So a bluray release of season 1 and 2 would actually give benefits.

DigitalDeathstraction

Shut up, bird.
BenPaz said:
It would probably get it a new remastered sound thing. A bluray (25 GB) can literally hold almost 5 times the storage of a DVD (4.7-4.8 GB). Spongebob S1 and S2 were on 3 DVDs each. However with this hypothetical release each season would be 1 disc. They would either hold more special features to fully use the disc or just be lazy and have cleaner looking masters.

cant you just rescan the film reels in a higher resolution

thats usually how a remaster is done for older SD movies

CarlosTankEngineBoi

Moby Dollar

But then there’s also the option of adding special features on a separate disc or find a way to have both clearer looking masters and special features on the same discs like with DVD

Back