Official Browser Debate

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Internet Explorer - everything is there for you...who gives a poop about spyware...there are these programs you can use to get rid of it :lol: They can improve by getting tabbed windows. :lol: At least it has a pop-up blocker ^^
Mozilla Firefox - Great browser with TABBED windows...and a pop-up blocker...doesnt include everything you see like IE does

If there are browsers missing...please tell me

Abby

Floating Shopping List
Firefox. It's been getting on my nerves though because it takes forever to get my Yahoo! Launch videos :lol: But it keeps away pop-ups, spyware and everything. Besides, it has the little thing on the corner for looking up words in the online dictionary, very convenient.

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Safari, hands down. It has everything. Not the kind of everything ssj said, but the real everything. There are a few good ones out there, but nothing compares.

MasterPatricko

Moby Dollar
Firefox: speed advantages, no ActiveX --> more secure
OPEN SOURCE = big advantage
EXTENSIONS = HUGE advantage. Extensions are amazingly great - you can do anything!

Firefox 1.1 looks like it's going to be good - built in SVG support sounds awesome.

Mozilla is a mail/browser/chat all-in-one. Firefox is basically the browser part of Mozilla separated and improved a whole lot. Mozilla is a bit too big and slow for me.

Opera- ads - unless you pay. Who wants to pay for a browser anyway?

And Netscape is based on Firefox anyway. And it's made by AOL. Smells of bloatware too.

Safari is great. But it's Mac only!

Therefore Firefox all the way.

Back