New information about old episode airdates (did we get Season 2 WRONG?)

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
NickAndMore has made its own episode guide for SpongeBob episodes, adding when in the day they aired, and if it was during a special event or block, which I think can be very useful for other Nick historians. However, most of the information about when Season 2 episodes aired is rather different from how it’s previously been recorded on the internet.
Almost the entirety of Season 2‘s airing order here is based on the earliest known discussion of the episodes, as well as how Nickelodeon dates them on iTunes, the latter of which I thought was accidentally going by the Canadian airdates or something. Going by this system however, it seems almost all of the season’s previously documented airdates are several weeks earlier than reality, and the Season 1 finale Hooky/MMBB 2 aired in March 3rd 2001, meaning that not even Season 1 aired in less than a year, or in a real self-contained season!

If you older forum-dwellers have any evidence that these episodes premiered as early as we’d thought for the longest time, indeed did air on these new dates, or perhaps even later than what this revised information says, this would be vital to NickAndMore’s research. It’ll be good to get more solid facts about SpongeBob’s history, and these new airdates and their final verification measures will be a massive step forward.
E5458A7A-CF8A-4960-A37E-946B4067FFF7.gif

CDCB

Baby Clam
I've done a lot of heavy research on the matter, as you can see in this thread on ESB. There are multiple forum posts on an old SpongeBob fansite where they talk (very excitedly) about the majority of Season 2's rollout happening in 2001.

This is further supported by recordings I've obtained of the original premieres for episodes like "Your Shoe's Untied / Squid's Day Off" which was very clearly taped on the date claimed in the above thread. This itself is supported by the Nick logo in the lower right corner -- which was first used in February 2001, not October 2000 -- as well as multiple commercials that would clearly place this broadcast in February, such as a President's Day event.

After months of endless research on these, I can say with full confidence that the dates claimed on ESB are accurate to the best available information at this time. As a passionate archivist of old Nickelodeon broadcasts, I will continue to acquire and hopefully continue to confirm or debunk through existing recordings when these episodes truly premiered.

latest

Back