Is Sandy Smart as People Think She Is?

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
I started this topic to have a little discussion with the "smartest character" in Bikini Bottom, Sandy Cheeks. During the course of SpongeBob SquarePants, I've notice that Sandy really isn't the brightest character in the show and has done things that makes me wonder, is she really that smart that she claims to be?

So what are your opinions on this subject matter? I will try to be positive with your replies, but I might disagree on some things.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
attachicon.gif
IMG_6931.PNG

All taken care of. :)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
She is in a way. She has knowledge of oversea life that everyone else just doesn't. This by default gives her extra nuance because no one else can really get the first-hand information she has.

ChrissyTheSquirrel

Imitation Krab
She probably is. The only two characters I can think of that are arguably around her level are Plankton (who's much, much more lacking in common sense than her) and Karen. Sandy does make ignorant mistakes, but not close to the level of anyone else. I actually want to see more faults in her character- it'd make her more interesting.

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
jack_of_all_traids said:
I'm really not sure. On the one hand she does seem to know a lot about science. Then again, so does Plankton. But she also does have her dumb moments, along with every other character in the show.
Sorry If I'm replying to your comment a little late. I haven't been on this page in about 2 months.

She does know a lot about science and invention building, but I don't see more of that into her character. If they happen to give Sandy a job as an inventor and sells her inventions to the public, that will give her more character.

All of her inventions has only been for her usage only and not to the public which makes me wonder, what does Sandy do for a living if she has no job?
ChrissyTheSquirrel said:
She probably is. The only two characters I can think of that are arguably around her level are Plankton (who's much, much more lacking in common sense than her) and Karen. Sandy does make ignorant mistakes, but not close to the level of anyone else. I actually want to see more faults in her character- it'd make her more interesting.
That's why I love discussing about Sandy more than any other SpongeBob character. Her making mistakes is what keeps me wanting more Sandy episodes, is because she makes those mistakes and I would always poke fun of those mistakes. Not to be taken serious that is.

Back