Nickelodeon Four Paramount+ originals have been axed

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
This NickALive! article has confirmed that "four Paramount+ originals — Star Trek: Prodigy, Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies, The Game, and Queen of the Universe — have been canceled by the streaming service and are set to be removed as the streamer prepares to merge with Showtime, TheWrap is reporting."

I think these shows may have gotten the Fairly Odder treatment.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
This NickALive! article has confirmed that "four Paramount+ originals — Star Trek: Prodigy, Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies, The Game, and Queen of the Universe — have been canceled by the streaming service and are set to be removed as the streamer prepares to merge with Showtime, TheWrap is reporting."

I think these shows may have gotten the Fairly Odder treatment.
I actually watched Star Trek: Prodigy and I thought it was pretty good. I heard they were doing a second season of the series and they were shopping it to other networks/streaming services.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
I actually watched Star Trek: Prodigy and I thought it was pretty good. I heard they were doing a second season of the series and they were shopping it to other networks/streaming services.
That is mentioned in the article:
According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, although Star Trek: Prodigy had aired on Nickelodeon in addition to Paramount+, it will not be returning to Nickelodeon - which has still to air the remaining episodes of season one - either, reports Variety. Those on the show will complete post-production on Season 2 and then CBS Studios will be free to shop it to other outlets.

TiredandFeathered

Earl’s Revenge
Fairly Odder went unannounced and it got garbage ratings on linear TV, I guess it was that much of a flop, so at that moment I guess they decided to end it.

These I guess were definitely planned. I'm surprised the Grease show got canned that quick, it was advertised pretty consistently on television and I think it only came out like two months ago

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
I found more information about the merger taken from Showtime's Wikipedia article:
On January 30, 2023, Paramount announced plans to fully integrate the Showtime service with the premium tier of the Paramount+ streaming service; the combined service will be branded as Paramount+ with Showtime, replacing a steaming bundle of the same name that launched in mid-2022. The merger will take place on June 27, 2023. In addition, the Showtime app will be shut down by the end of this year.
The merger will take place the day "Arbor Day Disarray" premieres.

Back