Does the episode deserve its hate or not?

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Hi guys. There are many Spongebob episodes which get hate by the fans. I am gonna list most of the episodes I found much hate and each of us is going to say if this episodes deservers the hate it gets or not. Yes=deserves the hate, No= does not deserve the hate.

The list by seasons:
Season 1:
Squeaky Boots - No
I Was a Teenage Gary - No.
Season 2:
Dumped - No. It is my least favorite season 2 episode after Your Shoe's Untied but it is still bot bad for me.
I'm With Stupid - No. I like it. Really like it.
Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants- No. It is very nice episode.
The Great Snail Race- No. Except to Spongebob it is very good episode for me.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - No. Better than Party Pooper Pants, less good than Ugh, good in general.
Season 4:
Good neighbord - No. It was in my top 5 episodes when I was young. Now it is not in my top but I still find it pretty nice.
All That Glitters-Yes. I have hated it since I was young and I did not change. Bad episde.
The Thing- I hated it very much when I was young. I rewatched it around 2 years ago and it was really nice. I don't know what I would think about it if I rewatch it now, but because I liked it in the last time watching it, I would say No for now. Maybe if I rewatch it I will say Yes.
Squid Woods -No. I have no Idea why people hate it.
Season 5:
Waiting - Yes. Spongebob is awful in this short episode.
Fungus Amoung Us- No. It is not as good as Suds, but I still like it and do not know why people hate it so much.
Boat Smarts - I do not really remember it well, but according to my memory it gets Yes. But I will rewatch it soon.
To Love a Patty- like The Thing, it is an episode which I hated it so much as a young, but after rewatching it around 2 years ago it was better. The song is very nice. But it is still not good episode, even tought it's better after rewatching it. I would say it deserves hate.
Atlantic Squarepants- I watched it around 7 years ago and did not rewatched it ever. I do not really remember it. I remember it was nice, but that's it. I have no answer here.
WhoBob WhatPants? - No. It is not good episode but also not bad episode for me. There are some funny parts, such as when Patrick thinks Spongebob is stuck in the newspapers or when Squideard ruined the tools which can locate Spongebob. The beginning is bad because everyone is angry at Spongebob, but the rest if fine for me. So I say No.
SpongeHenge- Yes. I have never understood what is going on in this boring and complicated episode.
Season 6:
The Splinter - Yes. As a young i did not hate is nor like it. but now as a little bit older I do not like it at all. Bad episde.
Slide Whistle Stooges - No. This episode it pretty nice.
Giant Squidward- Yes. Everything is bad
No Nose Knows- Yes! The same with its sister episode.
Boating Buddies- As a kid I really liked this episodes. Now I do not like it at all. It is very bad episode despite two funny moments which are when Mrs. Puff says "your too?" and when the other student recorded Squidward saying he doen't need Spongebob's help. So Yes.
Choir Boys- again, as a kid I liked it, but not now. It is nice, no more and no less. So No.
The Card- Yes. Patrick is very annoying in this episode.
Cephalopod Lodge- No. Yes, it is a Squidward torture episode, but at least here Spongebob and Patrick try to help Squidward.
Squid's Visit- again, as a kid I liked it. Now it is meh.
Pet or Pests - Yes. I haven't watched it for long time, but it is very boring.
Guillible Pants- Yes. Stupid, disguisting, boring episode.
Truth or Square - Yes. I like only the songs and the flashbacks. The rest is boring and not clear.
Pineapple Fever- Yes. There is only one funny moment and that's it.
The Clash of Triton - No. It is nice special.
Season 7:
Stuck in the Wringer- Yes. Patrick. Townspeople.
SITKWS- Yes. Boring and Imitiation Krabs 2 but not close to its quality.
A Pal for Gary - Yes. Spongebob! What the hell is wrong with you? How can you blame Gary??
Yours, Mine and Mine- again Patrick. What a dumbass and bad friend.
One Coarse Meal- Yes. Mr Krabs, are you serious? You LAUGHT while Plankton is SCARED??
Rodeo Daze- No. It not bad, it is just meh.
The Cent of Money- Yes. Mr Krabs tortures Gary just for his greed.
Trenchbillies- Yes. Boring!
Hide and Then What Happens? Yes. Other boring episode.
Season 8:
Pet Sitter Pat - Yes. It is not good episode. Not that bad as people say, but still not good one.
Smooth Jazz at Bikini Bottom - I do not really remember it. I just remember it was nice.
Face Freeze - No. I like it tbh.
Demolition Doofus- Yes. Mrs. Puff tries to kill Spongebob. It's good reason why it is a bad episode.
Season 9:
Squid Baby- Yes. Bad episode.
Little Yellow Book - Yes. Squidward tortures Spongebob. It has some nice memes but that's it.
Spongebob Your'e Fired - Yes. I can't find any good things in this episode.
Season 11:
Cuddle E. Hugs- Yes. What a creepy episode.
Ink Lemonade- YES YES YES! The worst episode ever.
Season 12:
The Nitwitting- Yes. Stupid episode.

What is your opinion about it? I would be glad to hear!

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
I like most of the pre-movie episodes, but Party Pooper Pants deserves hate. SpongeBob is so unlikable and out of character in the episode that I hate it, so does my shadow self Yuuki.

Sometimes, a small part of the episode can make it bad. Like House Fancy and its gruesome toenail scene, as well as (I don't know if anyone else has this problem) the gosh darn slow motion scene in Bubble Buddy. They're fine episodes, but those parts just ruined them, so they're Meh.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Season 1:
Squeaky Boots - Hell no. This is one of my favorite season 1 episodes.
I Was a Teenage Gary - No, another great one.

Season 2:
Dumped - No. Not one of my favorites, but still good.
I'm With Stupid - No. Patrick is pretty mean, but still in a hilariously oblivious way.

Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants- No, even though it is my least favorite pre-movie episode.
The Great Snail Race- No. Despite how pushy SpongeBob is towards Gary, I still found it hilarious. The race scene where Gary falls apart like a robot killed me.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - No. A very underrated special.

Season 4:
Good Neighbors - No. I can see why people hate it, and it does go a little bit far, but it also has some very memorable jokes.
All That Glitters - No, although I'm sure I'm pretty much the only one who likes it, haha. It's got such a uniquely surreal tone it's entertaining.
The Thing- No, even though the Squid abuse is a little worse than Good Neighbors.
Squid Wood -No. My least favorite from season 4, but still decent.

Season 5:
Waiting - No. In fact, I like this one the most from the episode.
Fungus Amoung Us- I go 50/50 here. It does deserve criticism for its heavy reliance on grossout humor and is my least favorite episode from season 5, but it does have a few chuckles and is not the grossest grossout episode. I will say no, but this is one of the more understandably infamous entries.
Boat Smarts - No. People take SpongeBob's behavior in it too seriously, and as long as the Squid torture is clever I dont mind it.
To Love a Patty- No. It's a guilty pleasure due to how weird it is, but still wouldn't call it good.
Atlantic Squarepants- Not quite, but it really wastes a lot from its potential.
WhoBob WhatPants? - No. Just okay, but not bad.
SpongeHenge- No. Just like All That Glitters, I like the surreal atmosphere.

Season 6:
The Splinter - Been a long time since I saw it, but gonna say yes.
No Nose Knows- Never seen. Also, I thought most people liked it.
Choir Boys- Never seen, but looks terrible.

Season 7:

SITKWS- YES.
One Coarse Meal- YES!!!
Trenchbillies- Yes. It's boring and stupid.

Season 8:

Face Freeze - Yes. Stupid faces by themselves are not funny. Also, the faces are more disturbing than funny.

Season 9:
Squid Baby- Have seen, but need to rewatch. I remember finding it fine, but don't trust my old opinion.

Last edited:

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
My thoughts:
Season 1:
Squeaky Boots - No. This is a good episode.
I Was a Teenage Gary - Yes. Terrible pacing, barely any jokes, and the bad ending where everyone gets turned into snails makes this a ScumBob episode, and it's in my bottom 25.

Season 2:
Dumped - No. Not one of the best of the season, but is still a low good.
I'm With Stupid - No. One of the more underrated episodes of the first three seasons.

Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants- No, it's not too bad. Just OK in my opinion.
The Great Snail Race- Not really...although it's kinda hard to decide. SpongeBob was pretty mean to Gary in the first half, but there are many jokes in the episode, like the raw eggs one.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - No. VERY underrated! In the top 5 of Season 3.

Season 4:
Good Neighbors - Yes. This episode is nothing but Squid Torture all 11 minutes. It gets to the point where you start hating SpongeBob and Patrick by the end, and there were almost no jokes in the entire episode other than if you count the torture being done to Squidward.
All That Glitters - No, this is a meh episode for me.
The Thing- No. This was another hard decision, because this episode contained a lot of Squid Torture. However, the episode actually varies the Squidward Torture, and there were many funny moments. The climax and the ending are pretty good as well, as SpongeBob and Patrick help Squidward escape the zoo.
Squid Wood -No. My least favorite from season 4, but still decent.

Season 5:
Waiting - No. This is a pretty good episode.
Fungus Among Us- Yes. This is the most gross SpongeBob episode ever made.
Boat Smarts - No. The Squid torture is funny and there is a lot of humor packed into this short.
To Love a Patty- Yes. Why does this episode exist?
Atlantis SquarePantis- No. The songs were okay, but there are a lot of funny moments in the episode.
WhoBob WhatPants? - No. Just okay, but not bad.
SpongeHenge- No. It's funny.

Season 6:
The Splinter - Yes.
No Nose Knows- No. It's a decent episode, but it could be improved.
Choir Boys- NO. Another episode that doesn't deserve its hate. There's Squid torture in there, but it's also funny.

Season 7:

SITKWS- YES.
One Coarse Meal- YES.
Trench Billies- NO! Another overrated episode. There are so many funny aspects of the episode, and the ending was especially funny.

Season 8:

Face Freeze - Yes. 100% stupid faces, nothing else.

Season 9:
Little Yellow Book- No. Squidward gets what he deserves in the end, and there are plenty of jokes. (Mocking SpongeBob)
Squid Baby- Not really. I think it's meh.

I added these next few seasons:

Season 10:
House Worming- No. Although Richard Pursel, the worst writer IMO, came back for this episode, it's still decent and the short ("Clam Up") was funny as well.

Season 11:
Krabby Patty Creature Feature- No, this episode is okay. The weird faces at the beginning was useless, but everything else is fine.
Bunny Hunt- Definitely not. Despite some Squid Torture, this one is the funniest of all the episodes listed here.
Cuddle E. Hugs- Yes. It is strange, disgusting, and weird.
Pat the Horse- No. Patrick deciding to be a horse was random, but also funny. The race scenes are also exciting in my opinion.
INK LEMONADE- YES. Definitely yes.
Squirrel Jelly- Yes. Sandy's competitive nature on steroids in this episode makes it infuriating and unwatchable.

Season 12:
The Nitwitting- Yes. The spit jar scene was disgusting, and the rest of the episode was...just bad.
SpongeBob's Bad Habit- Yes. SpongeBob biting his nails almost the entire episode was just gross, and it's also very boring.

(This took forever)

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Me and Yuuki's opinions:

Season 1
Squeaky Boots - It's a good episode. (Yuuki:) I could see why some hate it, what with the constant squeaking, but for me, it's a standout in Season 1 and one of the most memorable episodes. Plus, it introduces Pearl!
IWATG - I never got why people hated this episode... (Yuuki:) Squidward gets his comeuppance for neglecting Gary and turning Spongey into a snail at the end, when he gets injected with snail plasma. It's also a nostalgic episode to me, as it and Scaredy Pants were the first episodes I ever watched, all the way back in 1999.

Season 2
Dumped - I actually liked it... (Yuuki:) Patrick gets his comeuppance for acting like a jerk to SpongeBob at the end, when Gary abandons him and goes back to SpongeBob. I also liked "Daytime Drama," it's one of the best SpongeBob APMs!
I'm With Stupid - The laughing part always made me laugh. (Yuuki:) It's not that bad. There are a lot of solid gags, but I do wish Patrick had some sort of comeuppance for torturing SpongeBob throughout the episode.

Season 3
Party Pooper Pants - Yeah. (Yuuki:) SpongeBob plans the party down to every exact detail, and even getting his comeuppance doesn't satiate how ANGRY it made me as a kid! You're a young sponge, allow people to do what they want!
The Great Snail Race - I had toys based on this episode as a kid, so no. (Yuuki:) SpongeBob gets what he deserved when Sandy kicks him in the butt, and he does apologize to Gary. Even then, I was insulted by the "calling Gary a girl to humiliate and demean him" line, because I am a girl.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - I thought it was funny, especially the "Joe Mama" gag. (Yuuki:) Sorry, Shinobu, but the townspeople are jerks here. I used to be okay with this episode unlike Party Pooper Pants, but as I got older, I realized that this is a SpongeBob Torture episode and I HATE IT. The songs are funny, though. And the "SpongeBob betrayed us!" gag is exactly how I felt when seasons 6-8 came along.

Season 4
Good Neighbors - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Totally. SpongeBob and Pat torture Squidward who just wants to go about his Sunday. And they freaking turn his house into a mecha! At least they do apologize, but that's not enough to make up for it.
All That Glitters - ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD. Oh, sorry, yeah, it's bad. (Yuuki:) The opening is just SpongeBob crying repeatedly, and the rest is just SpongeBob torture. I did find the Dr. Actor joke funny, though.
The Thing - My mom hates this one, because she feels bad for Squidward. (Yuuki:) Actually... this one isn't that bad. SpongeBob and Pat do try to help Squidward escape, and Squidward gets to be on stage with Kelpy G at the end. Would call it a "Meh."
Squid Wood - I used to like this episode as a kid, so I would say no. (Yuuki:) It's straight up Squidward Torture! Squid Wood takes all the attention away from poor Squid and there's no comeuppance. The only good thing out of this episode was the YouTube Poop "HOW ABOUT A GAME OF YOU MUST DIE?!", which was actually my first.

Season 5
Waiting - It's like the subplot of Wonderbolts Academy with Pinkie checking her mailbox, but without any humor, to quote a certain Internet critic that me and Yuuki don't hate, but still find okay. (Yuuki:) Yeah, and when they finally get the toy and they think it broke, they CRY like babies. SpongeBob is 18, why is he crying over a toy breaking? And that's what it's supposed to do!
Fungus Among Us - I find this episode nostalgic, as I had it on the Friend or Foe DVD, and it's why I'm into itching. (Yuuki:) Shinobu! Don't say that here! Anyway, YES, because it's literally just one grossout gag after another, Patrick being a prick, and SpongeBob Torture.
Boat Smarts - I had this on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, so I'm generally okay with it. (Yuuki:) But it's got Squidward Torture with no comeuppance, and not to mention that INFURIATING end line.
To Love a Patty - Totally. (Yuuki:) Yeah, SpongeBob falls in love with FOOD like he's some weirdo, he KILLS SCALLOPS over it after he spent a whole episode raising a baby clam, and of course there's that GROSS close-up of the patty, and SpongeBob has to EAT it!!
Breath of Fresh Squidward - I had this on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, so I actually like it. (Yuuki:) How?! The opening is straight-up Squidward Torture, and then the rest of the episode is SpongeBob Torture. The only good thing about it is the ending, which got a few chuckles out of me.
Atlantis SquarePantis - Yeah, the rhymes are painful and nothing happens. (Yuuki:) Gotta agree with Shinobu there, the only good part was the video game part, and even then that's only a small part of it. Also, how come David Bowie's character didn't sing?
Whatever Happened to SpongeBob? - The close-up... (Yuuki:) Aside from that, there's the SpongeBob Torture filled intro, and none of the characters get their comeuppance. Plus the random Squidward Torture shoehorned in there.
SpongeHenge - My brother said this episode was weird, so yeah. (Yuuki:) Yeah, this one is filled to the brim with SpongeBob Torture and is just generally... weird. Like, what was the point of making it so weird? Surreal moments are best when done in moderation.

Season 6
House Fancy - Squidward wins in the end, but the toenail scene is still there, so I'd say no and make it a "Meh." (Yuuki:) I agree.
The Splinter - Yes. (Yuuki:) Of course! The splinter getting RAMMED into SpongeBob's thumb, Patrick being a prick, the random Squidward Torture shoehorned at the end...
Giant Squidward - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Squidward Torture, and the townspeople being jerks, like Squidward didn't even HEAR the kid sneeze, so THAT'S why he didn't say "bless you."
No Nose Knows - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) Patrick was a jerk throughout it. There was absolutely no comeuppance.
Plankton's Regular - Mr. Krabs is set up to be the good guy here, but you feel bad for Plankton because he never wins. (Yuuki:) I agree!
Choir Boys - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Squid Torture abound, and absolutely nothing to redeem it.
The Card - Patrick pretending he's stupid? Yeah. (Yuuki:) Absolutely a SpongeBob Torture episode and no comeuppance. Plus, what Shinobu said.
Truth or Square - Yeah, because of the false advertising, lame Patchy skits, and the annoying song at the end. (Yuuki:) Everything Shinobu just said.

Season 7
SITW - Definitely. (Yuuki:) Patrick's a prick, SpongeBob gets tortured, and the townspeople are jerks? No comeuppance? Terrible ending line? YES, DEFINITELY!
SITKWS - I don't remember this episode well. (Yuuki:) Of COURSE yes! Sandy Torture and the townspeople are jerks again.
KBBB - Yes. (Yuuki:) It's Squidward Torture with no comeuppance at the end. It deserves to be hated.
APFG - Of course! (Yuuki:) It's Gary Torture and SpongeBob being clueless; every pet lover like me's worst nightmare. And there's no comeuppance!
Yours, Mine and Mine - Haven't seen this one. (Yuuki:) Patrick's a real jerk in this one, and that INFURIATING ending line! Totally!
A Day Without Tears - Yeah, because it's an entire episode built around SpongeBob crying. (Yuuki:) I agree with you. Almost none of the jokes made me laugh.
OCM - Yes. (Yuuki:) Another episode where they expect you to root for Mr. Krabs, yet you feel bad for Plankton! This is one of the most demented episodes of the entire show! What kid LIKED this episode?
Trenchbillies - I don't remember much of this episode... (Yuuki:) Yes, because it's boring and full of grossout.

Season 8
Pet Sitter Pat - Of course. (Yuuki:) Patrick abuses Gary for no reason, and we know he's pretending to be stupid, so he can't get away with nuthin'!
Are You Happy Now? - Squidward attempts suicide. (Yuuki:) That's all you need to know. Also, SpongeBob's annoying and it's Squidward Torture.
Face Freeze! - This episode is full of nothing but disturbing faces and sounds. Yes. (Yuuki:) Yeah, it's literally 11 minutes of no solid jokes and SB and Pat being babies.
Demolition Doofus - Mrs. Puff tries to kill SpongeBob... (Yuuki:) That's going too far for the both of them. Yes.

Season 9
Squid Baby - Never seen it, but I've heard about it. I would say yes. (Yuuki:) Squidward Torture and a very disturbing one at that! SB and Patrick literally have the GALLS to abuse a baby!
Little Yellow Book - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Squidward gets no comeuppance at all, he just reads SpongeBob's other diary. I hate this episode.

Season 10
House Worming - I liked it. (Yuuki:) Yeah, it was a very fun episode.

Season 11
Ink Lemonade - Totally. (Yuuki:) This is literally a return to season 6. How would they think SpongeBob and Patrick abusing Squid to get ink to PROFIT off would appeal to kids?
Squirrel Jelly - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) I had a dislike for Sandy being competitive, but it's a "Meh" to me.

Season 12
The Nitwitting - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) The episode is just gross and unwatchable!
SpongeBob's Bad Habit - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) No, it reminded me of the Rocko episode "Tooth and Nail" and therefore I liked it.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Me and Yuuki's opinions:

Season 1
Squeaky Boots - It's a good episode. (Yuuki:) I could see why some hate it, what with the constant squeaking, but for me, it's a standout in Season 1 and one of the most memorable episodes. Plus, it introduces Pearl!
IWATG - I never got why people hated this episode... (Yuuki:) Squidward gets his comeuppance for neglecting Gary and turning Spongey into a snail at the end, when he gets injected with snail plasma. It's also a nostalgic episode to me, as it and Scaredy Pants were the first episodes I ever watched, all the way back in 1999.

Season 2
Dumped - I actually liked it... (Yuuki:) Patrick gets his comeuppance for acting like a jerk to SpongeBob at the end, when Gary abandons him and goes back to SpongeBob. I also liked "Daytime Drama," it's one of the best SpongeBob APMs!
I'm With Stupid - The laughing part always made me laugh. (Yuuki:) It's not that bad. There are a lot of solid gags, but I do wish Patrick had some sort of comeuppance for torturing SpongeBob throughout the episode.

Season 3
Party Pooper Pants - Yeah. (Yuuki:) SpongeBob plans the party down to every exact detail, and even getting his comeuppance doesn't satiate how ANGRY it made me as a kid! You're a young sponge, allow people to do what they want!
The Great Snail Race - I had toys based on this episode as a kid, so no. (Yuuki:) SpongeBob gets what he deserved when Sandy kicks him in the butt, and he does apologize to Gary. Even then, I was insulted by the "calling Gary a girl to humiliate and demean him" line, because I am a girl.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - I thought it was funny, especially the "Joe Mama" gag. (Yuuki:) Sorry, Shinobu, but the townspeople are jerks here. I used to be okay with this episode unlike Party Pooper Pants, but as I got older, I realized that this is a SpongeBob Torture episode and I HATE IT. The songs are funny, though. And the "SpongeBob betrayed us!" gag is exactly how I felt when seasons 6-8 came along.

Season 4
Good Neighbors - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Totally. SpongeBob and Pat torture Squidward who just wants to go about his Sunday. And they freaking turn his house into a mecha! At least they do apologize, but that's not enough to make up for it.
All That Glitters - ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD. Oh, sorry, yeah, it's bad. (Yuuki:) The opening is just SpongeBob crying repeatedly, and the rest is just SpongeBob torture. I did find the Dr. Actor joke funny, though.
The Thing - My mom hates this one, because she feels bad for Squidward. (Yuuki:) Actually... this one isn't that bad. SpongeBob and Pat do try to help Squidward escape, and Squidward gets to be on stage with Kelpy G at the end. Would call it a "Meh."
Squid Wood - I used to like this episode as a kid, so I would say no. (Yuuki:) It's straight up Squidward Torture! Squid Wood takes all the attention away from poor Squid and there's no comeuppance. The only good thing out of this episode was the YouTube Poop "HOW ABOUT A GAME OF YOU MUST DIE?!", which was actually my first.

Season 5
Waiting - It's like the subplot of Wonderbolts Academy with Pinkie checking her mailbox, but without any humor, to quote a certain Internet critic that me and Yuuki don't hate, but still find okay. (Yuuki:) Yeah, and when they finally get the toy and they think it broke, they CRY like babies. SpongeBob is 18, why is he crying over a toy breaking? And that's what it's supposed to do!
Fungus Among Us - I find this episode nostalgic, as I had it on the Friend or Foe DVD, and it's why I'm into itching. (Yuuki:) Shinobu! Don't say that here! Anyway, YES, because it's literally just one grossout gag after another, Patrick being a prick, and SpongeBob Torture.
Boat Smarts - I had this on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, so I'm generally okay with it. (Yuuki:) But it's got Squidward Torture with no comeuppance, and not to mention that INFURIATING end line.
To Love a Patty - Totally. (Yuuki:) Yeah, SpongeBob falls in love with FOOD like he's some weirdo, he KILLS SCALLOPS over it after he spent a whole episode raising a baby clam, and of course there's that GROSS close-up of the patty, and SpongeBob has to EAT it!!
Breath of Fresh Squidward - I had this on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, so I actually like it. (Yuuki:) How?! The opening is straight-up Squidward Torture, and then the rest of the episode is SpongeBob Torture. The only good thing about it is the ending, which got a few chuckles out of me.
Atlantis SquarePantis - Yeah, the rhymes are painful and nothing happens. (Yuuki:) Gotta agree with Shinobu there, the only good part was the video game part, and even then that's only a small part of it. Also, how come David Bowie's character didn't sing?
Whatever Happened to SpongeBob? - The close-up... (Yuuki:) Aside from that, there's the SpongeBob Torture filled intro, and none of the characters get their comeuppance. Plus the random Squidward Torture shoehorned in there.
SpongeHenge - My brother said this episode was weird, so yeah. (Yuuki:) Yeah, this one is filled to the brim with SpongeBob Torture and is just generally... weird. Like, what was the point of making it so weird? Surreal moments are best when done in moderation.

Season 6
House Fancy - Squidward wins in the end, but the toenail scene is still there, so I'd say no and make it a "Meh." (Yuuki:) I agree.
The Splinter - Yes. (Yuuki:) Of course! The splinter getting RAMMED into SpongeBob's thumb, Patrick being a prick, the random Squidward Torture shoehorned at the end...
Giant Squidward - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Squidward Torture, and the townspeople being jerks, like Squidward didn't even HEAR the kid sneeze, so THAT'S why he didn't say "bless you."
No Nose Knows - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) Patrick was a jerk throughout it. There was absolutely no comeuppance.
Plankton's Regular - Mr. Krabs is set up to be the good guy here, but you feel bad for Plankton because he never wins. (Yuuki:) I agree!
Choir Boys - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Squid Torture abound, and absolutely nothing to redeem it.
The Card - Patrick pretending he's stupid? Yeah. (Yuuki:) Absolutely a SpongeBob Torture episode and no comeuppance. Plus, what Shinobu said.
Truth or Square - Yeah, because of the false advertising, lame Patchy skits, and the annoying song at the end. (Yuuki:) Everything Shinobu just said.

Season 7
SITW - Definitely. (Yuuki:) Patrick's a prick, SpongeBob gets tortured, and the townspeople are jerks? No comeuppance? Terrible ending line? YES, DEFINITELY!
SITKWS - I don't remember this episode well. (Yuuki:) Of COURSE yes! Sandy Torture and the townspeople are jerks again.
KBBB - Yes. (Yuuki:) It's Squidward Torture with no comeuppance at the end. It deserves to be hated.
APFG - Of course! (Yuuki:) It's Gary Torture and SpongeBob being clueless; every pet lover like me's worst nightmare. And there's no comeuppance!
Yours, Mine and Mine - Haven't seen this one. (Yuuki:) Patrick's a real jerk in this one, and that INFURIATING ending line! Totally!
A Day Without Tears - Yeah, because it's an entire episode built around SpongeBob crying. (Yuuki:) I agree with you. Almost none of the jokes made me laugh.
OCM - Yes. (Yuuki:) Another episode where they expect you to root for Mr. Krabs, yet you feel bad for Plankton! This is one of the most demented episodes of the entire show! What kid LIKED this episode?
Trenchbillies - I don't remember much of this episode... (Yuuki:) Yes, because it's boring and full of grossout.

Season 8
Pet Sitter Pat - Of course. (Yuuki:) Patrick abuses Gary for no reason, and we know he's pretending to be stupid, so he can't get away with nuthin'!
Are You Happy Now? - Squidward attempts suicide. (Yuuki:) That's all you need to know. Also, SpongeBob's annoying and it's Squidward Torture.
Face Freeze! - This episode is full of nothing but disturbing faces and sounds. Yes. (Yuuki:) Yeah, it's literally 11 minutes of no solid jokes and SB and Pat being babies.
Demolition Doofus - Mrs. Puff tries to kill SpongeBob... (Yuuki:) That's going too far for the both of them. Yes.

Season 9
Squid Baby - Never seen it, but I've heard about it. I would say yes. (Yuuki:) Squidward Torture and a very disturbing one at that! SB and Patrick literally have the GALLS to abuse a baby!
Little Yellow Book - Yeah. (Yuuki:) Squidward gets no comeuppance at all, he just reads SpongeBob's other diary. I hate this episode.

Season 10
House Worming - I liked it. (Yuuki:) Yeah, it was a very fun episode.

Season 11
Ink Lemonade - Totally. (Yuuki:) This is literally a return to season 6. How would they think SpongeBob and Patrick abusing Squid to get ink to PROFIT off would appeal to kids?
Squirrel Jelly - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) I had a dislike for Sandy being competitive, but it's a "Meh" to me.

Season 12
The Nitwitting - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) The episode is just gross and unwatchable!
SpongeBob's Bad Habit - Never seen it. (Yuuki:) No, it reminded me of the Rocko episode "Tooth and Nail" and therefore I liked it.
Good list. But I have some questions:
Who is Yuuki? What is APM?

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Even then, I was insulted by the "calling Gary a girl to humiliate and demean him" line, because I am a girl.

The point of that line was to poke fun at how dumb and sexist that kind of namecalling is, not just play it straight. It's not the funniest joke ever, but I get what they were going for.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
Season 1:
Nature Pants - No. I really like this episode.
Squeaky Boots - This episode is hilarious.
I Was a Teenage Gary - No. Though its sister episode overshadowed it in the long run, it's good in its own right.

Season 2:
Dumped - I was never able to get why people hate this one.
Grandma's Kisses - It's not as good as many other pre-movie episodes, but it's okay.
I'm With Stupid: Yes. This episode really seems more fit for Season 7 than anything else.

Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants- Yes.
The Great Snail Race- I'm on the fence. While it's definitely pretty bad, it had good jokes to make up for the mean-spirited plot.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - It's actually a good episode.

Season 4:
Good Neighbors - Not really. It's weak by Season 4 standards, but several worse episodes have been made since then and it's not even the worst episode in the season.
New Leaf- No. It's pretty good, actually.
The Thing- The episode may not be great, but there were definitely some funny jokes.

Season 5:
Rise and Shine- It may be short and plotless, but it's actually pretty funny.
Atlantic Squarepants- It has about the same number of funny jokes as an average 11-minute episode from Seasons 6-8, despite being an older episode with an inflated length. So yes.
SpongeHenge- It's definitely one of the more interesting episodes.

Season 6:

Slide Whistle Stooges- Not really. It wasn't great, but it was still a lot funnier than The Splinter, which it was paired with.
No Nose Knows- I liked it, at least.
The Card- The episode is indeed bad, but Patrick has done much worse things since then. So no.
Choir Boys- SpongeBob is normally oblivous to the fact that he annoys others. Here, he does it for the lulz.

Season 7:

I Heart Dancing - No. I'd say it's among the best of Season 7.
A Pal for Gary - I'm on the fence. It's definitely a bad episode, but worse episodes have aired before and after this episode, IMO.
The Main Drain - Jeez, this episode gets way too much hate.

Season 8:

Patrick's Staycation: I'm on the fence. Patrick is indeed a jerk in this episode, but he's done worse things before and after this episode.
Face Freeze - Yes. It barely has a plot, and the grotesque animation doesn't help it one bit.

Season 9:
SpongeBob, You're Fired- It's been eons since I've seen it, but from what I remember, it deserves all the hate it gets.
Sold!- Considered one of the weaker Season 9B episodes, but ultimately it's pretty decent IMO.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Season 1:
Nature Pants - No. I really like this episode.
Squeaky Boots - This episode is hilarious.
I Was a Teenage Gary - No. Though its sister episode overshadowed it in the long run, it's good in its own right.

Season 2:
Dumped - I was never able to get why people hate this one.
Grandma's Kisses - It's not as good as many other pre-movie episodes, but it's okay.
I'm With Stupid: Yes. This episode really seems more fit for Season 7 than anything else.

Season 3:
Party Pooper Pants- Yes.
The Great Snail Race- I'm on the fence. While it's definitely pretty bad, it had good jokes to make up for the mean-spirited plot.
The Sponge Who Could Fly - It's actually a good episode.

Season 4:
Good Neighbors - Not really. It's weak by Season 4 standards, but several worse episodes have been made since then and it's not even the worst episode in the season.
The Thing- The episode may not be great, but there were definitely some funny jokes.

Season 5:
Rise and Shine- It may be short and plotless, but it's actually pretty funny.
Atlantic Squarepants- It has about the same number of funny jokes as an average 11-minute episode from Seasons 6-8, despite being an older episode with an inflated length. So yes.
SpongeHenge- It's definitely one of the more interesting episodes.

Season 6:

Slide Whistle Stooges- Not really. It wasn't great, but it was still a lot funnier than The Splinter, which it was paired with.
No Nose Knows- I liked it, at least.
The Card- The episode is indeed bad, but Patrick has done much worse things since then. So no.
Choir Boys- SpongeBob is normally oblivous to the fact that he annoys others. Here, he does it for the lulz.

Season 7:

I Heart Dancing - No. I'd say it's among the best of Season 7.
A Pal for Gary - I'm on the fence. It's definitely a bad episode, but worse episodes have aired before and after this episode, IMO.
The Main Drain - Jeez, this episode gets way too much hate.

Season 8:

Patrick's Staycation: I'm on the fence. Patrick is indeed a jerk in this episode, but he's done worse things before and after this episode.
Face Freeze - Yes. It barely has a plot, and the grotesque animation doesn't help it one bit.

Season 9:
SpongeBob, You're Fired- It's been eons since I've seen it, but from what I remember, it deserves all the hate it gets.
Sold!- Considered one of the weaker Season 9B episodes, but ultimately it's pretty decent IMO.
Sold! considered one of the weaker Season 9B? It is in my top 4 9B episodes(alongside with Patrick The Game, The Executive Treatment and Larry's Gym.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
The weaker season 9B episodes for me are Salsa Imbecilius(terrible), Goodabye Krabby Patty?(bad), Food Con Castaways(bad) and Mutiny on the Krusty(weird and bad)

alden

Baby Clam
I think the hatred from good neighbors stems from the fact that it was the first notable difference between pre movie episodes. It wasn’t great, but its not as bad as people make it out to be. This episode was just a sign of the major downward spiral heading toward the show. Think of it as shooting a messenger,

Season 4:

Back