Do the SpongeBob Comics paperbacks collect the full issues?

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Or is it just a little from each one?

If full issues aren't featured, it just seems like a waste of money. But if they are I might get at least some of them.

Maybe @MattTheSpongeFanatic knows...

Last edited:

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
There have been four paperbacks collecting stories from several issues released. My question is whether they actually collect the full issues or just a little from each one.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Wow...I never really saw this thread until now. I don't have the online versions of the "story collection" comics, but I am pretty sure that these story collection comics do not have full SpongeBob Comics issues in them, just select comics from some issues. For example, the description on the second SpongeBob comics story collection, Aquatic Adventurers Unite, (taken from the SpongeBob Wiki) states:

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants! SpongeBob Comics: Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! is a collection of previously published material specially curated by SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenburg and some of the biggest names in comics. Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! features stories with a superhero theme. The book brings together the main characters and the rest of the undersea cast that fans know and love—all in an exciting new comic book adventure.

The collection "features stories with a superhero theme", meaning that there will be comics from different comic books. Another example is the third collection book, Tales From The Haunted Deep, with its description below:

SpongeBob Comics: Tales from the Haunted Pineapple is the third collection of previously published material specially curated by SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenburg. Tales from the Haunted Pineapple includes more than 15 short, self-contained stories by some of the biggest comics creators in the industry. These original stories feature all the fan favorites—from Patrick and Squidward to Sandy and Mr. Krabs—in original adventures you won’t see on television. Best of all, this book includes stories with spooky themes just in time for Halloween.

This collection features "all the fan favorites", which means that this collection also will not have full issues in them, instead select comics and comic strips from different issues.

Last edited:

Roberto

Baby Clam
There are four SpongeBob comics collected books. "Silly Sea Stories", "Aquatic Adventurers, Unite!" and "Tales from the Haunted Pineapple" are compilations of various stories. The "Treasure Chest" is also a compilation of various stories, but it also features exclusives pinup artworks, a bonus facsimile reprint of the first SpongeBob Comics issue, and an introduction by Stephen Hillenburg.

There are also two old compilations of some comics straight from Nick Magazine, "Comic Crazy!" and "Comic Crazy: Take 2".

Unfortunately, there are not any full issues collected book.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
So they're just a waste of money then. What a shame, Treasure Chest in particular seemed like a nice own.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
The treasure chest is a giant hard cover comp book, all hand picked by Hillenburg, with bonus new posters (including some by Kaz, Dave Cooper, Stephen DeStefano, etc.) and a reprint of the first issue.

The other 3 are like best of compilations mostly taking from the 2011-14 content of the comics and only 1 comic (could be more, #42 is the only listed 2015 content) from 2015, nothing more from that year, nothing from 2016 or 2017. I'll probably come back with a proper list of what's all included in those Abrams books because, personally i think they're worth it for those who don't have the regular issues.

Back