Bravely Default

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Here's my analysis of the game thus far.. ( I'm 10 hours in )

First off, I'd like to stay I've been thoroughly enjoying the game thus far. There are just so many things the game has done right and it shows that JRPGs are in fact NOT a dying genre. Many may dislike the "SP" feature, but it is completely unnessary for the most part. I only used it once, it wasn't really that useful. Although the fact you have to pay to get alot of SP bothers people, you don't have to do it to complete the game. I am playing on Hard mode, and am doing just fine without Bravely Second. ( The ability you gain by using SP ) Any fan of Final Fantasy 3/5 should definitely give this game a try. The music is really good, and there's alot of interesting mechanics. `
For example, throughout the game (this happens after the first dungeon, no real spoilers) You are tasked with rebuilding a village, you start with one villager, and you gain three a day ( provided you go to the merchant and update your data ) or, you could StreetPass to gain more villagers. The more villagers you have, the faster buildings get built/ roads get cleared. ( These tasks are done in real time, so for example, it could 4 hours ) I have found this feature obsenely addicting, I have had my 3ds on sleep mode almost constantly just so buildings can get completed.

Has anyone else on here played it?

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
I have the demo for the 3DS, and I think its pretty good. The battle system was not my favorite but at least it had some special things to it like combos. I might get it one day if I get the money.

Back