An episode without SpongeBob?

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
You know what... I am genuinely curious as to how this would go down..

Remember in "Pickles," how Spongebob left work, and Krabs and Squidward had to try to cover for him, and we saw the place going into chaos? Or the same thing strongly implied to have happened in "Suds?"

Like... imagine a perspective-flip of the episode "Suds." It starts when Krabs makes Spongebob go home, and the entire episode is Krabs and Squidward completely panicking and the place descending into madness because Spongebob, the glue holding it all together, isn't there to help.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=I5HdCVmaSFjD90cGJya0hzinTFgcpgQpjZJWTdIgkps%3D

MrTortellini00

lame funny
SpongeBob will probably appear in every episode of the show, I highly doubt there will be an episode without him

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I find the very nature of this topic interesting because the episode that is often regarded as being the best episode of all time is an episode in which Spongebob is A) not the protagonist, B) demoted to being a side character, and C) doesn't have too many speaking lines.

I could say the same for Krusty Krab Training Video. And "What's Eating Patrick." The show could absolutely do an episode where Spongebob doesn't show up, but it would have to rely a lot on the charisma of the other characters and the humor of the writers.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Since SpongeBob is my favourite character I wouldn't be too excited for an episode without him. I don't really care about Plankton's Army for that reason. In fact I don't think I've watched Plankton's Army more than once or twice even though it's a pre-movie episode. I always just skipped over it because SpongeBob was barely in it.

DadMom AngryPants said:
Since SpongeBob is my favourite character I wouldn't be too excited for an episode without him. I don't really care about Plankton's Army for that reason. In fact I don't think I've watched Plankton's Army more than once or twice even though it's a pre-movie episode. I always just skipped over it because SpongeBob was barely in it.
hmm, that's also a reason for me why I love Plankton's Army. It was interesting to see SB to appear less imo

FrenzyMedia

Baby Clam
There have been episodes that had him in only one scene as a cameo. Mall Girl Pearl has him as a background character two times, and his only major appearance is at the very end when he pops up to give Beatrice her hand back, with only one line (“You dropped this.”) said.

But to my knowledge, so far there has never been an episode without SpongeBob at all.

Back