AMC and Regal is not going to play anymore Universal films.

Yoh Manta

No mean to be rude, but it helps to actually post a link to an article so that people don't think you're trolling, not a stock image.

Yes, this is real, pretty crazy, but it doesn't surprise me too much since this is Universal we're talking.

spongie33

SpongeBob Expert
No mean to be rude, but it helps to actually post a link to an article so that people don't think you're trolling, not a stock image.

Yes, this is real, pretty crazy, but it doesn't surprise me too much since this is Universal we're talking.
Oh thanks for reminding me. I actually forgot I posted the photo instead of the article.

SpongeBobfan1987

"The Joy and the Laughter"
Universal Pictures pulling out at those theaters over the "streaming video fiasco" might have worsened AMC and Regal's losses and might probably strengthen competing movie theater chains like Cinemark, for example, who will still continue to show the films as scheduled once the COVID-19 epidemic is over and people can get out more...

It reminds me of how hostile Nintendo was when their video game software was being rented out by various video rental chains in the United States and Canada in the 1990s, due to the fact that Nintendo was not making money from video game rentals. It may have hurt Nintendo in the end, but helped their rival Sega.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
AMC > Cinemark

It sucks to hear this, but I'm sure someone will kiss and make up eventually by the end of the year or next year.