A new Spongebob movie?

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
They probably will make one, it seems the staff have been asked a lot of times to make a sequel, but if they do I hope it's not the finale of SpongeBob.

hasfarr

your mom
The Simpsons made a movie after 20 years of airing, they're still going. With the kind of popularity that SpongeBob has, I don't think they'll cancel after another movie.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
They probably will make one, it seems the staff have been asked a lot of times to make a sequel, but if they do I hope it's not the finale of SpongeBob.
I sorta hope it is. Spongebob shouldn't be like the simpsons and just keep going for 20 years.

hasfarr

your mom
I sorta hope it is. Spongebob shouldn't be like the simpsons and just keep going for 20 years.
Who is Nickelodeon gonna listen to, you, or the majority of the fans around the world?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I JUST BACKTALKED SSJ O_o

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Who is Nickelodeon gonna listen to, you, or the majority of the fans around the world?

the fans because that's how nickelodeon makes its money :P
and as long as the show is making money they'll keep milking it for as long as possible.

Piper

Moby Dollar
ACtually, this would be the FOURTH SpongeBob movie, which is AWESOME. Yeah the second one could of been better but I loved Truth or Square. Maybe number 4 will be another one of thoose. :-)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
ACtually, this would be the FOURTH SpongeBob movie, which is AWESOME. Yeah the second one could of been better but I loved Truth or Square. Maybe number 4 will be another one of thoose. :-)

It would be the second theatrical movie. TV specials don't count as movies. :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
"Paramount plans to create characters in conjunction with Nickelodeon, a channel that is also owned by Paramounts parent company, Viacom Inc. The plan is not just to make movies from characters on television such as SpongeBob Squarepants, but to develop Nickelodeon with fresh material as a film brand for families, Grey said.

Every now and then you could see a SpongeBob, but hopefully well come up with new franchises, he said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/paramount-to-launch-animation-unit-for-films-with-budgets-up-to-100-million-each/2011/07/06/gIQAFm650H_story.html

hasfarr

your mom
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/paramount-to-launch-animation-unit-for-films-with-budgets-up-to-100-million-each/2011/07/06/gIQAFm650H_story.html
I don't expect a SpongeBob movie's budget to be that big, the show itself has been pretty low budget for its whole run on TV.

Piper

Moby Dollar
Just found something interesting! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spongebob_squarepants_movie/

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
The possibility of a new Spongebob movie is mentioned at the end of this interview.
http://collider.com/jimmy-cummings-tom-kenny-interview-winnie-the-pooh/102207/

In case you don't want to watch the video:
Reporter: I love the Spongebob movie. Is there ever going to be another Spongebob movie?
TK: I've been hearing rumblings. I'm hearing it being discussed in a way that I've not heard it discussed before, so I think maybe it's starting to happen. But I'm just a dumb actor and nobody tells me anything.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
It's been a while since I've heard anything on this topic, but the Spongebob movie rumour was mentioned again in this article today:

"Paramount's upcoming animated releases include Steven Spielberg's motion-capture film "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn," which will be released in the U.S. in December, and another "SpongeBob" picture."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/10/paramount-david-stainton-animation-unit.html

It looks like a copy-and-paste quote from the first article I posted, so I wouldn't regard it as "new" news, exactly, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

If there is a movie, I would hope for a few things.

1) More Squidward, SANDY, etc.

Sandy had like what, 2 lines in the movie. We need some Sandy, as she has been having very few appearences lately. :(

2) A Prequel, NOT a sequel.

3) A bit more recurring (Mrs. Puff, Pearl, Larry, etc.)

Back