57a. Krabby Land

Kenny the Cat

Baby Clam
I am quite surprised of how many high ratings this episode gets. To me it is tied with Party Pooper Pants for the worst pre-movie episode.

Most of the episode is very bland, Mr. Krabs is mean-spirited and to me this seems like one of the first episodes where Mr. Krabs has been flanderized to the point that he cares more about money than life (which is VERY frequently seen in post-movie episodes).

Furthermore, the humour in this episode is very bland. Much of the 'humour' consists of Mr. Krabs being mean-spirited or SpongeBob getting tortured for no reason.

And that makes me wonder, is the way the kids in this episode react to SpongeBob being tortured similar to how we should react to Squidward being tortured in Choir Boys/Boating Buddies/others according to the writers? Because to me, it is NOT funny how SpongeBob is being tortured in this episode just to 'amuse' those kids.

And other than that, I find the rest of the episode just plain boring. Mr. Krabs applying over-the-top methods to get money, like we haven't seen that before...

To me this episode is actually worse than Born Again Krabs, The Sponge Who Could Fly and perhaps also The Great Snail Race (haven't made up my mind about this one).

skinnybeans17

Only semi-active now, had a regretful past here.
I like this episode. I can see why some people hate it. I thought the part when SpongeBob getting tortured was pretty funny. But this episode is not as good as Band Geeks, Chocalate with Nuts, or The Camping Episode.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This is another one of those episodes that holds up better for me as an adult than as a kid. I just loved the social commentary that they snuck in this episode with how people are easily manipulated into falling for scams. I think it's a very important lesson for everyone to learn and the way they subtly went about incorporating that in the episode was very commendable in my opinion. It proves that you don't always need to spell out a lesson for the audience or the kids watching the show and you can weave into the story in such an entertaining way too. That takes really good writing and boarding to pull that off. The ending was even funnier than I remembered and it's a great way to offset how Krabs acted in the episode, which I still think was funny but he was definitely a bit greedier than usual. Really underrated episode. Only thing is that I think it needed more gags here and there but this episode really reminded me of why SpongeBob can appeal to so many people, even someone like me that stopped watching the show regularly about 8-9 years ago. I'd give this around an 8.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 3

Episode: Krabby Land

This episode was terrific. The plot was very good. Mr Krabs was cheap here, but he got punishment in the end. There were many funny jokes. 9/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Not a boring episode for me (that's good because when I am bored , I do not give a high rate..) . But not funny either! I did not like seeing SpongeBob in pain...that was painful for me to watch and I was SOOOOOOOO irritated THROUGHOUT the episode (except from the end..that was reaaallllyy ENJOYABLE..Mr.Krabs DESERVED it..) BUT , I hate these KIDS so MUCHHHH, I hate them....and this episode IS soooo BAD...I give it a 3/10 just because of it's ending >_<

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A very flawed episode that I don't enjoy much of. The humor just felt... undeveloped. Mr. Krabs' money jokes feel like something from post-movie. They're so redundant and plain, same with the gags on SpongeBob's side. A couple of the gags are creative like the Lima beans thing but otherwise it's just seeing SpongeBob hurt, which serves as a pretty boring attempt at slapstick. What somewhat saves this episode is its plot elements. This has a similar twist like Shuffle-Boarding where the episode abruptly switches focus from Krabby Land to Krabby the Clown. I do like some of the writer's comments on how people can be easily manipulated but it can't save this bland, unfunny episode.

6/10

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Krabby Land: Mr. Krabs makes a theme park just for the children (to make money) on the first day of summer, but it doesn't turn out the way it should. This episode is mediocre. There are 2 things that made it mediocre. SpongeBob being hurt and also the ending.
Grade: 5.8/10 C-

This episode can be funny here and there, but is mainly just bad. It is extremely lackluster in setting (as it only takes place at the Krusty Krab), especially story: the story here has no structure to it and is just a montage of SpongeBob getting hurt to entertain the kids. The ending didn't even make up for it. 4/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I wouldn't find this episode to be extremely forgettable, but it is still a forgettable one. I've never really liked it as a kid and still actually don't like it. Mr. Krabs may come off as a jerk in this episode and the kids were completely childish to begin with, which annoyed me every time. Also, SpongeBob looks extremely weird in that flower costume. It kinda fits more with his current personality than his more mature personality back in Season 3. I mean this episode is better than The Sponge Who Could Fly and Party Pooper Pants, but this episode is very weak for a Season 3 episode. Mr. Krabs received the punishment, but it was kinda predictable. Mr. Krabs felt like a mixed bag of everything good and bad in this episode. I can tell you that I don't like it too much and I feel the same way with the Season 1 episodes Sandy's Rocket and Nature Pants. I can go back and watch it and still won't find it that enjoyable. There are some pretty funny moments in this episode, but they don't make it up to be a good episode. It's just alright, nothing much of an importance to look at.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
For me, this is definitely the worst pre-movie episode. It's not funny in the slightest (I kinda chuckled at Mr. Krabs's "NOT THAT GREEN STUFF!" line at the end, but aside from that I believe all the rest of the jokes fall flat), and I really hate how badly the kids treated SpongeBob here. While I've definitely softened up to this episode a lot over the years (It used to be like #8 or something like that on my worst of all time list when I was a lot younger LOL!), I still really dislike it and it's the only pre-movie episode that is on my bottom 100 of the whole series (granted, it's definitely on the much lower end of it).

3.5/10

This is a flawed episode. I honestly forgot this was a pre-movie episode, and not one from say Season 6 or 7. Because Mr. Krabs is at his worst here. Scheming kids is one of the worst crimes one can commit, and Krabs does it. He even says it himself. "I don't care about the children! I just care about their parents' money!" Yes, Mr. Krabs does get punished at the end, but it's a very weak punishment, and he deserved more.

Ranking so far:
1. Chocolate With Nuts (A+)
2. Snowball Effect (A+)
3. Wet Painters (A+)
4. Krusty Krab Training Video (A+)
5. Can You Spare A Dime? (A+)
6. Idiot Box (A+)
7. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (A)
8. Just One Bite (A)
9. No Weenies Allowed (A)
10. Nasty Patty (A)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
12. I Had An Accident (A)
13. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (B)
14. The Bully (B)
15. Doing Time (B)
16. Ugh (B)
17. Squilliam Returns (B)
18. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
19. Born Again Krabs (B)
20. Krab Borg (B)
21. One Krab's Trash (B)
22. Clams (B)
23. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
24. Club SpongeBob (C)
25. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)
26. New Student Starfish (C)
27. As Seen On TV (D)
28. The Great Snail Race (D)
29. Party Pooper Pants (D)
30. Krabby Land (D)
31. Mid-Life Crustacean (E)

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Here it is my least favorite pre movie episode. Mr Krabs in this episode is just way too cheap. The scene where he says "I don't care about the children" I just want to shut the episode off, Spongebob is just annoying in this episode and why is he hurting himself for the kids entertainment? And I also hate the ending, Mr Krabs got off so light for what he done. However the one highlight is the moment where a truck drives over Spongebob's tounge, I dont know why but I love that moment I think it's his scream :P. Anyway I hate this one and honestly this and Fools In April are bottom 50 episodes IMO, I know pre movie has amazing episodes but not everything is milk and honey IMO.

Bad 3/10 #37 in season 3 and #45 worst episode of Spongebob, Yes I mean that

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is pretty weak. It features many of the things that make for a bad Spongebob episode; Mr. Krabs being overly greedy, torture ::dolphin noise::, and overall lack of comedy. The story is pretty bland, and the whole Spongebob torture thing is dragged out beyond the point of being even slightly funny. The only thing I like about this episode is the ending, and to be honest I don't really think it's even that good. I'm honestly surprised they screwed up so hard with this episode. This is the point in the series for me at least where Mr. Krabs really started to become a bad character.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Chocolate With Nuts (10)
2. Krusty Krab Training Video (10)
3. Idiot Box (10)
4. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy V (10)
5. Wet Painters (9)
6. The Algae's Always Greener (9)
7. Snowball Effect (9)
8. Can You Spare A Dime? (9)
9. Rock-A-Bye Bivalve (9)
10. Just One Bite (9)
11. Krab Borg (9)
12. As Seen On Tv (8)
13. One Krabs Trash (8)
14. I Had An Accident (8)
15. Nasty Patty (8)
16. Mid-Life Crustacean (8)
17. New Student Starfish (8)
18. No Weenies Allowed (8)
19. My Pretty Seahorse (7)
20. Squilliam Returns (7)
21. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV (7)
22. The Great Snail Race (7)
23. Clams (7)
24. The Bully (7)
25. Doing Time (7)
26. Ugh (6)
27. Spongeguard on Duty (6)
28. Club Spongebob (6)
29. Born Again Krabs (5)
30. Party Pooper Pants (4)
31. Krabby Land (4)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
My future spring pfp will be from this episode and i am honestly not suprised. I recently rewatched this episode and i agree with Rex that this is the worst pre-movie episode. This was not a funny episode seeing the kids laugh at SpongeBob getting injured made this episode hard to watch. Oh and the only redeeming quality? Mr. Krabs gets what he deserves at the end.

Rating: Sucky Episode

Rankings:
No Weenies Allowed (Golden)
Idiot Box (Perfect)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (Perfect)
Krab Borg (Amazing!)
Wet Painters (Amazing!)
The Algaes Always Greener (Amazing!)
Just One Bite (Amazing!)
Squlliam Returns (Amazing!)
My Pretty Seahorse (Delightful)
Krusty Krab Training Video (Astonishing)
The Great Snail Race (Great)
Ugh (Great)
Doing Time (Great)
Snowball Effect (Great)
Mid-Life Crustacean (Great)
One Krabs Trash (Good)
Can you Spare a Dime? (Good)
SpongeGuard on Duty (Okay)
Rock-a-Bye Bivalve (Okay)
Born Again Krabs (Meh)
Club SpongeBob (Meh)
New Student Starfish (Meh)