45b. Doing Time

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Ohad said:
I don't know, for me, Squid's Visit is a really good episode. As GordoktheMerry always say in his reviews, it's a dark episode, but a well written one. It has that surreal feeling, like Squidward in Clarinet Land, which is fantastic. The most hated episodes in the show are A Pal for Gary, Are You Happy Now and One Coarse Meal

(BTW, Doing Time is my favorite episode in the whole show. I remember explaining why in one of the threads, I'll search for my explanation now.)
My main problem with "Squid's Visit" is that it just felt really dry and boring. They at least had some kind of original idea but it wasn't executed as well as it could have. I think it's one of those episodes I might have to watch again because maybe I'll notice something that I didn't catch the first few times. I really like "Squidward in Clarinetland" though.

Ohad said:
I don't know, for me, Squid's Visit is a really good episode. As GordoktheMerry always say in his reviews, it's a dark episode, but a well written one. It has that surreal feeling, like Squidward in Clarinet Land, which is fantastic. The most hated episodes in the show are A Pal for Gary, Are You Happy Now and One Coarse Meal

(BTW, Doing Time is my favorite episode in the whole show. I remember explaining why in one of the threads, I'll search for my explanation now.)
The reason why I don't like Squid's Visit is not this episode being creepy or dark. I love dark/creepy episodes, If these episodes are exectued well and I enjoy watching these episdoes (That's why I love Squidward in Clarinetland and Spongehenge). The reason why I don't like Squid's Visit is SpongeBob being a stalker in this episode and the episode being boring in my opinion.

EVSPONGEFAN

This episode is really, really funny and has great jokes, but not many people remember it. I LOVE this episode, don't get me wrong, but it is not an episode you remember clearly. Once you watch it you laugh, and then a month later, you remember the episode but not a single joke in it. It has happened to me a lot. It is odd how they made it into a dream but in real life...I am confusing myself....

MasiHosseini

Season: 3

Episode: Doing Time

This episode was kinda good. The plot was weird, but that doesn't mean it's bad. There were many jokes. 7.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Average for season 3, but that doesn't make it bad. There are multiple funny lines but the story needed something a bit more, either that or a couple more great jokes.

7.5/10

This episode does tend to get overlooked in terms of being the best of season 3, but I'd honestly say it pulls its weight throughout with a solid story, clever humor, chili, and the ending of it being a loop was executed flawlessly as well.

Decent episode. While I think this episode is good, it could have been even better had more time been spent on Mrs. Puff, and less on SpongeBob and Patrick.

Ranking so far:
1. Idiot Box (A+)
2. Just One Bite (A)
3. Nasty Patty (A)
4. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (A)
5. The Bully (B)
6. Doing Time (B)
7. The Algae's Always Greener (B)
8. My Pretty Seahorse (C)
9. Club SpongeBob (C)
10. SpongeGuard on Duty (C)