252a. Mind the Gap

spongie33

The Quickster
I really liked this episode. It was a cool episode. SpongeBob sounded cool. 8.5/10

CheeseCrocker

Besides SpongeBob's cool voice and 1 or 2 of the visual gags, this episode was quite boring and unmemorable.

Mediocre Episode (4.5/10)

EditorWiki

I liked it alot, its prob just me but it felt kinda like a Season 1 ep with how simple and one place it seemed.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

#Bobsessed
It wasn’t amazing or anything, but there were many things that I liked about this episode. For one, the unfamiliar whistle from the gap in SpongeBob’s teeth was just so adorable. I’d never given it thought that perhaps his gapped buck teeth would do more than just jut out and make his teeth marks look silly. I hoped that they’d expand upon this whistle in further episodes, but being well aquatinted with the show’s bad continuity, I suspected this would be a one-time occurrence. I can confirm this as if right now because I went ahead and watched leaked episodes, none of which had an apparent whistling from SpongeBob. Maybe it’ll be a gag that is used as a sort of reference every once in a while. There are a very many instances throughout the show where a change in character or to character is made for solely that episode, and is brought up very rarely if at all.

Anyways (and sorry for the extensive run-on paragraph), I genuinely liked how the fixing of SpongeBob’s teeth changed his voice. I absolutely loved the transition in demeanor when his teeth went back to normal multiple times. I laughed out loud so hard when SpongeBob said, “This one goes out to all the... LAAAAAAADIES!” 🤣 Another moment that I found comical was when SpongeBob spun around all cleaned up and nice and said, “Baby, I was born ready.” Or, maybe he said “Daddy”. I don’t know, but it was funny. Oh, also I found the constant use of the word “Daddio” to be both repetitive and hilarious.

On another note, I found the way closeups are done in recent episodes to be less... in your face. There’s like an odd lacking of “bawng!” sound effects (y’know, those sounds that give close-ups that extra oomph) and the photos just kinda appear. Also, the close-ups looked less hand-painted and more digitized, which I’m somewhat frowning upon. SpongeBob may not retain its original animation style but it sure as heck better maintain its original art style. But I digress...

Mind the Gap was an episode I had been dying to see, and I must admit, it didn’t disappoint.