230b. Bottle Burglars

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Already posted this on SBC so I could get 25 posts, so I figured I should post this here too

I really liked this episode. It was cool to see to see more of the chum bucket, that was really cool to see, as was Spot's reappearance. The episode was funny too (such as the end where Mr Krabs gets back the formula very easily after Squidward and Spongebob failed to be Ble to). The episode also had great animation as always. I liked the charatization, they were all in character and it was cool to see Spongebob and Squidward team up to get back the formula.

9/10

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This episode is actually really good. The jokes hit perfectly fine, and more scenery from the Chum Bucket was very interesting to see (as we've never got past Plankton's lab to see where he actually sleeps). A nice little episode.

8.9/10

Growlie

Best Boy
Pretty good episode, the ending was undeserved because neither SpongeBob nor Squidward meant for Plankton to get the formula. The dynamic between SpongeBob and Squidward was like their dynamic in "The Sewers Of Bikini Bottom" although that episode is still a win for me because Squidward didn't get hurt as much and the ending was the best in that episode as well.

Overall, 6/10

I'm surprised I hadn't seen this episode until recently. It's actually a very funny episode, and an episode I'm surprised we haven't already had. The plot is also very well structured and done in a very good way. I love this episode, and I'm glad it's getting a lot of praise on SBM.

THE LIST:
1. Scavenger Pants (A+)
2. Teacher's Pests (A+)
3. Bottle Burglars (A+)
4. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
5. Squid Noir (A)
6. Chatterbox Gary (A)
7. Man Ray Returns (A)
8. Doodle Dimension (A)
9. Spin The Bottle (A)
10. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
11. Drive Happy (A)
12. Sanitation Insanity (B)
13. Stuck On The Roof (B)
14. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
15. Moving Bubble Bass (B)
16. Pat the Horse (B)
17. High Sea Diving (B)
18. Spot Returns (B)
19. Fun-Sized Friends (B)
20. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
21. The Clam Whisperer (C)
22. No Pictures, Please (C)
23. Cuddle E. Hugs (C)
24. Old Man Patrick (C)
25. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
26. Don't Feed the Clowns (C)
27. The Check-Up (D)
28. Grandmum's the Word (D)
29. Bunny Hunt (D)

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
What can I say that hasn't been said already? This episode is GREAT! It's both creative and funny! Speaking of creative, I love when Squidward briefly hugged Spongebob! :1st: :sbparty:
Welcome back, Luke Brookshier! And well done! :sbyes:

9/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Is “Bottle Burglars” the role reversal to end all role reversals? Yeah, that's it for my intro. Just sit on that.

We start things off with SpongeBob and Squidward cleaning the Krusty Krab. This is a nice little set up for our episode, and it generates quite a few good gags, both visual and otherwise, so I like this. While SpongeBob and Squidward are cleaning the safe, Plankton’s getting ready to enact another scheme…a scheme that we’ve actually already seen in “Patty Caper”, now that I think about it. But that was SpongeBob’s imagination running wild, while this one is the real deal. And it turns out that Plankton didn’t need to do this scheme at all, because Squidward accidentally throws the formula on top of him with the rest of the garbage. And so employees, this is why you must never be a Squidward (lol).

I like how this episode has Squidward freaking out about losing the formula too. Not only does it blend masterfully with SpongeBob’s dramatics, but it’s also just nice to see him somewhat invested in his job…if only because of his desire to keep getting paid. Anywho, the scene of Squidward and SpongeBob watching the security cameras raises a lot of questions…namely why Mr. Krabs has them in the bathroom. It’s “Truth or Square” all over again.

Day turns to night, and this is where we get the true role reversal we’ve all been waiting for—Squidward and SpongeBob try to steal the formula back from Plankton. We also get what I’m choosing to see as a reference to “Mimic Madness”, so that was cute. Squidward and SpongeBob break into the Chum Bucket, complete with some fun visual gags. Plankton’s bedtime routine is thankfully not long and excruciating, because it definitely could’ve been. I really like the little set up of Plankton and Karen’s room that we see in this episode. It’s the first time we’ve seen it, and I like it.

I also really love that this episode features Spot, because that’s a little bit of show continuity that I love. And I like how he’s not the security measure SpongeBob and Squidward should look out for. First, there’s a sleep walking Karen, who turns them into chum (does this confirm the origins of the substance????), and then there’s all of the traps Plankton set on the way to the safe…all of which end up hurting Squidward LMAO. This segment was hilarious. And of course, after all of those trials and tribulations, the moment SpongeBob lays a hand on the formula, another trap goes off, sending Squidward and SpongeBob flying out the Chum Bucket. Dang, maybe Mr. Krabs needs to invest in some of these measures too. We also get a gorgeous background alert in this part, as it’s nearing dawn.

Since SpongeBob and Squidward utterly failed at getting the formula back, they’re forced to tell Mr. Krabs what happened. This is probably the most famous part of the episode, other than maybe the hallway scene. And for good reason, Mr. Krabs’ reaction is hilarious, from the voice acting to the animation. And I love how Mr. Krabs wastes no energy getting the thing back, just busting open Plankton’s wall and safe, and grabbing it. It reminds me of “Bucket Sweet Bucket”. Mr. Krabs has whatever abilities he needs to maintain the status quo haha. We even get another gorgeous background right before Plankton finds out his dreams have been thoroughly and utterly crushed. How nice for me! Not so nice is Squidward and SpongeBob’s fate, stuck in the safe as the new security. It sure is funny though!

“Bottle Burglars” was simply a fun little role reversal episode, even if the actual role reversal occurs nearly halfway through. There really isn’t much else for me to say about this one. It does exactly what it set out to do, which is be a good time. And it’s funny too. And I’d say it’s just about got the “wow” factor needed to be an Amazing-tier episode.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9/10

Back