222a. Krabby Patty Creature Feature

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode. This really feels like SpongeBob's take on a Treehouse of Horror type tone with its humorous take on zombie movies. I think this episode is a good example of making something old feel new as while this episode has elements of Once Bitten and The Krabby Patty that Ate Bikini Bottom the direction they take it in is much different and a lot closer to how an actual Apocalypse movie would play out. Normally I really don't like the ridiculous expressions and gross-out humor but not only did they not bother me here they actually aided the episode the crazy expressions and gross-out actually have a purpose here since it's a monster movie episode. It's supposed to be bizarre and strange. It doesn't work in other episodes since it feels out of place and meaningless, but here it only adds to the parody. The rest of the episode has a great dosage of humor (Especially Bubble Bass' scene) and horror elements to make for a SpongeBob episode that I can see myself watching on Halloween.

9/10

I'm going to change this a bit. While I still find this one of the more solid season 11 episodes it does have some more mediocre elements hidden behind its presentation. While the episode has a great B movie feel when you get down to it the story feels too montage-y with big sections showing them turning into Krabby Patty people making SpongeBob trying to survive feel underdeveloped and short. And while I like the jokes their frequency could've been turned up a notch with some sections that drag a bit. I stand by all my compliments and it is still a good episode, just not a great one.

7/10

Eh. I wasn't too thrilled with this one. It has that horror feeling, and it has a very unique plot, but the execution could have been better. It was rather weird, and just a bit too creepy for my taste. I know that's how it's supposed to feel, but it just doesn't work for me.

THE LIST:
1. The Legend Of Boo-Kini Bottom (A+)
2. Man Ray Returns (A+)
3. Spin The Bottle (A)
4. Larry The Floor Manager (A)
5. Stuck On The Roof (B)
6. There's A Sponge In My Soup (B)
7. Spot Returns (B)
8. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)
9. The Clam Whisperer (C)
10. No Pictures, Please (C)
11. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (C)
12. The Check-Up (D)

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
I’m sorry, but this episode was bad. The faces were horrendous, the Krabby Patty zombies are disgusting, like Season 6 disgusting. And all around dull episode.

Rating: Bad

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Tyler730 said:
I’m sorry, but this episode was bad. The faces were horrendous, the Krabby Patty zombies are disgusting, like Season 6 disgusting. And all around dull episode.

Rating: Bad
They had a point though. This was supposed to be themed like a horror movie. You can't have a horror movie without a little bit of horror.

This is nothing like seasons 6 and 10 where they had grotesque details for no reason.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
I know it's against the rules to bump old topics, but I agree with you. This episode had some of the best reminders of the storyboard driven era. The show is actually script driven again.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I know it's against the rules to bump old topics, but I agree with you. This episode had some of the best reminders of the storyboard driven era. The show is actually script driven again.
Bumping episode discussions are fine. Same with pinned topics. Anything that will be in the same place on the forum when someone posts on it is allowed to be bumped.

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
This is one of my favorite episodes of season 11, and it's pretty self-explanatory. The animation and visuals are probably the best part of this episode.

The only flaw is that whole Krabs and Spongebob laughing bit at the beginning. Even then, it's really minor.

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (10/10)
3. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (9.9/10)
4. Friend Or Foe (9/10)
5. Your Shoes Untied (8/10)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8/10)
7. Extreme Spots (8/10)
8. Patrick's Coupon (7.9/10)
9. Girls Night Out (6/10)
10. House Fancy (6/10)
11. Pet Sitter Pat (2/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Oh SpongeBob SquarePants, you shouldn’t have! I mean, another creepy, weird episode, for me? I’m flattered honestly. Today I’m covering “Krabby Patty Creature Feature”, another episode to frequent my Halloween marathon because of its horrific elements. Really glad to see episodes like these return in full force this season.

SpongeBob starts out this episode very typically enjoying his job at the Krusty Krab. I appreciate the commitment of these scenes lately to being full of fun visual gags. But other than that, there’s very little I can say about most of them, this one included. I did really like the laughing scene between SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs though lol, reminded me a lot of “Face Freeze!”. And also it makes me think, when was the last time we got an “Everybody Laughs” ending? Feels like it’s been a while. Well anyway, we get to the main plot driver of this episode quickly—normal Krabby Patties are deemed too boring by the masses. They look like big macs haha. But anyway, this is one of those episodes where the audacity of customers never ceases to astound me. If you want something new, why are you at this restaurant, eating the burgers that are apparently too “boring”? And let me clarify that I’m not actually annoyed lol, just pointing this out.

Mr. Krabs takes SpongeBob to his secret lab, where he’s apparently employed Sandy. I love how this is only barely explained lol, like how long has Mr. Krabs been looking to “science up” his menu? But hey, more Sandy is always a win. Sandy shows off a patty that is very clearly a biohazard, and Mr. Krab decides to sell it. And of course, this is one of those episodes where SpongeBob wants the Krusty Krab to stay the way it is, while someone else wants it to change. It’s a little overplayed considering that we just got “Larry The Floor Manager”, but I’ll allow it. I like this episode more than that one anyway.

Now what did I say about these new patties being biohazards? Doesn’t take long for everyone eating them to become patty zombies that make the hallucinations from “Fear of a Krabby Patty” look like child’s play. Seriously, the character designing in this episode is absolutely fantastic, I love how legitimately scary and disturbing the patty zombies are. And this episode really leans into the scary atmosphere with SpongeBob slowly becoming the only person left, being chased around by patty zombies. And also, the entire “chow down SpongeBob” sequence. Simply yes. To all of that. You might think that once the horror starts up, the episode stops focusing on the jokes, but that’s not the case. “Krabby Patty Creature Feature” balances humor and horror very well. SpongeBob’s dramatic, expressive reactions are inherently funny, and there was a funny joke with an incidental deciding not to eat one of the new patties after seeing the zombies (though being forced to eat the flesh of a patty zombie anyway). Or like the bit with the mailman, or the cop, those were funny too. Or everything with Bubble Bass, that was hilarious (and a great “Pickles” reference). And there’s more too, but I’ve gotta stop listing every joke I see lol.

SpongeBob learns that Plankton is the only other unaffected person in Bikini Bottom (I guess Perch forgot about Karen?), so he makes a beeline for the Chum Bucket. And we even get a reference to “Graveyard Shift”, how lovely. Unfortunately, Karen and Plankton get turned instantly, so it’s up to SpongeBob to save the day. How fortunate that he happens to be in the one place where the antidote for the zombies is—chum! Plankton really needs to invest in a career as a scientist at this point.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

Back