216a. Cave Dwelling Sponge

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Plot-wise this is kinda a disaster. The concept is something I'm sooooo sick of and this episode doesn't do anything to make it feel unique and it feels like practically an afterthought as the episode's too busy focusing on Spongy Sponge's wacky shoe fetish. The lame plot barely gets a resolution (If you can even call it that) which just happens with no proper build up.

With that said the episode did actually make me laugh. It wasn't that consistent but some of the dialogue was actually humorous and everyone is characterized as they should even with Spongy Sponge being a character I'm not found of. The comedy of this episode really isn't something to dive too deep in without just explaining jokes but while everything Spongy Sponge related falls flat, the jokes are pretty decent otherwise.

With an awful plot and decent jokes, I was tempted to give this a 4, but I didn't feel like I wasted my time either. Which makes it more of a mixed rather than bad experience.

5/10

Looks like we finally have another cave sponge, much like SB-129 and Ugh. I can't say I really enjoyed this episode, but I can't say I hated it either. It wasn't a bad watch, so I'll give it a B.

THE LIST:
1. Cave Dwelling Sponge (B)

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I began watching the new episodes (well it premiered 1 year ago but it's still new to me since i saw it today for the first time). I liked that episode but I prefer the clam whisperer one (i watched these 2). I liked the idea of them bringing an episode with prehistoric references on it, the ending was stupid and uncreative to me and not at all funny, i'd have prefered an alternative ending with probably SpongeBob managing to make the prehistoric sponge nice or trying to teach him how to live in the present world...but anyways i really liked the scene with the car tool krabby patties and squidward trying to convince the customers about the prehistoric sponge, i also really liked the fact that spongebob didn't understand that there was a prehistoric sponge destroying the city until his show up to the prison, i liked the scene with mr krabs and spongebob at the prison too, but yea the ending wasnt my cup of tea, for that , it's an 8/10 from moi