215b. Don't Wake Patrick

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I already knew about Glove World showing up instead of Glove Universe in this episode, thus making it clear that Glove Universe will never be used despite having tons of potential, but it still hurt me inside to see it happen anyway :(

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Nothing much to review about this episode. I will say this, it's the calmest episode I've seen in this season, which had the attention spam of an ADHD person (no offense). I think it's because of the lack of dialogue which feels different, because this season was very dialogue heavy (not that it's a bad thing). Although it was kinda dull due to that reason, I thought some of the visual gags made up for it. It should be noted that this is the first post-sequel episode to be board driven (as Brian Morante, the storyboard artist, helped Mr. Lawrence wrote some of the script, probably the only lines for this episode). Although, it's ironic, the shortest season 10 episode had 2 writers. I will give them credits, I liked seeing SpongeBob trying to get Patrick back to his rock house, by going to different places as Patrick sleepwalks. Repetitive but kinda fun. Though, this is the weakest of the Patrick "shorts" episode since Rise and Shine, Donut of Shame, and Pat No Pay were funnier imo. Nothing bad about the episode itself, but it's just an okay episode altogether.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
Nothing much to review about this episode. I will say this, it's the calmest episode I've seen in this season, which had the attention spam of an ADHD person (no offense). I think it's because of the lack of dialogue which feels different, because this season was very dialogue heavy (not that it's a bad thing). Although it was kinda dull due to that reason, I thought some of the visual gags made up for it. It should be noted that this is the first post-sequel episode to be board driven (as Brian Morante, the storyboard artist, helped Mr. Lawrence wrote some of the script, probably the only lines for this episode). Although, it's ironic, the shortest season 10 episode had 2 writers. I will give them credits, I liked seeing SpongeBob trying to get Patrick back to his rock house, by going to different places as Patrick sleepwalks. Repetitive but kinda fun. Though, this is the weakest of the Patrick "shorts" episode since Rise and Shine, Donut of Shame, and Pat No Pay were funnier imo. Nothing bad about the episode itself, but it's just an okay episode altogether.
Brian Morante wasn't involved with the script, he boarded the episode from an outline (which Mr. Lawrence wrote), so the storyboard itself acted as a script in a way. I think most of the dialogue came from Brian's storyboard, though I'm not 100% sure. It's how the show was written from season 1-9a

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Don't Wake Patrick is kind of what I expected it to be, a middle-of-the-road episode. It wasn't too grand, nor was it that entertaining and funny. But...it's kind of harmless. There isn't anything to really point out, or criticize in this episode. Sure, it's really forgettable, but at the same time, the episode executes a "Sleep Walking" plot well, without really pulling off any sleep walking stereotypes. Don't Wake Patrick is like a watered down cartoon of Tom & Jerry (If Tom were to take care of Tike, but Tike ends up sleepwalking, and Tom has to do everything in his power to keep him safe). It's not as boring as I thought it'd be, but it surely wasn't that entertaining. A lot of the visuals are hit or miss, sometimes there's some funny animation (Like when Patrick's tongue flew into SpongeBob's mouth at Glove World), and other times there are gags that just aren't funny (Like when Patrick was eating things in SpongeBob's fridge). It's odd, for every bad thing in this episode, there seems to be a good thing in contrast to that bad thing. Oh yeah, Glove World is apparently back. I guess Glove Universe wasn't doing too hot in sales. :squidannoyed:

Maybe it's abandoned. Ooh...that'd be interesting. A Halloween episode in which SpongeBob and Patrick explore the abandoned Glove World. That'd be pretty cool. Take notes, writers. :notetoself:

Overall, this is an Okay Episode. If it was a regular sized episode, I would give it much more flack, but for a short, it does alright. I give it a 5/10.

this one was fine. Not too much to say here but this episode was a decent entertainment. SpongeBob getting hurt felt a bit tiresome but the episode had some other gags to spice it up. SpongeBob putting spaghetti in his stomach was amusing enough, dancing sequence was pretty hlarious and I loved seeing Glove World again (sadly they didn't bring Glove Universe but oh well). One thing I was so glad about this episode was that they made Squidward open his lights on but they never made him appear. Thank god, Squidward didn't have to suffer from Patrick. Also SpongeBob died at the end. Overall, I kind of enjoyed it but it wasn't too crazy about it either.

Grade: B

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
CartoonJazzLover said:
I think it's because of the lack of dialogue which feels different, because this season was very dialogue heavy (not that it's a bad thing).
I haven't seen these new episodes but from the 19 episodes I did see I feel like we watched a completely different season because this season had next to no dialogue humor for me outside of MermaidPants.

Growlie

Best Boy
Now, this one I can say, for sure (while my hate isn't as strong.) I didn't like. If Patrick wad my neighbor, I'd be Patrick proofing everything! Comparing this, to that episode of Ed, Edd and Eddy were Ed sleptwalked, I'd say the humor in that episode was far more entertaining then this one with Patrick.

Looks like we should compare both episodes, since both characters Patrick and Ed were sleepwalking.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I haven't checked out any of the new episodes since "Spot Returns/The Check-Up" due to most of them underwhelming me, but I did manage to see this one on TV (not the other one though). I wasn't expecting much out of it, and that's what I got. It's cool to see the short format again, and I could see this episode being really tedious and boring if it was 11 minutes long, but at only 6-7 minutes, it wasn't too bad, though I found it to be a little too repetitive for my liking. Also, why is the episode called "Don't Wake Patrick" when Spongebob is trying to wake him up the whole time? Something like "Wake Up Patrick" makes more sense to me. Regardless, it's just okay.

6.5/10

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I think it's because of the lack of dialogue which feels different, because this season was very dialogue heavy (not that it's a bad thing).

What..... this season had way more visual gags than dialogue gags. That was one of the biggest criticisms with this season.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 10

Episode: Don't Wake Patrick

This episode was decent. It reminded me of an Ed, Edd 'N Eddy episode (handled much better). I expected to see Glove Universe, but instead they gave us Glove World again, but contuinity was never the strongest aspect of the serie. The ending was predictable, in an unpleasant way... There were few funny jokes. 6/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I like how we're getting shorts time to time but in comparison to the likes of The Donut of Shame and Picture Day this wasn't all that great. It's one joke taken to the extreme which is the format other short episodes have been built on but here the main problem is that joke just wasn't all that great to begin with. The whole aspect of SpongeBob repeatedly getting hurt from Patrick's sleepwalking shenanigans is something that gets tired and predictable even in its short run time not aided by the slapstick which feels just not that funny in comparison to its Warner Bros inspirations. It's harmless enough for 7 minutes but I can't really say I found anything to like in this episode.

4/10

The slapstick in this episode just didn't work for me because the character receiving it didn't deserve. Plus, it's kind of a dumb plot. Didn't really like it.

Final Ranking:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Plankton Gets the Boot (A+)
3. Mimic Madness (A)
4. Burst Your Bubble (A)
5. Mermaid Pants (A)
6. Feral Friends (A)
7. SpongeBob's Place (A)
8. Plankton Retires (B)
9. Lost and Found (B)
10. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge (B)
11. Out of the Picture (B)
12. Life Insurance (B)
13. The Getaway (B)
14. Code Yellow (B)
15. Trident Trouble (C)
16. Whirlybrains (C)
17. House Worming (C)
18. Sportz? (C)
19. Krusty Katering (C)
20. Don't Wake Patrick (D)
21. Patrick's Coupon (D)
22. Snooze You Lose (D)

And with that, I've reviewed every single episode. Man it feels good.

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
A simply good, entertaining episode. Nothing much noteworthy, it's just good.

Good Episode (7.5/10)

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
So not much to say because it’s a short. So this episode starts with SoongeBob getting some water then he sees Patrick. So then SpongeBob has to try not to wake him up for some reason. 9.5/10 GOOD short.
The moral of the short is not to wake sleepwalkers (which is why it's infamous).

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
OLD REVIEW NEW ONE BELOW!

This is the weakest season 10 episode for me i hate the plot also its extremely boring and it has no good jokes and I HATE THE ENDING!

Final Rating: 1/10 Unacceptable

Feral Friends (PERFECT)
Whirly Brains (Amazing!)
Incredible Shrinking Sponge (Interesting)
Sportz? (Great)
Dont Wake Patrick (Unacceptable)

Last edited:

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I legit almost fell asleep watching this one so this one is actually fairly fairly weak i mean this one is one of the only 4 bad season 10 episodes a long with Life Insurance, Lost and Found and Unreal Estate. Also the ending was just terrible and (this is sarcasm) that was a great way to end a season 😒

Rating: Bad

Rankings:
Burst your Bubble (Golden)
The Getaway (Perfect)
Trident Trouble (Perfect)
Code Yellow (Perfect)
Plankton Retires (Perfect)
Feral Friends (Amazing!)
Mermaid Pants (Amazing!)
Mimic Madness (Superb)
Out of the Picture (Tolerant)
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge (Great)