174a. Treats!

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink

Premiere date: Tues, 10th April, 5:00pm

This was one of the best episodes I have seen in such a long time! It had a funny plot and was really cute, especially the montage of Gary doing tricks to get the snail snacks. It was really funny when SpongeBob practices saying no to Gary with Patrick. :
xd.gif
: Such a great ep! 8.5/10

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I've only seen the short clip on http://spongebob.nick.com/, but I loved the clip and am really looking forward to seeing the whole episode.

In contrast to "InSPONGEiac" yesterday, the Twitter reaction for this episode was very positive. People seemed to enjoy these parts in particular:
- Gary Wilson Jr
- "We're closed, do I have to spell it out for you? C-S-L-O-S-C-E-D!"

So, yeah ... can't wait to see the ep in full.

:gary:

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I thought that this episode was pretty good and very funny, including the ending. My only complaints were that the idea of SpongeBob not being able to say "no" was done before ("Abrasive Side," anyone?) and that the Snail Bites commercial went on for a bit too long.

My final score: 9/10!

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I agree with this, although it was kind of a different situation and maybe just a reference to that episode :weehammer:

OK, that works as well and at least this episode actually did the plot better than "Abrasive Side" (in my opinion).

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Good Aaron Springer episode. It was giving me vibes from "Hide And Then What Happens?" when Spongebob went on the blimp to find more treats, and I got "Spongebob V.S The Big One" vibes when we saw the Island Pet store, and the whole montage where Gary does tricks for treats and the map gave me weird memories of "Gary Takes A Bath". That's incredibly hilarious because Aaron wrote for every single one of those episodes.

Best part was the ending with the Snail Treats factory and Spongebob saying "no" for sure. It wasn't too funny, but it was good.

Solid ep. 8/10. And Ugly Barnacle, for someone who's generally critical of Post-Movie episodes, I'm surprised you liked this one. :P

Cha

I love SBM
Liked learning about Gary's middle name. Awesome how we got to see a map of the underwater world!! The commerical was pretty cool too.

A-

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I think this might be my new favourite post-movie episode. But I am a Gary fan, so I may be a little biased.
The constant meowing cracked me up.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Quite a good episode. :) It was surprising to hear Gary's full name, I thought it would have been something like "Gary SquarePants", considering SpongeBob is his owner. :P

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This post is pretty biased and as a result has been deleted.

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It was really good. Animation was a bit iffy at some points, but it was generally enjoyable. Better than a lot of Post-Movie stuff, even if that stuff is good.

Premise: 8/10
Execution: 9/10

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'll be honest, I should have given it a 4/10, because it fixed the damage done by episodes like Grooming Gary and A Pal For Gary.

hfjs

In my top 5 for best post movie episodes. Let's see.......

Written by:

Aaron Springer
Dani Michaeli

tumblr_m39vcoU1Ly1r6blk5o1_500.gif

They actually did an amazing job this episode, these same people wrote PENNY FOOLISH AND DEAR FREAKING VIKINGS. There are many funny jokes in this episode.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
So, what you're saying is the same people who wrote two monstrously bad episodes wrote this one? I'm impressed. They've really redeemed themselves to come up with such an amazing episode like this. This relatively new, yet funny, cute, and classic, season 8 episode is a must-see for all SpongeBob fans out there! 9/10

Back