171a. Karen 2.0

Decent episode. The idea of Plankton replacing Karen with another computer isn't a bad one, but I feel like there's something missing from this episode. And I think that it's actually that we don't get to see a whole lot of Karen 2. This episode probably would have been better if there was more of a leading to the climax, and if we got to see more of Karen 2. But it's not a bad episode. This show has definitely done worse.

jack_of_all_traids said:
Decent episode. The idea of Plankton replacing Karen with another computer isn't a bad one, but I feel like there's something missing from this episode. And I think that it's actually that we don't get to see a whole lot of Karen 2. This episode probably would have been better if there was more of a leading to the climax, and if we got to see more of Karen 2. But it's not a bad episode. This show has definitely done worse.
Wow I was way too negative here. This episode isn't half bad. It's actually pretty good, and I feel like we got to see enough of each side. It's good and I feel like there are a few good jokes.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
5. Ghoul Fools (A)
6. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
7. Mooncation (A)
8. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
9. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
10. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
11. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
12. Walking the Plankton (B)
13. Karen 2.0 (B)
14. The Way of the Sponge (B)
15. A Friendly Game (B)
16. Free Samples (B)
17. Sentimental Sponge (C)
18. Bubble Troubles (C)
19. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
20. Accidents Will Happen (C)
21. Fiasco! (C)
22. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
23. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
24. Barnacle Face (C)
25. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
26. The Googly Artiste (D)
27. The Other Patty (D)
28. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
29. Patrick's Staycation (D)
30. Oral Report (E)
31. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
32. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
33. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
34. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I like this episode. Its funny and pretty action-packed also Karen 2 was a fun character so this one is good.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Is this “Karen 2.0” or is this “Komputer Overload”? Because let’s be real, there are quite a few similarities between these two episodes. And while I never fully got the two mixed up, I for sure associate them heavily in my head.

This episode very explicitly goes into the marriage of Karen and Plankton, but not in the way I’ve been dreaming of, because rather than an actually good exploration of their bond, we just have Plankton being the worst husband ever. Yeah, sorry, but I ain’t sympathetic for the guy here, and even if he’s a villain he still has to be pleasant to watch, and he clearly isn’t here, at least not to me. I mean…he literally makes a replacement wife, and names it “Karen 2”. At least Karen fights back, as she should.

As we cut to the Krusty Krab, I can see the episode’s plot laid out before me. Like clearly, Plankton is about to use Karen 2 to try and steal the formula. Which in some ways doesn’t make that much sense given how rarely he uses the original Karen to steal the formula, but whatever. The interaction between SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs is pretty good, because I always love SpongeBob being a little weirdo who loves work so, so much. SpongeBob trips over a box outside the Chum Bucket, which of course has Karen inside. Mr. Krabs decides to take advantage of this free technology, again showing his short-sightedness as this could very well have been a plot from Plankton. Luckily it wasn’t though, as Karen boots up and immediately starts crying.

And that’s one thing that’s cool about this episode, we get to see Karen interact with people she doesn’t normally interact with—SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs. It’s utilizing her main character status in a satisfying way. And also I quite like Karen, so it’s always nice to see her in the first place. It’s also kind of funny seeing this episode after “Single Cell Anniversary”, because first it’s SpongeBob helping Plankton, and now it’s SpongeBob helping Karen. And I love how Karen is so…above Mr. Krabs’ and SpongeBob’s BS. I don’t know how else to describe it. She’s like Squidward, but with more class LMAO. The way she’s completely over them is hilarious. And I also like the idea of making Karen a Krusty Krab employee, because I think that’s just interesting. And it also ends up being really funny too, when she snaps at the people ordering.

Plankton and Karen 2 show up, and Plankton is affronted by Karen working at the Krusty Krab. Well…that’s what you get! Get dunked on, sucka! The bickering between Karen and Karen 2 is very entertaining, because fights like this always result in some great insults all around. Mr. Krabs turning it into an attraction is so very him, and I love it. And then the actual fight itself is great too, very entertaining. It ends when Plankton gets hurt though, and Karen basically k!lls Karen 2 LMAO. And the ending is actually wholesome, making up for Plankton’s earlier showing as a complete jerkwad.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.3/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Komputer Overload? Yeah I wish
  1. Frozen Face Off (10/10)
  2. Ghoul Fools (10/10)
  3. Planet Of The Jellyfish (10/10)
  4. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (10/10)
  5. A Squarepants Family Vacation (10/10)
  6. Mooncation (10/10)
  7. Mermaid Man Begins (10/10)
  8. The Hot Shot (10/10)
  9. Are You Happy Now? (9.5/10)
  10. Oral Report (9.5/10)
  11. Drive Thru (9.5/10)
  12. Plankton's Good Eye (9/10)
  13. A Friendly Game (8.5/10)
  14. The Way Of The Sponge (8/10)
  15. Home Sweet Rubble (8/10)
  16. Walking The Plankton (8/10)
  17. Squidward's School For Grown Ups (8/10)
  18. Sweet And Sour Squid (7.5/10)
  19. Sentimental Sponge (7/10)
  20. Accidents Will Happen (6.5/10)
  21. The Other Patty (6/10)
  22. Free Samples (5.5/10)
  23. Bubble Troubles (4.5/10)
  24. Fiasco! (4/10)
  25. Barnacle Face (3.5/10)
  26. Karen 2.0 (3.5/10)
  27. Mr Krabs Takes A Vacation (3.5/10)
  28. Bubble Buddy Returns (3/10)
  29. Restraining Spongebob (2/10)
  30. The Googly Artiste (1.5/10)
  31. Patrick's Staycation (1.5/10)
  32. Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom (1/10)
  33. House Sittin For Sandy (1/10)
  34. Pet Sitter Pat (0/10)

Back